A Warrior's Homecoming: Chapter 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALass4Larry

Acrobat
Trying to break free from Larry's subconcious
Chapter 11

Work of fiction, never met the band, in this century or any other, comments always welcome, ENJOY!

"Ye canna blame the lass for that!" Friar Evans raised his voice and stood to face Lawrence. "Me thinks yer angry because ye wanted to be the only man Brigid would know, all her children yours. Now ye shun her like the rest of the village!"

"The rest of the village?" Lawrence looked genuinely perplexed. "Oh, aye. Once it became clear what had happened to her most of the village pretended she didna exist, and with her father killed that night and her ma and the rest of the children missing, Brigid takes in laundry to provide for herself and Maeve." Lawrence sat down heavily in the chair. "Maeve?" He looked up at the priest, a bemused smile on his face. "She's named her child after me mum?"

Friar Evans smiled. "That she did. So whatever ye feel towards the English, don't let Brigid be the one to suffer for it. "I walked away from her earlier, when I realized how the child came to be", confessed Lawrence. Do ye think she'll forgive me, Father?" The good friar smiled. "I think if ye approach her in a humble manner it might do ye some good, lad."

Lawrence scowled. He couldn't remember the last time he'd acted in a humble manner...............

This is so fine. You certainly capture the scenes well. The only thing I'd add (and please don't take this the wrong way) is that if you break up the paragraphs where each person speaks then the reader will know instantly who is doing the speaking. (at least I will :reject: ) Otherwise, it's grand.

I like the way you're doing this one. I can see it so clearly and I'm already feeling sorry for Brigid.

Back
Top Bottom