Adam's body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung_Meggie said:
I don't know why I'm encouraging this, but it is a beautoful picture. I saw the Anton exhibit when it was in NYC and this photograph is there. It's stunning, especially when you read how Anton accomplished it.

Me senses a story coming forth... No, but seriously, could you tell me about it? 'Cause i have no idea what Anton said about it...

...I guess I'm a bit more ancient that most of ya'll here...but I actually BOUGHT Achtung Baby in LP form when it came out...actually on the day it was released in the States....it did not come out originally as a CD...just and LP and a tape...I believe...

stonecircle said:
...I guess I'm a bit more ancient that most of ya'll here...but I actually BOUGHT Achtung Baby in LP form when it came out...actually on the day it was released in the States....it did not come out originally as a CD...just and LP and a tape...I believe...

I'm even more ancient. I bought October on LP, at the time. :happy:

JezSnape said:

Me senses a story coming forth... No, but seriously, could you tell me about it? 'Cause i have no idea what Anton said about it...

I'll explain it as best I can because I'm no professional, but he said he used a very very slow exposure and painted the light onto Adam with a flashlight so the film could pick up the image. That's why it's so blurry. No matter how still Adam tried to be, it's impossible to be completely motionless, and I think that if you look by his hands especially you can see that he'd moved a bit. This technique is also why the background looks like two circles - Anton was swooping the beam from the flashlight around.

Achtung_Meggie said:

I'll explain it as best I can because I'm no professional, but he said he used a very very slow exposure and painted the light onto Adam with a flashlight so the film could pick up the image. That's why it's so blurry. No matter how still Adam tried to be, it's impossible to be completely motionless, and I think that if you look by his hands especially you can see that he'd moved a bit. This technique is also why the background looks like two circles - Anton was swooping the beam from the flashlight around.

I think that maybe for my mental health's sake, it's a good thing the picture isn't more in focus. :drool: Does anyone have any idea why they decided to have that picture taken at all? I mean, not that I mind, or anything...

I love every Adam era. I mean every era Adam's in... ah, you get what I mean. Although, I have to confess bursting into laughter when I saw my old copy of the video to Gloria the other day. His hair is positively yellow, not blonde... I don't know if that's what he really looked like, or if the colour on the tape is off...

I loved 80's Adam, he's always been my fave in the band, wasn't so keen on him in the 90's but then my whole U2 fetish waned then (pregnancies and kids to deal with).

I'm now totally in love with Millenium Adam - my 11 year old son can't believe I fancy a man with greyer hair than his dad's!!!!

Back
Top Bottom