A Warrior's Homecoming: Chapter 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALass4Larry

Acrobat
Trying to break free from Larry's subconcious
This is a work of fiction, I haven't met the band...yet...

Chapter 10

Lawrence scowled at the priests words. "Fight myself? I know not what ye mean." Friar Evans sat down and took a hefty swallow of the ale. He looked Lawrence full in the face. Lawrence shifted in his seat, feeling as if the priest looked through his eyes and into his very soul. "Ah lad, yer fightin' yerself over yer parents untimely end, God rest their sainted souls. And if I'm not mistaken, feelin' guilt about Brigid as well, eh?"

Lawrence jumped up and threw the cup of ale at the wall. The pottery shattered and the remaining ale dripped down the wall to puddle on the floor. There was a look of fury on his face and its sound in his voice. "I left everything I knew," he yelled. "Everything, and for what? It hasn't changed anything! In fact, it's worse! I have no family left, I am alone." Lawrence was out of breath, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides, an icy look glaring from his eyes.

Friar Evans looked up into Lawrence's face. "You have Brigid, still," he said calmly. Lawrence sneered. "She's been ill used by another man and bore a bastard child. What good is that to me?"

Back
Top Bottom