Adam splits with Susie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone ever really know how old Suzie was? I was so hoping she was of child bearing age too,and that we would have little Adam babies...but alas it was not to be :sad: There is still hope though!!!
I was hoping that since the tour was over we could see some new wedding pics soon.

I just read this on DS and thought it was bullshit, now im upset:( .

I wanted a big u2 wedding ect etc. I just hope adam sticks on the straight and narrow and hopefully puts pen to paper on some lyrics maybe.

Im sure a good looking guy like Adam will be fine after a while :hug:

Looks like Naomi and Terrence aren't dating, so she is available :wink:

Don't believe those rumors linking Terrence Howard to Naomi Campbell: The onetime Oscar nominee tells PEOPLE he's trying to woo back his estranged wife, Lori.

The New York Daily News reported last month that the actor and Campbell were an item, but Howard, who turns 38 on Sunday and stars in the upcoming movie Pride, tells PEOPLE: "You gotta remember now, I'm still married."

Howard and Lori, 35 – who have two daughters, Aubrey and Heavenly, and one son, Hunter – have been off and on since they married in 1989.

"I'm still trying to get my wife back," Howard says. I'm always gonna, you know, till she puts the last nail that coffin, and I'm hoping she don't.

"[She] filed for divorce but I'm still trying to campaign. My three kids are campaigning for me, too. They'll make sure that anybody who comes sniffing around gets a bloody nose."

So what is his relationship with Campbell, then? "I'm linked to Naomi Campbell in a sense that we both have a mentor in Quincy Jones. We've shared a lot of great moments and ideas," he says. "That's the truth of it. I've only known her two weeks!"

Howard says he's mentoring the troubled catwalker. His advice? "Maintain your majestic composure at all times."

from the Irish Independent:
He still hasn't found who he's looking for

Wednesday March 7th 2007
Is there the whiff of the eternal bachelor about Adam Clayton or is the man with the golden bass just plain unlucky in love? ANN DERMODY reports

It's probably just as well that Nicole Kidman isn't particularly pally with U2 bassist Adam Clayton. The actress who famously had a $10,000 bet with eternal bachelor George Clooney that he would be married and knee-deep in children by his 40th birthday would be out of pocket again this week if she had placed a similar wager on the Dublin rock star.

Kidman lost dramatically when Clooney reached the big Four-0 sans wedding ring five years ago. He allegedly sent the money back offering a double-or-quits option by his 50th.

With news emerging that Adam Clayton has split from his long-time partner and fiancé Susie Smith, will the U2 bassist be seeking to lift Clooney's 'most eligible' bachelor crown?

At 47, the man known as one of the quieter members of the band has once again become Ireland's most sought-after man. On paper Mr Clayton has it all: the five-star lifestyle, the glorious career and the undying devotion of millions of fans around the world.

But when he goes home to his Georgian pile in Rathfarnham after an arduous world tour, unlike the other members of U2 it's not to a bevvy of kids and a loving spouse.

Although little is known about his private life, there has always been something alluringly unconventional about Adam Clayton; something that just doesn't gel with the institution of marriage.

These days, his neat haircut and intellectual-looking spectacles are a world apart from the wild rock star image of yesteryear, when he had blonde hair and swanned around in an Afghan coat. Yet Clayton still manages to give off the vibe that he is marching to a different drum.

There's no indication that he's a Hugh Grant-style player or a George Clooney commitment-phobe, despite having been engaged twice - first to supermodel Naomi Campbell in 1994, and most recently to Canadian music executive Susie Smith.

Despite all the temptations that must lie on your average megastar's doorstep, there have never been any stories of night-crawling in Los Angeles or dramatic kiss-and-tell sagas played out by groupies in the tabloids.

Whether or not the last-minute reticence to waltz up the aisle came from Clayton or his fiancé, at least they won't be breaking up in public like Macca and Heather.

He and Susie Smith had been together for about a decade before they announced their engagement last year and their plans to marry in 2007. Unexpectedly, instead of the chime of wedding bells has come the echo of a relationship breaking apart.

However, like that other confessed bachelor Hugh Grant, who also recently split from his long-term girlfriend Jemima Khan, Clayton remains friends with his exes. But unlike the Kylie Minogues and the Sienna Millers who seem to choose men who are so obviously wrong for them, Clayton has had apparently meaningful long-term relationships with worthy women.

The only problem is they have unravelled.

The irony is that there appears to be different rules for men and women when it comes to finding lasting love - even when they happen to be beautiful, famous and fabulously successful. High-profile men such as Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx who have yet to find their 'Ms Right' are not seen as pitiful recluses in need of a mate to complete their lives like their female equivalents.

Even if Adam Clayton or other high-profile bachelors like Matthew McConaughey are secretly nursing broken hearts and suffering lonely nights, it's hard to imagine them sitting at home crying into their cocoa, bawling about not having met the love of their lives.

Clayton can look forward to a chorus of back-slapping applause as he comes back on the market. Meanwhile, his former flame Naomi Campbell, a dozen years his junior at just 35 and still stunningly desirable, is being written off as a spinster with all the negative connotations that conjures up.

Privately, things may not be as easy in the love stakes for the Zen-like bassist. After all, the other members of U2 have all been with their partners and wives for years. Finding 'the one', if there is such a thing, may become a harder and harder prospect as time goes on for someone like Adam Clayton.

Unlike your average bloke, he's not likely to meet her by popping down to his local. Nor can he meet her in work, as he did with Smith, without the sense of discomfort on her side that comes with dating the boss.

He is, after all, one of five directors of a huge organisation that, despite all its advantages, comes with the massive drawback that he may never know whether someone actually likes him for himself or for the reflected glory of his public persona and bank account.

Adam Clayton hasn't actually publicly said anything. Whether a wife and kids are part of his life plan is anyone's guess, though fans who have an extraordinarily personal relationship with U2 would probably like to see him settled and happy.

While he decides, the gold-diggers and fame-seekers will be busy sharpening their manicured nails.

© http://www.unison.ie/

Heh. Maybe Adam is happier alone? Not everybody must be part of a couple, y'know. I think the man might just have discovered he LIKES being single, and has simply stopped trying to do 'the right thing'.

If he hasn't gotten married by now, it isn't likely that he will. Besides, he's a grown man. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Devlin said:
Heh. Maybe Adam is happier alone? Not everybody must be part of a couple, y'know. I think the man might just have discovered he LIKES being single, and has simply stopped trying to do 'the right thing'.

If he hasn't gotten married by now, it isn't likely that he will. Besides, he's a grown man. I'm sure he'll be fine.

This is SOOOO true! Society unfortunately believes we must be coupled up in order to be fulfilled and happy. I hope he and Suzy remain friends...who knows, they could at some point reunite. I just hopd he is happy, whether alone, with a spouse and a house full of kids or no kids at all!

silvrlvr said:
there's always hope for Larry :)

If Larry ever takes the plunge, he'll probably do it on the sly and we won't hear about it for months (or at least weeks) after the deed is done. And we'll NEVER see pictures.

I thought he wasn't wearing glasses any more... :shrug:

Either way, I agree that there's too much pressure on everyone to pair off. I also wish Adam every happiness, with or without a significant other.

Carek1230 said:

This is SOOOO true! Society unfortunately believes we must be coupled up in order to be fulfilled and happy. I hope he and Suzy remain friends...who knows, they could at some point reunite. I just hopd he is happy, whether alone, with a spouse and a house full of kids or no kids at all!

Yes I agree, even though it seems expected that we all should have that certain someone to spend our life with, some of us just can't find anyone who is willing to put up with all our little quirks! :wink:

Especially when you get to our age, (I'm two years younger than Adam) you just get so set in your ways, that it can be really hard to start compromising you want and think about someone else's needs and merge two lives together. Some people are able to work it out some not. But it's always best to make sure before you tie the knot, and obviously Adam and Susie came to conclusion that they just weren't compatible. :shrug:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes I agree, even though it seems expected that we all should have that certain someone to spend our life with, some of us just can't find anyone who is willing to put up with all our little quirks! :wink:

Especially when you get to our age, (I'm two years younger than Adam) you just get so set in your ways, that it can be really hard to start compromising you want and think about someone else's needs and merge two lives together. Some people are able to work it out some not. But it's always best to make sure before you tie the knot, and obviously Adam and Susie came to conclusion that they just weren't compatible. :shrug:

I am shocked, I thougth for sure that Adam would tie the knot....Just because it didn't work out , does not mean that Adam is not happy.....We have good days and bad and I haven't found my man yet and I am almost 40......I just need to keep on working on myself, my relationship with God and to feel comfortable without needing someone else to fufill me.......

Eeeeh! Carmel's not posted owt yet. She's blatantly booked her flight to Ireland and is on the plane right now! Heh heh.

But anyways, yeah, well, you've all already said everything that I was going to say; they deserve happiness, hope they're already, etc. But I agree with you all. So aye, what you all said. XD.

SimplyConfused said:
Eeeeh! Carmel's not posted owt yet. She's blatantly booked her flight to Ireland and is on the plane right now! Heh heh.

Blasted:ohmy:

You Pleban's are smart!

:evil:

Ad & Susie were still together at Christmas/new year (on vacation in the caribbean), so it's sad to hear about the split,,,,

btw, during his radio interview with Sean Moncrief on Paddy's Day, Edge talked about Ad and how 'compassionate' he is; also talked about how Adam was out of synch with rest of the band for a period in early 80's (and how he -edge- came close to leaving the band) nothing new in the discussion but interesting to hear those times talked about again

I don't think U2girl1978 is referring to common law marriage - it's that there have been several rumours (that I've heard over the years at least) that larry is already married and has been for years, it was just never made public.

it's pure speculation mind you, but knowing Larry's love of public attention, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true

He was asked point blank in a fairly recent interview (can't find it at the moment; I'll look later), and he indicated that he wasn't married. He said they'd "never gotten around to it" or words to that effect.

Back
Top Bottom