Adam on Bono's Outside band work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thrillme

Refugee
We wouldn't get any more of him if he wasn't doing this stuff," Clayton says, noting that it's great fun to watch Bono turn his acuity and Irish charm on politicians and CEOs. "These guys don't expect him to have a grasp of the subject matter. He's able to go in with the facts and figures, talk circles around them, and suddenly, where they thought they were just going to get their picture taken with him, he's gotten something out of them before the picture.

"You can't deny the penetration he has achieved," Clayton says. "And it makes the rest of us realize that what we do is important to the group. We need to keep it going forward, to allow him to come in and out. Bono has a legitimate reason not to be around all the time. And we have a legitimate reason to make sure that the time we are all together is used wisely."- rs magazine 2002.

I have also read a quote from Larry whwere he makes some sort of four legged table analogy where of one of the legs is missing it makes the table unstable. Then Bono says stuff like the less i'm there the better the band seems to get.

they :hug: one another i just wish we knew what the feck was going on with the album...

thrillme said:
We wouldn't get any more of him if he wasn't doing this stuff," Clayton says, noting that it's great fun to watch Bono turn his acuity and Irish charm on politicians and CEOs. "These guys don't expect him to have a grasp of the subject matter. He's able to go in with the facts and figures, talk circles around them, and suddenly, where they thought they were just going to get their picture taken with him, he's gotten something out of them before the picture.

Adam likes to play the fool, but he often says the wisest things. He's an amazingly sharp and observant man. :hug: :adam:

And Bono does have the "acuity and Irish charm" in great quantity! Wonder if he ever kissed the Blarney Stone? :D

Seabird said:
That's what I've always thought when people complain, he would be doing something else anyway, so why not something worthwhile? They wouldn't get an album out any faster anyway. He'll be there when they need him.:yes:

Exactly! People are constantly complaining that Bono is taking away from the new album, but so far we've never heard any serious complaints from the band....

:bow::adam:

TiaraGurl said:
I have also read a quote from Larry whwere he makes some sort of four legged table analogy where of one of the legs is missing it makes the table unstable. Then Bono says stuff like the less i'm there the better the band seems to get.

Aw, I like the table analogy from Larry. That's rather sweet.

Originally posted by TiaraGurl
they :hug: one another i just wish we knew what the feck was going on with the album...

Eh. All will be revealed eventually in regards to that. :). They'll come back with a new album that'll wow us.

And yes, there's a definite love and admiration between all four of them. I just think that's incredible that they've stayed friends for so long and care about each other that much.

Originally posted by Sue DeNym
Adam likes to play the fool, but he often says the wisest things. He's an amazingly sharp and observant man. :hug: :adam:

He certainly is. There's a quote I've saved from him where he talked about women and how strong they are...I wanted to give him a hug after reading it. And I like this quote from him, too.

Bottom line, :adam:=:cool:.

Seabird's right, the others know Bono won't abandon them. They've known him longer than most people, they trust that he'll be there for them when they need him. That's part of what has kept their friendship strong for so long.

And Bono does have the "acuity and Irish charm" in great quantity! Wonder if he ever kissed the Blarney Stone? :D

Haha, probably has.

Bono's got charm up the wazoo. In fact, that's the very first trait of his that made me notice him and got me liking him. :).

Angela

I have to admit that watching all B's time spent outside the studio has been frustrating this last little while, but reading that comment certainly puts the word patience back into my vocab.

And isn't it great to see friendship on display so easily?? How uncool, how unrockstar like, how U2. Just another example of why they are the best :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :hug:

frenchie1970 said:
I have to admit that watching all B's time spent outside the studio has been frustrating this last little while, but reading that comment certainly puts the word patience back into my vocab.

Mmhm. Waiting is difficult, but as they say, good things come to those who wait.

Originally posted by frenchie1970
And isn't it great to see friendship on display so easily?? How uncool, how unrockstar like, how U2. Just another example of why they are the best :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :hug:

:yes:. That's exactly why I like them-they don't act at all like your average rock stars.

Angela

Re: Re: Adam on Bono's Outside band work

Sue DeNym said:

Good observation and I think someone mentioned this but the quote he said about woman making themselves uncomfortable to look good so a date means 4-5 hours of uncomfortable is the most astute insight from a man I have ever heard.

These guys have known each other forever its just incredible.

Re: Re: Re: Adam on Bono's Outside band work

TiaraGurl said:
Good observation and I think someone mentioned this but the quote he said about woman making themselves uncomfortable to look good so a date means 4-5 hours of uncomfortable is the most astute insight from a man I have ever heard.

No kidding! All four of them have a good understanding and appreciation for women...we need a lot more guys like that in this world.

Originally posted by TiaraGurl

Yep.

I like how they've stayed with everyone else from their early days as well. Their wives/girlfriends, their manager, their friends outside the band...must be something about the bonds of people in Ireland.

Angela

Re: Re: Re: Re: Adam on Bono's Outside band work

TiaraGurl said:

Moonlit_Angel said:
No kidding! All four of them have a good understanding and appreciation for women...we need a lot more guys like that in this world.

:yes: I believe every man should dress as a woman for a week. The whole nine yards; hair styling, makeup, dresses, heels, the works. They'll see why it takes us so long getting ready for an event, why we're always so unwilling to do anything "fun" (shyeah, you try participating in an impromptu game of football while you're in a miniskirt and spike heels!), etc.

A couple of years ago, at a science museum in Queens, NY, there was an exhibit on Women's Health and History. Part of the exhibit showed some of history's crueler fashions, like foot binding, corsets and high heels. So many men were astonished, they'd never thought about it before and didn't realize what we went through to appeal to them. I heard many amazed guys, here and there, saying, "Wow, I didn't know that!" I think that exhibit should tour the country.

TiaraGurl said:

Moonlit_Angel said:
I like how they've stayed with everyone else from their early days as well. Their wives/girlfriends, their manager, their friends outside the band...must be something about the bonds of people in Ireland.

They're closer than brothers. And they clicked like that almost from the very beginning. Undoubtedly, shared history and close bonds of friendship have carried the four of them through the best and worst times and have only solidified the bond. It is amazing. How many people have friends like these for twenty-five years? :)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Exactly! People are constantly complaining that Bono is taking away from the new album, but so far we've never heard any serious complaints from the band....

:bow::adam:

No. I don't think these activities particularly alter the band's schedule.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Adam on Bono's Outside band work

Sue DeNym said:
:yes: I believe every man should dress as a woman for a week. The whole nine yards; hair styling, makeup, dresses, heels, the works. They'll see why it takes us so long getting ready for an event, why we're always so unwilling to do anything "fun" (shyeah, you try participating in an impromptu game of football while you're in a miniskirt and spike heels!), etc.

A couple of years ago, at a science museum in Queens, NY, there was an exhibit on Women's Health and History. Part of the exhibit showed some of history's crueler fashions, like foot binding, corsets and high heels. So many men were astonished, they'd never thought about it before and didn't realize what we went through to appeal to them. I heard many amazed guys, here and there, saying, "Wow, I didn't know that!" I think that exhibit should tour the country.

A good idea (foot binding and corsets...uh-uh, :no:...).

Personally, I rarely ever take a long time to get ready-rarely wear makeup and dresses or mess with my hair and stuff (and I don't play football merely because the sport doesn't interest me), but I know a lot of women do, and therefore, like you said, it'd help for guys to see what women who do all that stuff go through.

The area that I'd love to see a lot more guys deal with is the pregnancy thing. And if there was a way for guys to have to deal with a "time of the month" thing like us girls do, that'd be good, too.

They're closer than brothers. And they clicked like that almost from the very beginning. Undoubtedly, shared history and close bonds of friendship have carried the four of them through the best and worst times and have only solidified the bond. It is amazing. How many people have friends like these for twenty-five years? :)

:yes:. Exactly. Like during the Achtung Baby sessions-with a lot of other bands, that kind of arguing and stress would've probably ended them. But U2...the four of them were so close of friends that they were willing to sit down and talk about what they wanted out of each other, to work out whatever disagreements they'd been having. Same thing in the early days with the religious differences. They don't want their friendships to end over stupid things. We'll never have to hear them on some "Behind The Music" show or "E! True Hollywood Story" show or whatever talking about how some insignificant fight ruined their friendships or something like that.

And another neat thing is that their method of talking things out probably also helps them with their girlfriends or wives, too. :).

Plus, just think of all the inside jokes and stories they have with each other, from their school days up to now.

Angela

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Adam on Bono's Outside band work

Moonlit_Angel said:
The area that I'd love to see a lot more guys deal with is the pregnancy thing. And if there was a way for guys to have to deal with a "time of the month" thing like us girls do, that'd be good, too.

Believe it or not, there is a "pregnancy belly" that a man can put on, that's built like a pregnant woman and weighted in the right spots. He wears it all day, and can see what it's like to have to carry all that extra weight and the discomfort and imbalance that comes with it. If only we could figure out a way to get it to kick the man in the ribs from the inside, same spot over and over and over... :evil:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Adam on Bono's Outside band work

Sue DeNym said:
Believe it or not, there is a "pregnancy belly" that a man can put on, that's built like a pregnant woman and weighted in the right spots. He wears it all day, and can see what it's like to have to carry all that extra weight and the discomfort and imbalance that comes with it.

Yeah, I've heard of that...I wish more guys would give it a try. :).

If only we could figure out a way to get it to kick the man in the ribs from the inside, same spot over and over and over... :evil:

Mwahahaha...:yes: :shifty:...

Angela

Adam is a truly lovely man- soft spoken and well mannered, intelligent, easy going & charming, and obviously a loyal friend. Oh- and incredibly talented and sexy!

Back
Top Bottom