A Sort Of Homecoming For BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
"I know I'm going hoooooome....."

Dad and I are going to our hometown of Menominee, Michigan (Marinette, Wisconsin's twin city), this weekend!!!!!! We leave Thursday!!! I am so excited to see my sis and her boyfriend and pets, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and hopefully some of my high school pals will be around!!!!

Here's Menominee's marina...see that spot with the circle that the arrow is pointing to? My best friend Kim and I always hung out there. There's a sign on the end that has our name carved into it.

334%3C432723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3B954%3B5%3A7ot1lsi

In that picture is also an antique mall which used to be a movie theater I went to as a kid and teen which used to be a factory where my mom sewed bowling ball bags when she and Dad first got married. Also pictured is the library I first began going online in where I also met someone who referred me to the chat room that I ended up meeting drgn in (*love fuzzies*).

Here's Menominee's lighthouse!!

334%3C432723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3B954%3C356ot1lsi

I love my hometown so much!!!! :D

Have tons o' fun....

The last time I went to my home town was a couple of years ago....

It was weird, I went to my old High School and they completed remodeled it.....it scared me, but it still smelled like Formaldahide (sp?)

aaaaaaaaaahhhh memories

Thanks to those who wished me well! :)

We'll be hitting the road in a couple hours, so I probably won't be back to Interference until Sunday night (after I finish perusing the forums now :D).

Take care, everybody!!!

Okay...um...doesn't seem anybody was too interested in my trip, but I'm going to share details anyway! :D

There and back, Dad and I spent about 13 hours total in the car. I was in charge of music, so it was mostly U2, Rolling Stones, and Depeche Mode. We listened to the boots of both of the U2 concerts we've been to. I got to see my granny, my other granny, my grandpa, a few aunts, a couple uncles, and a couple cousins. I stayed at my granny's house one night and at my sister's house the other two nights. We went gambling (I lost $10...dammit!), and we went to Green Bay to go shopping and see how Lambeau Field was coming along (we are big Packer fans). I saw my high school gal pal workin' at the mall in GB, and I tried to find mikal, but he wasn't workin' (or he was hidin' in the back or somethin').

Okay, it doesn't sound very exciting.........but I had so much fun!!!! I'm glad to be back with everybody though!! :)

Back
Top Bottom