about of John (bodyguard)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunita

The Fly
Hi Plebans :wave:
how are you?

Well, i know that John is Bono's bodyguard, but when i saw this pic, i wanted to know if John also is bodyguard of Axel Rose

john.jpg

:giggle: :giggle:

is true?
this is my doubt :scratch:

yes, he's the bodyguard of more celebs than just Bono, since Bono never takes bodyguards with him besides on tour (with the exception of Brian, who's been spotted at several events with Bono)

Galeongirl said:
yes, he's the bodyguard of more celebs than just Bono, since Bono never takes bodyguards with him besides on tour (with the exception of Brian, who's been spotted at several events with Bono)

:wink: thanks for the info Galeongirl

Galeongirl said:

Are you sure? I coulda sworn I'd seen John at some events, not just on tour :shrug:

I have seen (met, and spoke to) John at non-U2 events. But it does seem that it's more often Brian than John.

In the off-season, Bono tends to use Brian for the European and other parts of the world events and John for U.S./N. American stuff, although occasionally it's different.

Galeongirl said:

a pic I took at Sundance...

DSC_0142.jpg

Last edited:
John is a really nice person, he told my sister and I that being Axel's bodyguard was not a fun experience - he was with Axel in Sweden when Axel bit a security guard - he said he'd much rather be with Bono

seajewel said:
John is a really nice person, he told my sister and I that being Axel's bodyguard was not a fun experience - he was with Axel in Sweden when Axel bit a security guard - he said he'd much rather be with Bono

Who wouldn't wanna be with Bono! At the book signing John was calling him "boss". :giggle:

John's the best, such a sweet guy..and U2 always seem to surround themselves with quality people...which I think is a testament to the band themselves.

John is like the rest of the U2 crew. Great at his job, professional and very respectful to the fans. You gotta love that.

I remember meeting Bono the day before the LA Vertigo dress rehearsal. We asked if there was any chance of getting in for the dress rehearsal the next day. Bono said "I think we can... just come see 'The Big Man' tomorrow". We looked and John and he smiled and winked.

Next day, they let us in to watch. Very cool of them.

Not all the U2 crew is that nice ... John is great as well as Scott and Brian, but Jerry Meltzer and Dave Guyer, they are not that nice!

Edge_Orchestra said:
John is like the rest of the U2 crew. Great at his job, professional and very respectful to the fans. You gotta love that.

I remember meeting Bono the day before the LA Vertigo dress rehearsal. We asked if there was any chance of getting in for the dress rehearsal the next day. Bono said "I think we can... just come see 'The Big Man' tomorrow". We looked and John and he smiled and winked.

Next day, they let us in to watch. Very cool of them.

Hi! :wave:

You were at the dress rehersal??? I went too and I couldnt believe they let us in!! I kept pinching myself not knowing if i was dreaming!! IT WAS COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

er did you ever get ahold of the erm dress rehersal footage?:shifty:

I think celebs have contracts with certain Bodyguards or companies and whenever they want security they have their people call to make the arrangements. I can imagine they like some personnel more than others and might request certain people in Bono's case usually having Brian or John as his bodyguard.

My uncle pilots the Universal/Dreamworks jets for Spielberg, Geffen and Katzenberg and it is up to my uncle to make the arrangements for onboard entertainment, food, personnel etc. I won't say which one but one of the 3 principals is EXTREMELY picky about some of the most ridiculous things. I guess that's part of being rich and famous. Some celebrities are like that. Some not. In my uncle's case 2 of his "bosses" usually prefer the same crew personnel and if for whatever reason my uncle is unable to obtain those people or even one of them, he usually gbets chewed out. I don't know why the studio doesn't just hire an entire crew they like....they have their own jets and pilots and use the same catering company.....why not employ crew too instead of relying on an agency :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom