a plea for anything funny.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chels82

Refugee
i have had the worst 2 days of my life, i won't bore you all with details but it just has been really bad. my whole year didn't start off great and so far it's not going so swift.....and i was praying for it to be better than last year.

i need funny U2 pictures, jokes, anything U2. you all make me laugh everyday....i knew if i came here, someone could help me cheer up.

xoxo,
chelsea

((((Chelsea)))) Sorry to hear that, I hope things get better soon...Okay, this is all I can think of right now, I hope it's funny.

DIRTY JOKE: 4 Irish musicians fell in the mud!
SILLY JOKE: Q: Why did the Edge cross the room? A: To get to the other slide...guitar. (okay, that was decidely not funny, my apologies)
SILLY STORY
*Adam, Larry, Bono, and Edge are walking down the street*
BONO: So then, I was like "You can't be serious, man!" and he said, "DUDE! no jokes, it's the truth!!"
EDGE: *rolls eyes* Sometimes I wish we didn't all live in one big house and do everything together.
ADAM: *points* OOH! a penny-candy store! I haven't seen one of those in years!! Can we stop!?!!? PLEASE!! Can we stop??
LARRY: No.
ADAM: *pouting* Why not?
LARRY: 'cos I said so.
EDGE: Where are we going, anyway?
LARRY: For a walk.
BONO: Walking's really good for you, you know? I was talking to Ali the other day, and I said, "Why don't people go for walks more often?" but she was all like "Why don't you come home and live with your family? It's just weird that you all live in one big house and do everything together."
ADAM: Is this exercise? Cos I'm not gonna exercise.
LARRY: You'll see where we're goin'.
*Larry directs everyone to take a left, then a right, and then another left*
LARRY: Okay, here we are.
ADAM: A residential street? Are we gonna buy a new big house where we'll all live and do things together??
EDGE: I quite like the one we have now.
BONO: YEAH! We've got a bowlin' alley and everything... do you think maybe this is where Ali lives??
LARRY: No, this is where Chelsea lives. We're going to cheer chelsea up.
ADAM: Well, we should bring her some penny candy then.
LARRY: *whips out bouquet of roses and box of godiva chocolates* No, I took care of it...
ADAM: Well what if she's allergic to chocolate? or flowers?
LARRY: *whips out some nice hard candy and a copy of the Boston DVD* Then this'll do.
ADAM: Or diabetic?
LARRY: I've sugar free candy too. And ZOOTV on VHS. She'll be fine.
EDGE: Does this story really qualify as a Joke??
BONO: The definition of a joke is quite subjective, really. I was talking to Kofi Annan the other day, and he was like "It's odd that you all live together in one big house..." and I was like, "Kofi, man, doesn't it strike you that humour is horribly subjective, and that cute tales could be sort of funny to some people but not others, who might prefer..."
LARRY: *snarls* I think you're funny, Bono. Funny in yer bleedin' head!
ADAM: That's not very nice, Lar.
EDGE: So, what are we waiting for? Shouldn't we go in now???
BONO: Yeah, man, you know what they say, "no time like the present" "a penny saved is a penny earned" "a rising tide lifts all boats" that kinda thing. *Everyone looks at him concernedly* What, what are you looking at??
EDGE: nevermind.
LARRY: Edge, can you hold me coat? I wanted her to get a good look at me sheer shirt.
BONO: I left me muscle shirt at home...
EDGE: I forgot to put my earring in.
ADAM: d'you have a pen?
LARRY: Bono, Edge you look fine. Adam, here's a pen.
BONO: I have some stationary. I was at the Ritz Carlton, and they were like "It's not a card store, Mr. Bono, sorry, we can't just give you some paper" and I was like "Well, it's just that I have this idea for a song and you know sometimes you've just gotta get out of the house, cos it's a bit strange..." and then eventually they jest shoved it at me and asked me to never come back. *Frowns* People can be cruel.
ADAM: Don't fret, we'll get some Penny Candy on the way back. *scribbles something* Okay. All set.
*The band approaches the door and Chelsea eagerly invites them in. They succeed in cheering her up, and as they're leaving, Adam hands her the slip of paper*
CHELSEA: What's this? A phone number?
ADAM: *smiles sweetly* Yep. Em, I thought that some day you might like to go out for penny candy or coffee or spoons or something.
CHELSEA: *Faints from joy*
THE END

