Adam Clayton...on different things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thrillme

Refugee
In a live situation, there's really no such thing as perfection...
You can't deal in perfection. You can only deal in emotion

"We've got great fans. They follow us through all sorts of changes, and in many ways they encourage us to continue pursuing music that excites us."-

"I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realise your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock & roll. Rock & Roll is usually...(very macho) yeah" -Adam
-----------

"... and then i saw adam, and he just looked so cool. and i said, 'i
want to be in a rock n' roll band with him.'"
-Larry

"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

"Adam literally got me by the scruff of the neck and roped me into U2. I didn't really want to be in a band. I was only into it for the sake of the sound of electric guitar, drums, bass and singing. So when he started talking about actually playing gigs I thought,'What, y' mean playing gigs in front of other people?' The thought had never dawned on me. But Adam believed in the band before anyone did - he'd made up his mind at 15 or 16 that rock 'n' roll was what he was going to do. -Bono
-u2 take me higher, dot, com.

TWO [Adam crosses it out and writes "One"] "TRUTHS" THAT AREN'T TRUE: You can't change the world...(propaganda)

"If you believe in a cause, you must be willing to put yourself on the line for that cause."

"Be careful what you set your sights upon because it just might happen."

If a Martian landed and was introduced to you and asked you what do you do, what would you say? Adam: I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."

Q: Adam Clayton, what is more important, the sun or the moon?" Adam: "The sun, because it brings life and a new day."

:adam: :applaud:

TiaraGurl said:
Adam had no lady friend at the oscars and the question is WHY!?!?!?!?

My phone did not ring once...

Just like the chips, Adam can't have just one.

I'm telling ya, the man is a pimp. He's Ireland's most eligible bachelor and he knows that. Thousands of women want to be with him...many of them half his age. He's got it going on. I mean, Bono tries so hard with the shades and the leather, but he will never be the coolest man in U2. Adam, standing perfectly still onstage while playing his bass AND smoking a cigarette...it just goes to show he's the coolest man in rock'n'roll. I've tried smoking and playing guitar.....it's kinda hard.

Or when he plays the bass with one hand, no fretting, doesn't even hold it, just lets it hang from the guitar strap and pluck the strings. (like R&H) very cool!

TiaraGurl said:
Adam had no lady friend at the oscars and the question is WHY!?!?!?!?

My phone did not ring once...

Ur so right on that.........:wink: :drool: I like the way he just stands there and does his thing and take in the fan atmostphere and he doesnt have to worry if he's looking good or not cause he knows he's that good and that sexy.........:heart: :heart: :heart:

:cool:
1, Adam didn't call you, because he called ME, and when I told him I couldn't make it he replied "Well, if I can't take you, I'll just go alone." Such a sweet man.

2: He may act like "playboy" , but it's just an act, once he is in a relationship, he
stays true to her. (except that one time while engaged to N. Cambell, but I
believe he was looking for away to break it off with her).

3: He makes the best of friends, i.e. the time during Edges seperation to Aislin, he
went to Adam's house, and stayed there 'till he could sort things out. This
despite the fact that he and Adam never quite saw eye to eye on a lot of things
(religion, being the first).

4: He is as cool as Miles Davis (the man who Adam thinks is the coolest).

I thought this was going to be a thread of pictures of Adam sitting/standing on different objects.

:disappointed:

I thought this was going to be a thread of pictures of Adam sitting/standing on different objects.
-----------------------------

I'm techicologically challenged in some areas, not sure how to put up pictures, and I can't post links; but Dahill, she can vouch for me, I know where to find Adam pics. ;)

thrillme said:
"I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realise your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock & roll. Rock & Roll is usually...(very macho) yeah" -Adam

Q: Adam Clayton, what is more important, the sun or the moon?" Adam: "The sun, because it brings life and a new day."

I like these two quotes in particular. :up: :adam:.

Also, I've always thought his ability to play bass with one hand was cool, too. :yes:.

Angela

I like the one that goes something like: "I'd be a giraffe cause then I could meet other giraffes" :lmao: Oh Adam... :cute:

Adam is the sage of the band, I remember seeing the making of All I Want Is You (think that was it, or something else around that time) and they were asking each band member what the difference between sex and making love was...Adam was the only one of the four who had the answer (which I'd tell you if I was at home with the video). :wink:

"Making love involves two people, having sex only involves one."

Bono: It gets boring to say U2 are great, and in Ireland they have had this rammed down their throats for years and they're fed up. I also think it's a very healthy thing to be cynical about rock 'n roll groups. And I think it's particularly good to be cynical about rock 'n roll groups that aspire to the sort of things U2 do.

Edge: Go on! Be horrible to us, be horrible to us!

Bono: I do understand it, I would obviously prefer praise ...

Adam: Listen ... we're not a packet of cornflakes, you know what I mean?

Bono: That's very deep, Adam, could you explain that?

Adam: Well, do you buy cornflakes depending on where the money's going?

Edge (after thoughtful pause): Well I buy Rice Krispies anyway ...

:hmm:

Wait i want to know what the others said about sex or did they just blush and not answer.

Adam is way cool and since my real name is Eve maybe we are destined to be together :hmm:

I also think it is interesting because I am partial to Larry but my friend who is not that into U2 was lile oh everyone is into Bono and I was like :shame: there are women who would take anyone down for any of the members everyone has their favorites though.

Back
Top Bottom