A rare interview (a celebration of the Montreal concerts)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melpop

Acrobat
I just put up a pretty rare video (that I don't think many of you have seen) up on my site.

The interview took place on May 29 2001 in Montreal by a german station.

If any one is interested in seeing it just go to:
http://membres.lycos.fr/melpop/

to my video section..

it's a great interview!!! It's a large file though (26 megs)

Enjoy!

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"
- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Ahh, May 29th... the day I spent wandering around in a daze trying to figure out where U2 were most likely to be in MY city....

Wasn't Bono in Ottawa that day with Chretien?

Um, I'm going to say thanks for posting the video even though I can't see it. (*sigh*-- sometimes I really hate having a Mac). What was the interview like?

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Ahh, May 29th... the day I spent wandering around in a daze trying to figure out where U2 were most likely to be in MY city....

Wasn't Bono in Ottawa that day with Chretien?

Um, I'm going to say thanks for posting the video even though I can't see it. (*sigh*-- sometimes I really hate having a Mac). What was the interview like?

He saw Chretien at the October concert... no?

The interview is pretty funny... I love it when Bono says how Larry likes to go out at night and check out the pretty ladies.

It's a great interview

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Mmm, yeah, I think you're right, it was in October.

Aughhh.... what else does he say? I want to hear!!! :)

Erm...

interviewer:"what is important to keep a band together"

Bono: "personal hygiene!"

interviewer:"What would you do if one of you says that they would need a break forever?"

Bono:"I'd say that drummers we can find them anywhere!"

Larry:"I can tell that it's gonna be a drummer bad day!"

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"

Thank you so much, Melpop! I've been looking for this interview for almost a year now
smile.gif

I only got halfway through before my Realplayer crapped out, but so far it's great! Favorite parts:

1) What the hell! Was Adam drinking tea with a little saucer?? Bwahahaha!

2) Bono joking about standing in the kitchen and turning the light on and off when they were finished with the tour, and Larry suggesting that he run around the house at full speed

3) Edge is so talky!

4) I like how Edge says "garage"

5) What the hell was up with the frame that says "Sex Pistols" at 10:21.2??

Off to see if it'll let me finish watching!

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

Aaaand apparently I was so excited I posted that twice.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

[This message has been edited by Mirrorball Girl (edited 05-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Melpop:
Yeah they are.... from the wonderful 28th
wink.gif

Ahhh... soon I will be back again. Almost a tradition.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm done! Great interview!!

I love to see interviews where they all are there. They have so many inside jokes and "mean" comments about each other.

I agree with Mirrorball girl and the parts she mentioned, specially Bono on the kitchentable turning the light on and off. LOL

I also like when Edge said that he could be the next Schwartzenegger (or how it's spelled) or.... not.... LOL And Larry then said something mean about it and Edge looked so, so sad and tiny.
smile.gif

About the jokes, what really made me happy was Larrys comment on it. They talked about what keeps them together and later on on a different issue he said that "this is what keeps us together, the humor" I love it, they seem to have so much fun when they are together. Laugh all the time and comment on each others answer to the reporter, almost like noone else is supposed to hear.

Hmm... *U2 fuzzies*
smile.gif

I'm downloading it right now..Thx Melpop !

But where can I find the concert clips from the May 28th show?

I went in the video section and didn't find them.

thanks
smile.gif

------------------
The sunshine bores the daylights out of me
Chasing shadows moonlight mystery

My Photo Albums

Yay! My computer permitted me to finish watching, after all!

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
I also like when Edge said that he could be the next Schwartzenegger (or how it's spelled) or.... not.... LOL And Larry then said something mean about it and Edge looked so, so sad and tiny.
smile.gif

YES! I loved that! I was also amused that Adam's only line, I think, in the entire interview was "It's an elevation thing."

Oh, and Larry? HOT.

Originally posted by Naya:

But where can I find the concert clips from the May 28th show?

It's in the interview!
smile.gif
it was only Elevation though. I thought they would show one more but they just talked... whish isn't a bad thing.

Adam... hehe... he doens't say much but when he does, it's always something funny and a classic comment.

Hey, Naya... you wanna meet when I visit? I know some plans on doing something the 27th is up, but not what. I'm in for anything!!
biggrin.gif

Crap the interview didn't work..I don't have real player.
mad.gif

Hey, Naya... you wanna meet when I visit? I know some plans on doing something the 27th is up, but not what. I'm in for anything!!
biggrin.gif

Of course !
smile.gif
It would be cool to have a PLEBA meeting...Maybe there will be a tribute band playing to commemorate the one year anniversary of the Elevation show in Mtrl!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 05-15-2002).]

Originally posted by Naya:
Of course !
smile.gif
It would be cool to have a PLEBA meeting...Maybe there will be a tribute band playing to commemorate the one year anniversary of the Elevation show in Mtrl!
biggrin.gif

There is??? OHhhhh... I would love to go!!! I really need a concert, with preferable U2's music.
biggrin.gif

There is??? OHhhhh... I would love to go!!! I really need a concert, with preferable U2's music.
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure...I'm only guessing. When are you arriving in Montreal and how long are you staying? If you want you can email me at:

zooropababy81@hotmail.com

------------------
The sunshine bores the daylights out of me
Chasing shadows moonlight mystery

My Photo Albums

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 05-15-2002).]

I'm arriving next friday at 6pm, the 24th. Hay is gonna pick me up and I will stay with her. I will stay til June 5th, going back at the evening, at 8 or something.
smile.gif

Sooo, looking forward to this vacation. Haven't been away since last august, only worked and worked and..... *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom