"Across the Universe" DVD Release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure if I want to watch this part without having seen the movie... I think I should rather wait, just get the dvd I guess :shrug: not sure if it'll ever arrive in the theatres here..

Oh, it's up to you, this shows a little scene introducing Dr. Roberts, and then the song, there's a scene left where Bono does his Irish style reciting, very funny, but not in youtube. It doesn't spoil the general plot.

bonocomet said:
Just watched another special feature.... behind the scenes Bono & Doctor Robert :drool:

:ohmy: I wasn't expecting that bit of goodness, but I sure enjoyed it!

bonocomet said:
:bump:

So did anyone else get the DVD today? :hmm:

I haven't checked out everything yet, but on the 2nd disc of the special edition there is an extended version of I Am The Walrus. It's basically what was in the movie but includes all the parts of the song that were cut from the movie, so it's a little longer, there are more scenes of Bono singing that weren't in the movie.

eeeeeekkkkk!! I'm getting mine:yippie:

but i have to wait till the weekend :|

STILLLL!!!!:yippie:

bonocomet said:
Just watched another special feature.... behind the scenes Bono & Doctor Robert :drool:

oh wow! worth getting it then no doubt. i have been dubious about it as i have no desire to sit through 3 hours of a musical, but if there are extras..

Well it's 2 hours :wink: and it's a good movie!

And Bono's not in tons of the special features, but still what he is in is good. I like it just for the extended version of I Am The Walrus alone so the other stuff is bonus.

mysterious_jen said:

oh wow! worth getting it then no doubt. i have been dubious about it as i have no desire to sit through 3 hours of a musical, but if there are extras..

If it sways you any, I HATE musicals, but I loved this movie. Usually musicals weird me out...this was weird in a good way. :)

BonoFox1 said:
^I thought of ordering it on Amazon but I get too anxious waiting so I'll just get it at Best Buy or Walmart (might have it cheaper :shifty: )
WalMart actually has an exclusive edition which comes with a lyric book with photos. It's really nice:

atudvd.jpg

I picked it up for like $20 at WalMart. The regular 2-disc version without the book was $19.

(My excuse for shopping at WalMart is that I live in Kentucky and don't have much other choice :|)

I made about 100 screencaps of I Am The Walrus. I'll crop some and post them tomorrow :)

must go sleep now :yawn:

bonocomet said:
I made about 100 screencaps of I Am The Walrus. I'll crop some and post them tomorrow :)

must go sleep now :yawn:

:waiting:

I'll give you five minutes, then it's time for your wake-up call. :evil:

JCOSTER said:
The deluxe version and the regular version are almost the same with the exception of the cd case, so said the lady at best buy. :eyebrow:
Did she not realize that the deluxe version has a whole second disc full of bonus materials such as extended scenes and bonus featurettes? I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Did she not realize that the deluxe version has a whole second disc full of bonus materials such as extended scenes and bonus featurettes? I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

I don't know...the regular one says it has that too. :shrug:

me confused. :huh:

It might be because the single disc does have a few special features on it, like the photo gallery (where I got the pic of Bono and Julie Taymor above), but it doesn't have all the stuff that's on the 2nd bonus disc.

Ok I don't have photoshop so I'm losing too much of the quality in my screencaps when I crop them. I'll have my daughter crop them for me later and I'll post them then. Here's 2 more for now :)

iatw7.jpg

iatw8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom