Adam and Lucy - Chapter 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
I told you things would get better. :wink:

A big THANK YOU!!! to Alisaura, Serena Vox, and gluey for helping me with this chapter! :hug: :kiss: :love: :drool:

Disclaimer: Not true, never happened, Dave = Edge, don't hurt me...:reject:

-----

I can hear Stacie cry, so I should probably get up, though I'm so tired, part of me really doesn't want to. I pull an eye open and look at the far wall. I expect to see the familiar wainscoting of the French house, but it's a smooth wall, painted a soft, muted green.

I'm in London. Wait, why am I in London?

I push myself up off the mattress from sleeping on my stomach. Yeah, London bed. I look toward the door, but my view is obscured by curves and long blonde hair. I know those curves. I push myself up further.

"Lucy!"

She's alive! Or am I repeating history? I shake her. "Lucy?" She doesn't move. Not again. "Lucy!" I shake her harder. She takes a deep breath in and opens her eyes a slit.

"What?"

"Lucy!" I pull her shoulders into a tight hug.

"Erm, hi. What's all this?" She asks, straining in my grip. I start kissing her all over her face and neck. "Okay, good morning to you, too." I kiss her hard on the lips and she finally notices Stacie crying. She pushes me away. "Slow down, Don Juan. Your daughter is awake."

I let her up and lay back on the bed. "Thank God," I whisper. Lucy brings in Stacie, who's a lot bigger than three months old and I sit up. "You've gotten big, little girl."

"Daddy lost his mind last night, I think," Lucy half-whispers to Stacie. Stacie giggles at the breath on her neck.

"Daddy had a very bad dream last night. Give her over," I motion for Lucy to put Stacie in my lap. Lucy sets her on the bed and Stacie crawls to me and puts herself in my lap. "Hi, sweetie."

"Hi," Stacie replies. I grin and she smiles.

"Are you hungry? Hmm? Should we go cook breakfast for Mummy?" I take her with me as I climb out of bed. I kiss Lucy again as I leave the room. Stacie and I go downstairs and I put her in her high chair with a sippy cup of apple juice and a bowl of Cheerios. I glance at the calendar. January and Sundance is in a couple of weeks, according to Bono's scrawl across the bottom of the month. I make breakfast and Lucy comes downstairs, dressed, with her hair up. I let it down as I put her plate in front of her.

"Adam!" She takes her hair tie back from me and starts gathering it. "I have to wear it up because she likes to pull right now."

"Alright, alright, sorry," I tuck into my own plate. "Am I due in the studio today?"

"Yeah. Bono wants to go over the set list once more before we leave for Sundance. He's planning a surprise concert that pretty much everyone knows about anyway," Lucy smiles as she peels an orange for Stacie.

Stacie picks up one of the sections and says, "Mummy" then eats it.

"Say the word you said yesterday because Daddy's forgotten you repeat nearly everything you hear. It's one of Larry's favourites," Lucy sips her coffee and smiles to herself.

I actually venture a guess. "'Shit'?"

"Shit," Stacie repeats, grinning an eight-toothed grin below her blonde curls.

"Adam! You are infuriating. I just told you she repeats everything," Lucy stands up and puts her dish in the sink, rinses it and takes her coffee into the sitting room.

"Daddy's in a lot of trouble with your mummy," I say to Stacie.

"Shit," she repeats again.

"Yep. Deep shit."

I leave for the studio and when the others arrive, I'm grinning like a cheshire cat. Okay, so I'd hidden all of Larry's drumsticks and Dave's amp cable. I got bored, what can I say? They know better than to let me be the first here. I sent Larry off on a wild goose chase while willingly giving Dave his cable back, after I'd been in a headlock for five minutes.

"Why do you do this stuff?" Dave asks, plugging the cable into his Gibson.

"It's fun," I grin.

"He's smiling," Bono pretends to hide behind Dave. "Why is he smiling, Edge?"

"What? Can't I just be in a good mood?" I ask, still smiling. Lucy was alive and it had all been a nightmare. "No, I haven't been smoking anything," I say before Dave can ask.

"Clayton!" Larry roars from outside. Bono does hide behind Dave at that point and, honestly, I want to hide too. Larry's going to kick my arse into Scotland. I pick up and run outside before Larry enters the studio. "Where'd he go?" Larry growls at Dave and Bono.

"I have no id—."

"Outside!" Bono yells, then hides again.

"Bono!" Dave starts laughing. "Fine, you get to scrape Adam off the asphalt."

Larry follows me outside and I'm standing between two Land Rovers. Larry looks like he could eat one of them just to get to me.

"The ladies' third-floor toilet," he lunges at me. I just stand there, smirking, trying not to laugh as I'm so amused with myself.

"What? Don't you like the colour scheme in there?" I ask, then burst into laughter.

"'Colour scheme'?!" Larry runs at me and I get out of his way. "You're dead, Clayton." He jumps over the hood of Bono's Maserati.

"You have to catch me first," I say, smirking at the other end of the car park. Larry runs at me and I let him catch me, knowing he's not going to pummel me into the dirt. He tackles me onto a patch of grass and puts his knee on my chest.

"Don't fuck with me drumsticks," He growls then helps me up.

"You keep saying that like I care," I reply, in the mood to stir him up. Because if Larry's in a good mood, he won't squabble with Bono over every little thing. He takes me back down on the grass. He's trying not to laugh this time. "People see us wrestling and they're going to get ideas."

He puts his palm on my forehead and presses my head into the wet grass. "You're twisted." He stands and helps me up again.

We have a good session, Bono giggling and ruining takes every so often, but Larry was just as amused as he was. When I get home, Stacie's asleep with her afternoon nap and Lucy is reading a book on the sofa. I stroke her hair, like liquid gold between my fingers, and she looks up. "Hi, honey."

"How did it go?" she asks, taking off her reading glasses, which age her well beyond her years, and setting down the book.

"Stirred Larry up and made it good," I take off my coat and she has a bewildered look on her face when I turn back around from hanging it up in the cupboard under the stairs.

"Why is the back of your head green?" She smiles, but her brow is still creased.

"That's me natural hair colour, didn't I tell you?" I flash her a smile.

"Impossible, Clayton," she shakes her head then goes back to her book.

"I think I might try to talk the guys into going to France after Sundance," I say from the kitchen, looking for a drink.

"Really? They usually only want to go during the summer," Lucy sets her book down, but leaves her glasses on the end of her nose.

I walk back in the sitting room and take them off and set them on the table. "Don't wear those things. They make you look old." And I kiss her, strong, deep, praying Stacie doesn't wake up and interrupt this moment. She doesn't. In fact, she doesn't wake up for another hour, and Lucy is in a much better mood when she does, if you catch my drift. She left her hair down.

I feed Stacie her dinner later and she bounces in her high chair, a big buildup to something extraordinary. She swallows, looks at me and says, for the first time, "Daddy."

Thanks! :hug:

Thanks to all of you guys, giving me the confidence to continue this! :kiss: Couldn't have done it without my grrls.

pfew!! I am happy she is still alive. I could not understand how Lucy in Adam and Lucy could be already dead in chapter 2!! poor Adam!

I like how it's developing, funny in the studio as well.

Sweet :)

I didn't know I was helping! :ohmy: :wink:

Yay for Lucy being alive! :yippie: Poor Adam's heart must have been in his mouth when he went to wake her up again... :heart:

Good stuff :applaud:

Quick question for the next...rest of the story. Does anyone know Irish Gaelic at least conversationally well? :shifty:

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude. What do you need? email me at redux7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

Oh hell. I've gone and made the next chapter inapprpriate for PLEBA.

Back
Top Bottom