a really beautiful day in france

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amélie

The Fly
hi everybody,
since last night i' m back from a holiday in the south of france. I was there with my parents and one day we would drive through Nice and we were planning to drive to Monaco as well along the coast.
Well between those cities is Eze. so i saw once a picture of the house and we just came in eze and i saw it already. We passed by it but it seemed that there was no-one there. But i didn't mean to bother them or whatever, i was already really happy that i saw the house. As we were already a bit late we planned to get back the next day to lie in the sun before the house of bono. my father likes U2 but he's more down to earth with such things and my mom is also a big fan but not so crazy as i am.

so we were there around 12 and we could hear some music coming out of the house. real good stuff!! so we were sure that they were there and yes a lot of people were walking by. i saw the Edge for a moment and my mom saw Bono. (we didn't stare to the house all the time, that would have been silly)
it was already 15h and my mom and dad went to eat a bit. I stayed some minutes in the water and would join them. As i come out of the water i see 2 people coming nearer ( well at that platform, not at the beach if you know what i mean). But i didn't look back until they were like very close to me(some 10 metres) and i saw it was a woman and a man and guess what it was bono. I knew he was looking at me because i was strolling out of the water but i didn't dare to look back.

so i went to eat a bit and when we came back Bono was staring at the sea and looking in the direction of us. so again i looked for a moment but i didn't wave or say something. As the afternoon went by I saw adam for a moment with a cup of coffee.

Then we decided to get back to our camping place and we would come back in the evening to a nice restaurant. We made a reservation at 20h30. When we came back to Eze traffic was really stuck and we arrived at 20h45. The lady of the restaurant knew that we liked U2 and she said ?go go to the house there is a photo shoot? and she told us that bono and his family would also come to dinner?. i was like WHAT??? :huh:

So we ran to the house but as I am very shy I didn?t dare to get really next to them. Adam and larry were already inside again. But Edge saw my mom and me and he came over. He was so sweet and wet!!! They had a photo shoot in the sea . Edge seemed to be a bit cold and I didn?t want to get him sick or something. So he signed my only cd I had with me at that time and i shook his hand. Then bono came over, there was still another girl and she was asking for a thousand signatures. :rolleyes:

Finally he turned to us and signed my cd, and all of the sudden I couldn?t speak and understand English anymore. My mom told him we were from Belgium and he asked wherefrom? I didn?t understand and he said it again, my mom was looking at me c?mom say something but nothing was coming out of my mouth.
Then my mom said near to Bruges and he he said oh Bruges, such a nice place ( or something like that)
I finally found my English vocabulary back and asked if we would get a picture. He said sure?
He laid his arm around me and we were actually very close to each other, it was like we were one?. :love: :drool:
As he was also wet he said to me in this really sexy voice :drool: ?sorry that I?m wet? and instead of saying ?that?s okay? or ?don?t mind? I couldn?t bring something out. So first he was looking at my mom for the picture but then he turned to my face and kissed me head. :love: :heart: I was all shook up!!! So he got into the house and I was standing there didn?t realise what had happened?. So we went to the restaurant at 21h and we couldn?t believe that we would see him there too.

So this is the first part, I really have to go now because I came back from holiday alone(10 hours on the train is a bitch) so I have to get some stuff to eat. The restaurant part will follow and I hope some pictures too

Thats a very cute story...
I would probably not only be unable to speak but pee myself aswell.

I got to hug a semi famous musician once...
my husband asked if he would give me a hug...too bad we never bring a camera anywhere...
then I read an interview were the guy admits to being addicted to sex...
if I would have known sooner maybe i coulda copped a feel of his
butt....heheh

i would never have the huevos to do that.

I cant wait to meet Bono one day and ruin a pair of underwear ; )

Great story, can't wait to hear the second part. A we Bono, mmmm my imagination is running riot at the moment and I'm a Larry fan.

Congratulations.

so here is the second part of my meeting. We went to the restaurant at 21h and 15 minutes later Bono and his family arrived. It was very sweet, Bono really wanted to sit between his girls, who can blame him they are beautiful and he' s so proud that it are his daughters. We sat very close to them and because it was like this very private occassion i didn't want to bother them at all. I just looked some times and it really has to be said, they are just a family like there are thousands of families. :cute: Ali took pictures all the time and suddenly Bono waved at us and said 'she really can't get enough of it'. It was like that typical Bono wave, just a wave were you get :coocoo:
i sat there, and couldn't do a thing.
So they ate and made a lot of fun, i don't think it is appropriate to tell all the things that happened, not that it is like amazing stuff it is just the normal things you do with your family.
When they finished diner the girls went away and the boys were already playing most of the time. So bono took a seat next to his wife and talked with her and the nanny and another guy.
I asked the waitress if i could ask for a picture.
As she saw that i was shy she said that she would ask it. She went to bono and it took a while before she came back. I thought crap he doesn't want to... but no she came back and said 'it's fine'
so i went to their table and i was standing before bono and ali and he said come over here and he pointed to a chair next to his. so i just sat down and his arm was already around me. My dad took a picture and he's probably used to see a flash so he was amazed that there wasn't, he said 'no flash?' and i said no it is a throw away camera. he took the camera and said 'you have to do it like this' and was searching for the flash i said no there's no flash and he and ali said there should be a flash on it. so no flash ...
so bono, very inventive took the candles and holded them between us , this is the flash he said. so my dad took a second picture. Then i asked him about the Werchter festival in belgium and at first he didn't understand it but when he looked at my bracelet he said oh yeah we played there a lot. he asked who played this year and i said the pixies.(his arm was still around me and he was constantly rubbing my back) then he said 'they made me cry' well i almost cried myself(at the concert and when he said that).
He also said that they used to play before them and that he saw them this year in Dublin(but we knew that already didn't we). I also told him that PJ Harvey was there too and he said 'well she's great too'. And all that time he was sitting very close to me his left leg was constantly against my right leg and he was looking me right in my eyes :combust: :love:
We still talked a bit about the Werchter festival and then i went totally nuts.
Well i don't really remember how it happened but suddenly his cheek was against mine and it lasted like a very long time. I suppose that he pulled me to him and kissed me.
So before i would fell off my chair(but i'm sure bono would have helped me to get up) i decided to get up and i said like a hundred times thank you :bow: :bow:

