Adam should be the spokesman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This actually brings me back to a question I asked in another thread. In most interviews it's usually:

Bono and Larry
Bono and Edge
Adam and Edge

I haven't seen/heard interviews with:
Adam and Bono
Larry and Edge

Does anyone have or heard of any such interviews?

beli said:
This actually brings me back to a question I asked in another thread. In most interviews it's usually:

Bono and Larry
Bono and Edge
Adam and Edge

Adam and Bono
Larry and Edge

Now that you bring it up, yeah. Where have I seen an interview with Bono and Adam, and Larry and Edge?

Probably because, Bono would take over most of the interview, Adam the occasionally nod, grin, laugh.

Edge would take over most of the interview, Larry wouldn't be there cos he hates doing them anyway ;)

---------

Has anyone ever seen Adam throw his bass guitar to the ground, kick it, start yelling at the others? *read of both Bono and Edge doing this at some point.*

I've never read of anything like that, nor Adam getting into it with any of them, like physically fighting. When Bono was on his case during the Achtung Baby sessions, he just handed the bass to Bono and told him, you do it then.

Maybe not the spokesman, but occasionally the one to speak for the group in some instances.

Bono described in an interview recently how the other children at school wanted to beat up Adam and Adam would say to his would-be attackers "Would 50p do? "

lol. One cool dude is Adam :up:

Well, we can see from Roelie's sig pic why Larry & Adam don't do interviews by themselves! :wink:

PS - you're right, don't think I've ever encountered Joerags before. I sort of agree that it would be nice to see more of the other three doing promo stuff, just because Bono is everwhere all of the time, but I don't agree he's too arrogant or whatever. He's good at talking to press, so he does a lot of it. Meh.

Cheers ~Ultra, accidentally sneaking back on topic

beli said:

Bono and Larry
Bono and Edge
Adam and Edge

Adam and Bono
Larry and Edge

I've noticed that too...but in the Best of 1990-2000 VH1/MTV special it's Edge and Larry.

U2exit.com has videos and I know they used to have it online. Not sure if they still do.

beli said:

Bono and Larry
Bono and Edge
Adam and Edge

Adam and Bono
Larry and Edge

bbb47d9d.jpg

This one was 90% Adam and Bono.

Thanks. I will look those up.

In regards that Adam and Bono interview on what looks like a boat, does anyone know what, where, when, etc? I will go a-hunting. :up:

beli said:
Thanks. I will look those up.

In regards that Adam and Bono interview on what looks like a boat, does anyone know what, where, when, etc? I will go a-hunting. :up:

That's from the Loreley Rockpalast in 1983. It's in a tent. I posted a bunch of those somewhere.

Thanks. I will go looking for the video file.

Sorry about the boat blooper. I blame it on the fact that its very early in the morning and my son is repeatedly turning on the tinney musak on his toy train. :mad:

beli said:
Bono described in an interview recently how the other children at school wanted to beat up Adam and Adam would say to his would-be attackers "Would 50p do? "

:D I suspect that Adam was putting them down in his own subtle way. I can picture him saying that with an "oh hell, not these bloody idiots again!" expression on his face.

thrillme said:
Hehe, and Edge says he'd do the best on one of those "Survivor" "stranded on an island" kind of reality show.

Yeah, he'd build a mansion with hot tub and fully stocked bar out of coconuts! :laugh: He's U2's version of The Professor!

Sue DeNym said:
Yeah, he'd build a mansion with hot tub and fully stocked bar out of coconuts! :laugh: He's U2's version of The Professor!

lol. I have a different vision of Adam. One in which he's just sleeping under the stars enjoying nature.

It's funny how different fans project different traits onto popstars. We're probably both completely wrong. :D

beli said:

lol. I have a different vision of Adam. One in which he's just sleeping under the stars enjoying nature.

It's funny how different fans project different traits onto popstars. We're probably both completely wrong. :D

I think he'd be meditating in Tibet or something...

thrillme said:
Hehe, and Edge says he'd do the best on one of those "Survivor" "stranded on an island" kind of reality show.

Sue DeNym said:

beli said:

I thought the first quote was talking about the Edge there, actually. :eek: Still, your picture of Adam, resting and relaxing under the stars, is quite lovely. Wonder if he'd mind if I joined him? :hmm:

I kinda agree (gasp!)

Bono is my fave U2 dude, always will be .... love him for so many reasons. Like he's HOT. And Passionate, and HOT. And sincere.

But, Adam is far more articulate. And I love Adam's voice. I think he's smarter than Bono too. He's the thinking man and Bono is all muscle and brashness if you know what I mean, I think that's why sometimes he might come off as arrogant - he's the most insecure of the bunch while Adam oozes confidence and self-assurance.

Re: I kinda agree (gasp!)

caligemini said:
Bono is my fave U2 dude, always will be .... love him for so many reasons. Like he's HOT. And Passionate, and HOT. And sincere.

But, Adam is far more articulate. And I love Adam's voice. I think he's smarter than Bono too. He's the thinking man and Bono is all muscle and brashness if you know what I mean, I think that's why sometimes he might come off as arrogant - he's the most insecure of the bunch while Adam oozes confidence and self-assurance.

Excellent post.

I agree with you on most points. Adam may well ooze confidence but I don't believe he actually is confident. I think hes more of a Little Boy Lost type myself but Adam is better at pulling the bluff than Bono.

Last edited:
I posted this on zootopia, hehe, if U2 were stuck on island, ie. Gilligan's Island/Survivor/etc.---

Adam would the food person (took lessons with professional chef, and those types can make decent meals even with very little actual food items), water finder, explorer.

Edge would have a working radio made out of a coconut like the Professor.

Larry was allegedly a boy scout, and he's the drummer, he'd be the fire-starter, by hitting rocks together. *had a friend who was a boy scout, so I know a few things here and there*

Bono, hmm, seeing as how can sleep anywhere, he'd find the most suitable place to stay during the night.

Back
Top Bottom