ADAM:Bono's guardian angel(a must read!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2 addict

Acrobat
Just read this quote from bono about adam during a particular concert(from the book "Bono in his own words")--

"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the tour when we had a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed. Someone had sent the gun license into the U2 offices and they thought he had gotten into the venue. All of a sudden there were all these people on the stage which I really objected to. I never thought that sort of thing would bother me and, when I went out, it didn't. I just laughed it off, like The Blues Brothers - 'We're on a mission from God and we ain't finished yet.' The second night came up and the cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said they'd made a mistake, He was coming tonight! "Now we get all kinds of racist jibes because we wrote a song for Martin Luther King, or pinko jibes because we did the Amnesty International Tour. Wherever you look we're a target for the loony fringe. So the second night, we're on stage and I'm singing 'Pride' thinking, 'If someone is going to do it, it will be during this number.' So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of death crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment."

I knew that the four of them are closer than brothers, but reading this really choked me up....
:bow:
:adam: -->:bow: :applaud: :applaud: :heart: :bow: :applaud:

*Chills* It always gets me. I know I've seen it posted here before, I think it was by Olive? :huh:

I wonder did Adam do that on purpose or did it just work out that way? But it doesn't matter it's cool anyway:)

:wink: Adam is so cool! Oh, i believe he did it on purpose. Adam is often coming near Bono on stage, and visa-versa1 he just does it so cool, sometimes..!:wink: '..What a man, what a man, what mighty good man..!":wink:

I love this story. These four men are indeed, closer than brothers. Although he doesn't get the attention his bandmates get, Adam is a real gentlemen and a true class act. :up:

What's really sad is that there are people who want to harm or kill these men. They're rock musicians, for heaven's sake, not evil dictators or mass murderers. If you don't care for their music, don't listen to it. If what they say makes your blood boil, maybe it's time to reexamine your own beliefs and attitude. :eyebrow:

Sue DeNym said:
I love this story. These four men are indeed, closer than brothers. Although he doesn't get the attention his bandmates get, Adam is a real gentlemen and a true class act. :up:

What's really sad is that there are people who want to harm or kill these men. They're rock musicians, for heaven's sake, not evil dictators or mass murderers. If you don't care for their music, don't listen to it. If what they say makes your blood boil, maybe it's time to reexamine your own beliefs and attitude. :eyebrow:

:up: :applaud: :yes:.

Angela

:sad:
I cried for days after the first time I read this! It shows more than anything where U2's heart truly is...with each other. I believe with all my heart that Adam knew exactly what he was doing-he's just the kind of person that would do it so subtly that unless you knew what was actually happening, you wouldn't give it a second thought. He obviously did what he did out of love for Bono alone & not for the "look-at-me-I'm-a-hero" aspect. Wouldn't suprise me at all if Adam actually tried to get Bono to leave that part out of his book! I think that's one of the main reasons I love U2 so much-because they obviously all love each other so much! :angel: :hug:

About the subtly, I read somewhere, about how at one concert, Adam noticed a rig holding some lights, was slipping, and he just went over to Bono, whispered to Bono, the crowd was told to step back, so the lights could be secured, and then played on.

Back
Top Bottom