A Warrior's Homecoming: Chapter 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALass4Larry

Acrobat
Trying to break free from Larry's subconcious
This is total fiction...I don't know any band members, etc.....

Chapter 9

Lawrence took a deep breath and tried to speak, but no words came. "Come along, lad. "A walk back to chapel and a cuppa ale will make ye feel better," said Friar Evans. Lawrence was silent all the way to chapel. His mood further soured when it started to rain. Friar Evans left Lawrence to his thoughts until they arrived. "Come in", said the priest.

Lawrence looked around the small room. A table and two chairs occupied one side of the room. A narrow cot and a chest of drawers lined the other wall. A small window above the chest looked out into the world. The door on the other side led to the small church used by the people of Artaine.

Lawrence was intrigued at the sparseness of it all. "It seems both clergy and swordsmen lead a sparse life", he said. Friar Evans agreed. "Aye, that we do lad, that we do." "Both fight men for their lives", Lawrence went on. "There's no room for extras." "You fight men for their lives, I fight men for their souls", corrected the priest.

Friar Evans handed Lawrence a cup of ale. "Tell me, young Lawrence, how much longer are ye going to wage a battle against yerself?"

Back
Top Bottom