Adam splits with Susie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually can't believe that, they seemed to be settling down and everything.
Poor adam.

Oh No! Sooooo sad :sad: I was looking forward to seeing them get married and him settling down like the rest of the guys.

I wish them both well and hope they find love soon!

blueeyedgirl said:
Jeez. :(

And what's this with "amicable"? When you split with someone, you hate their guts, and think horrible thoughts of things happening to them, that will possibly cause them grevious bodily pain. Maybe 3, 4 years down the track you might be "amicable" :mad:

No, I'm not bitter.... :shifty:

:hug:

I've had very 'amicable' split ups before. I think when you are with someone for that long and you already have a good friendship established, its pretty hard to just toss that away.

The way that story is written sounds a bit like an obituary. It's too bad about Adam and Susie. Eight years is a long time leading up to an engagement:(
...Speaking of Naomi will someone tell me why she keeps showing up ? I know the band is friends with her but she's kinda bad news :huh: Id be afraid she'd chuck something at me..

it cracks me up when people act all surprised by this, or shocked that it happened so fast. What makes you think you'd know the inner workings of Adam and Susie's relationship? This could have been something that's been coming down the pike for a long time, just because Adam didn't keep the fans up to date on his love life doesn't mean it came out of the blue.

that said, I wish my best to Adam and Susie and hope they are both ok.

:sad: Poor Adam. I hope he's ok. :hug:
I thought he was really happy with Suzie. Best of luck to both of them.

Damn. Now I feel guilty for pouting about a mention of his wedding plans in another thread the other day :reject:

Amicable breakups are very much possible--my last serious boyfriend is now one of my best friends. Breakups are never easy, but preserving the friendship sometimes can make things easier. It's still a shame, though, especially so close to his birthday. :(

love2bmama said:
it cracks me up when people act all surprised by this, or shocked that it happened so fast. What makes you think you'd know the inner workings of Adam and Susie's relationship? This could have been something that's been coming down the pike for a long time, just because Adam didn't keep the fans up to date on his love life doesn't mean it came out of the blue.

I don't think people are suggesting, through their surprised reaction, that they know "the inner workings" of the relationship. I think everyone's surprise stems from the fact that the couple fairly recently announced their engagement after having been together for several years. That certainly suggested that the relationship was moving forward.

Anyway, better a broken engagement now than a divorce later.

love2bmama said:

that said, I wish my best to Adam and Susie and hope they are both ok.

well, for ideas, his engagement was announced last year... so we expected Ads to get married instead of this...

How sad. I am very sorry to hear this.

:hug: To Adam and Susie....:sad:

Maybe that's why Bono was looking kinda somber/sad before his speech Friday? I thought he looked a little sleepy and jet lagged. Maybe he was thinking about his friends too in some corner of his mind... awwhh. :(
Let's keep them all in our prayers....

:| Don't know what to say. I figured he would finally be able to settle down. :( Oh well, better this than misery later. :tsk:

last unicorn said:

Crap. There are other ways of seperating as well. Some people just discover that they have different perceptions and perspectives in life and need to move on.
It hurts, anyway.

Where's the fun in that???!!!! :D

"Anger is an energy"

^ It's only fun for so long :wink:

Sicy said:

:hug:

I've had very 'amicable' split ups before. I think when you are with someone for that long and you already have a good friendship established, its pretty hard to just toss that away.
I've had both kinds - the good and the ugly :uhoh: I hope for Adam and Susie that it truly is amicable :yes: She obviously was a hugely positive influence in his life.

Back
Top Bottom