Adam should be the spokesman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: I kinda agree (gasp!)

beli said:

Excellent post.

I agree with you on most points. Adam may well ooze confidence but I don't believe he actually is confident. I think hes more of a Little Boy Lost type myself but Adam is better at pulling the bluff than Bono.

Yeah, he did bluff about playing bass. ;). I met B.P. Fallon, and he says Adam's actually kinda shy.

I got a hold of just the text from the Time cover with U2, I did a similar thing in high school, and yeah, it worked for the most part.

"He (Adam) had come to Mount Temple from boarding school 'pretty freaked,terrified I was going to get beat up. I thought the quieter you kept, the more wary people would be. Intimidate them and not give anything away.' It worked. 'Clayton was an incredible rebel, in the true sense of the word,' Bono recalls fondly. 'He would come into class with a flask of coffee and put it up on his desk and start to drink. The people would blow their heads.' "

Hehe pay off some, scare off the rest of would-be bullies.

Thanks for sharing those stories. I'm not suprised to hear Adams shy.

That was a smart move on Adams behalf, the strategy to cope with the change from an independent school to a government school. I wish I had thought of that.

PS Do you have any more BP Fallon stories you would like to share?

Concerning B.P. Fallon, I met him at a U2 fan gathering here in California a few months back, someone from the staff at interference may have more stories, as he did a q and a session, but I didn't get to talk to him much.

Signed my t-shirt, however, he spelt my sister's name wrong on hers. However, at this point, my sister's pretty used to it, as few people get her name right.

A girl asked B.P. is there were any "juicy" stories about Adam, but he just said, Adam's actually kinda shy, that he's too much of a friend to tell any stories of that nature.

Thats cool. Wasn't so interested in the "juicy" stories, just stories in general. Thanks anyway.

This has been a lovely quiet chat compared to the screaming going on in other threads about tickets. lol.

I would love to see Adam talking more on awards ceremonies like when they got the Grammys last time and he spoke a little. That was cool. :up: Edge can be pretty funny too sometimes, the way he and Adam say funny stuff with a serious face kills me! :lol: I love Bono's arrogance, it's part of the rock star package! It makes him and the band more interesting. :yes:

And I love Larry’s sense of humor! :happy:

Larry (on Zoo TV): They're coming to a rock n' roll gig to watch tv and listen to music.

Kurt Loder: Surly there must be more than that.

Larry: Don’t call me Shirley.

:lmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom