Ack! Infiltrated by the enemy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It's hard living in a U2 world and have it infiltrated by enemies! Sparkys Girl can I hire you as my bodyguard too??

This guy who works up the hall just came in and told me that acthung baby is where they went down hill, actually it started with "WOWY" too "sappy" and Streets he shook his head and gave a thumbs down!

AKSFKJCKJ i think i'm going to have a hernia! said Achtung (which he pronounced wrong w/ a sneer on his face) is too "electronic" i said its the same band! he said "they were a good irish band, then they got all electronic" and i said "same band, different package."

STREETS THUMBS DOWN?
ACKDKD

Must ... put.. on.. streets..from ...elevation.....

ackk

X X get out infidels!

*beat with bats*

he says he likes War. i'll show him war GRR. *beat with bat*

omg Larry! Larry! i need a hug!

they'll want their money back if you're alive at 33

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt.
"We're going to watch other people exercise."

*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

I know lots of people who were big U2 fans in the 80's who don't like the 90's stuff, or just don't like Zooropa and Pop. Most of them have come back with ATYCLB, some still won't, but most have. U2's recent TV performances have done a lot to win over fans, both old ones who had given up on the band and new ones who are just starting to appreciate them! Every time they are on TV, the record sales soar and the albums jump up in chart position. Maybe we should not try too hard to sell people on U2, the tickets will be scarce enough
wink.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Olive you should tell him that U2 were never just a "good Irish Band"....they are, and will always be a band for the world of the world...the music has no limits.....
The Pouges....that was a" good Irish" band.

As far as the "electronic" statement that just shows he can't know what he's talking about......can you imagine an album with much more feeling than Achtung Baby ...he really does not understand it .....

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 09-19-2001).]

*exactly* browneyedgirl! AB is my favorite album I just can't imagine music without that stunning album!

But I also forgot to say that he likes R&H, but Joshua Tree, he's like "ehh" shaking his hand. oh yeah thats when he said WOWY was too "sappy" *choke*

U2Kitten- you're right too, unfortunately. Some people weren't able to make that transition with the band. Like Bono said about AB "It's a con! It's a con. It's just a way of putting people off from the fact that it's a heavy mother. It's probably our most serious record - and yet it's got the least serious title. And it just fooled everyone.
They all thought we were, you know, we'd lightened up. Which is totally untrue. We're miserable bastards."
but you're right. sigh. more tickets for us.
wink.gif

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt.
"We're going to watch other people exercise."

*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

I sort of pitty the guy. See, he?s stuck in a time he can?t get out off. Hehehe. There are people who just don?t get it. Too bad for him that the Daltons never gave out an album
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
It's hard living in a U2 world and have it infiltrated by enemies! Sparkys Girl can I hire you as my bodyguard too??

This guy who works up the hall just came in and told me that acthung baby is where they went down hill, actually it started with "WOWY" too "sappy" and Streets he shook his head and gave a thumbs down!

What a wanker!!! I have heard the same stuff over the years, esp when ppl find out I am a U2 fan. They always go into the same litany, "Oh, JT was their last great record, all the stuff since then s*cks, blah, blah, blah..." Unfortunatley everyone is entitled to their opinion, but so are we!!
Pop and Zooropa are among my top 3 U2 records!!! Guess what #3 is AB!!! The guys in the band have always talked about how important change is and how they credit [/b]THEIR[/b] fans for giving them license to grow as musicians and keep the music interesting and fun (for them). U2 would have ceased to exist [/b]ALONG[/b] time ago if they had not experimented any tried new things! They would have gotten bored doing the same kind of record (sound & style).
They have been around for over 19+ yrs because we have kept them around, we have challenged them to keep making good music.

*Wow, I should be their PR girl!!*
smile.gif
cheering.gif

------------------
You wanker, you interrupted my BOOMCHA!!!! - Maria

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom