A PLEBA Challenge - Bono's Surprise Party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crzy4Bono

Refugee
Heya ladies, I know it's been a long absence but I wanted to pop in here and issue a little PLEBA challenge to you...

Bono's got a birthday coming up (like you guys didn't know that)! For the past three years, the African Well Fund has been conducting a fundraiser for his birthday where fans like all of you guys donate a little bit here, and a little bit there - it all adds up quickly and then a well (or wells) is built in his honor in Africa.

The last two birthdays U2 fans raised over $25,000 - and with the tour going on and new fans interested, I'm sure we can pass that number this year!

I'd like to challenge you guys to kick in whatever you can - every little bit helps, so if it's just a couple of dollars (or euros, or whatever!) it will still make a difference.

After donating, be sure to sign the online birthday card. As in the past all birthday messages will be collected and sent to Bono, along with a “Well Share” for the amount of money raised.

More info on the birthday fundraiser is in the news section here at Interference, or you can find a link here:
http://www.africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2005.html

Thanks for your support!!

Last edited:
Oh yeah! :yes: I will be doing my yearly donation!!!

I also recommend everyone to go to shop at the africanwell fund website. I just bought two tshirts. The money from this purchase goes to the african well fund! Pretty cool looking tshirts too. Can't wait to wear mine!

Excellent...I just started working at Starbucks and recently found out that if I ever donate to organizations such as this that Starbucks will match my donations amounts....:up: Very excited bout this...

I am still willing to give Bono his birthday card after leaping from an oversized cake however! ;)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Oh yeah! :yes: I will be doing my yearly donation!!!

I also recommend everyone to go to shop at the africanwell fund website. I just bought two tshirts. The money from this purchase goes to the african well fund! Pretty cool looking tshirts too. Can't wait to wear mine!

I got a t-shirt too, I was thinking of wearing it to the party on Sunday night :)

starsgoblue said:
Excellent...I just started working at Starbucks and recently found out that if I ever donate to organizations such as this that Starbucks will match my donations amounts....:up: Very excited bout this...

I am still willing to give Bono his birthday card after leaping from an oversized cake however! ;)

donating through an employer matching program is a great way to give stars - pm me if you have any questions about how to designate AWF as a recipient.

I have been a follower and a volunteer of the AWF since its inception and can tell you that this endeavor is TRULY A LABOR OF LOVE for everyone who is involved in it.

Every water well that is built in an African community will bring YEARS OF HOPE AND JOY to the people who live in the community.

Clean drinking water is ESSENTIAL to a good quality of life - please do what you can to support this most worthy endeavor of the AWF.

Just click on this link to see the DOZENS of water wells built and in the process of being built in Uganda and Ethiopia because of the AWF!

Hopefully, SEEING the wells will help propel you into making a donation to the AWF for the third "Build a Birthday Well for Bono" fundraising effort.

It's ONE of the best uses of your money possible.

Plus, you get to sign the B-man's online birthday card! (smile)

http://www.africanwellfund.org/ourwells.html

I NEED SOMETHING OTHER....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Ikkin said:
Wish I could donate...

-Nikki

any amount that you can manage is worthwhile - we have had donations for as little as $5 and for as much as $1000!

It all makes a difference.

Thanks so much to our repeat donors, your ongoing support is vital!

starsgoblue said:
Great idea, Gap, Inc. will match me too! Thanks! I'll find out how to get the match tomorrow! :hyper:

Crzy4Bono said:
Heya ladies, I know it's been a long absence but I wanted to pop in here and issue a little PLEBA challenge to you...

Bono's got a birthday coming up (like you guys didn't know that)! For the past three years, the African Well Fund has been conducting a fundraiser for his birthday where fans like all of you guys donate a little bit here, and a little bit there - it all adds up quickly and then a well (or wells) is built in his honor in Africa.

The last two birthdays U2 fans raised over $25,000 - and with the tour going on and new fans interested, I'm sure we can pass that number this year!

I'd like to challenge you guys to kick in whatever you can - every little bit helps, so if it's just a couple of dollars (or euros, or whatever!) it will still make a difference.

After donating, be sure to sign the online birthday card. As in the past all birthday messages will be collected and sent to Bono, along with a “Well Share” for the amount of money raised.

More info on the birthday fundraiser is in the news section here at Interference, or you can find a link here:
http://www.africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2005.html

Thanks for your support!!

:applaud:

I've always thought this was a great idea but this year is the first chance i've had to donate. I've put in as much as i can for now which isnt a lot but i hope to be able to give some more next month.

Back
Top Bottom