then they decided to leave as well and he came to me and kissed me again, i was so stunned... :hyper: :uhoh:
then i asked him if we could take a pic with me and my mom, he shook my mom's hand and she was also out of it. but she didn't hear that i asked for a pic with him and she sat there and bono was standing next to me and i was like c'mon mom get up. so i said that to her and bono like 'yeah la mama'. Well it's difficult to explain but it was so funny!!! and then they left and i know that a half an hour later is was still sitting there and just smiling....

it was just sublime

oh a few days later we went back, but didn't see him. I saw ali but i didn't dare to say something to her. I left a letter at the restaurant for bono just to thank him. It was like a really special day but he was so sweet that you would like to see or meet him every day!!! he must be the angel of love i guess!!!

I'm SO GLAD to know that U2 are doing OK and retaining their sense of humor with life!

Thanks, Amelie, I'm sure your reports will mean A LOT to many PLEBAns.:yes: :up:

:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love: :angel: :hug:

Wow! sitting at the table with Ali and Bono. That's just awesome.
Sound's like he was determined to put you at ease. He knew you were shy. Candles for a flash, that's so nice of him to try and make sure your pic's turn out.
Speaking of pic's did you get any :wink:

Last edited:
wow that is a great story! I am jealous that you were in beautiful southern France let alone meeting Bono, Edge and Ali!

Can't WAIT to see the pics! :hyper: :hyper:

That's such a sweet story!:hug: It's great how Bono takes time out to talk to fans while he's with his family :heart::up:

I can't wait for pics! and WetU2!!!

:drool: :wink: wow! Thankk you Amelie!! What a wonderful story! i am happy for you that you got your very own special time with Bono & Co.! What a funny story, too!:yes: :laugh: It looks like ali has a new passion=taking pictures of their lovely family!! And a wet U2-,emm,:drool: Yum! PS: My niece is Amelie,6 also. good Name! :wink:

my name isn't amelie, i just like it a lot. my real name is hannelore.
well pictures could be a problem. Take pictures with a throw away camera in the dark isn't such a good idea, but i hope it will turn out well. I brought my pictures today to the shop and hopefully they will be ready soon. As soon as i have them i will put them here!!!

Great story lucky you!!:bono: :love:

What a man even though he was with all his family he still took time out for you just amazing!!

Hope your photos come out!!

Amelie - WE NEED PICTURES! :hyper:

Whenever you get the chance to develope them, please post them here. :wink:

Especially the ones of you, Bono and the candle. :yes:

They sound like WONDERFUL pics! :up: :hug:

still waiting for pictuers and i can't promise if they are all okay...(so keep on checking this week if there are already pictures i will do my very best)
Well bono looked very nice as always :drool:, although when he came out of the water he was looking a bit pale, maybe he was very hungry...(so he was looking pale and i red, because i've been in the sun too long that day, waiting for bono can be hard sometimes) oh yeah i don't think that bono comes in the sun often because his skin wasn't brown at all. So that man must be working quite hard!!!

his hair is still long and it was not dyed(so still the colour of the pictures in may and june) but he was wearing his summer hat so. he must like that hat very much!!!
when i brought my arm back to me (from around his back) I touched his hat and it almost fell to the ground (very funny as well, i was :ohmy: sorry).
But actually that was his fault, because his arm stayed around me and I had to make a whole circle to get me arm back so... (haha blame bono). But i didn't mind that his arm stayed there :lol:

okay oh what was he wearing, a jeans shirt(long)very wide open :D and when his arms where around his girls, you could see almost his whole body :combust: (although it could be that i imagined the rest... :laugh:
and i think he was wearing dark jeans trousers, he was wearing them for the photo shoot and i think that he just put on the same clothes but dry ones then.
at his feet he was wearing sandals, those that you can see often when he's walking on the beach(cfr those pictures with ali)

Well Ali looked also great, she was wearing dark trousers and a dark pull-over but still she looked perfect.
How did jordan and Eve look like?? well i don't remember everything but they were dressed in the same style like the pictures of the Troy premiere.

so i hope that you can imagine a bit how it was and we're all waiting for the pictures!!

Back
Top Bottom