*HUGS* Bbug! thank you!

i can't imagine what i'd do if the guys walked up to my front door.....i probably would faint, either that or invite them in and offer them many alcoholic beverages!

xoxo,
chelsea

Originally posted by Kristie:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/003588.html
Don't know about you, but this thread cracks my ass up
A lot of the pictures have fallen into red x world now, though

Awww...you know what makes me feel good...when my threads make people smile
biggrin.gif

But I'm curious Kristie...what exactly about the thread makes you laugh? Just curious...
smile.gif

Chels...I hope things get better...I know that's small consolation. I've been through some tough stuff too and sometimes it can seem like the end of the world. You can always come and find me willing to listen and lend a hand. Just let me know...hippyactress@hotmail.com, AIM: hippyactress, MSN: hippyactress@hotmail.com

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Awww...you know what makes me feel good...when my threads make people smile
biggrin.gif

But I'm curious Kristie...what exactly about the thread makes you laugh? Just curious...
smile.gif

The captions! I loooooove captiond pictures!
Such as...
Ignore-What's-Going-On-In-My-Pants-and-Concentrate-On-the-Arm Arm
WooHoo-Elevate-My-Arm Arm
Forget-The-Fact-That-I'm-Nearly-Nude Arm
This-One-Needs-No-Description-Just-Give-Into-The-Power-Of-the-Arm Arm
Smile-And-Arm-Combine-To-Make-One-Deadly-Weapon Arm
And my personal favorite:
Even-My-left-arm-wants-to-touch-my-right-arm Arm
and you referring to Larry as Capt. Sexpot
biggrin.gif

I just wish most of 'em weren't X's, cos I missed it the first time around
Ah, re-reading that thread has broken through my "ugh I'm sick and feel like hell" haze and made me laugh again

Awww.... don't be crying Chels! ((((hugs))))

This thread had me laughing so much... I think we were all on crack that night or something, well anyways, it's the post w/ the origin of Sassy Tassles & the Ruffle Brigade

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/003601.html

And I recommend the arm thread too!
biggrin.gif
Hope you feel better....

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

chelsea....read the "pants found" thread...
and ANY captioned photo thread....

and search for ANY stuff relating to scottphisto. he's seriously funny!!!

Originally posted by Bbug:
*Everyone looks at him concernedly* What, what are you looking at??
EDGE: nevermind.
THE END

This right here is where I totally lost it! Not that the whole thing wasn't pretty amusing, but this, oh, yea, it just got me. *wipes laugh tears from eyes* Yep, good.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 02-17-2002).]

I thought this was cute

So it?s 30 years from now, and Paul McCartney has died. He arrives at the Pearly Gates and finds God already there, waiting to personally welcome the great musician into Heaven.

?I am very pleased with you, My Son,? God tells Paul. ?You have done many great things. How would you like a personal tour of Heaven??

Paul is flattered and excited, and agrees to accompany God. First, God takes Paul to a little tumble-down shack. It is humble and dingey. A tiny, tattered Beatles banner hangs in the window. ?This,? God gestures at the house, ?is your house here in Heaven. You shall spend eternity here.? Paul is confused, and visibly upset. ?God,? Paul says, ?I don?t mean to be ungrateful. But why is my house so small?? God laughs warmly. ?I don?t think you understand. This is a very rare gift. Only my very special children receive houses.? ?Oh! In that case, I am very honoured. Thank you, God.? He eyes his new home appreciatively for a moment, and then they continue on the tour.

After a while, they come to a huge mansion. It is the most spectacular home Paul McCartney has ever seen. The yard stretches are far as he can see. A giant U2 banner is flying from the flagpole. Groundskeepers in U2 shirts and fly shades are scurrying about, trimming hedges into lemons. The gates to the mansion form a giant PopMart arch. Paul is furious. He stares incredulously at the house. God notices his discomfiture, and enquires, ?Whatever is the matter, My Son??

?God,? Paul says, his voice shaking, ?I don?t mean to be ungrateful. But I played with the Beatles, God. We were the greatest rock band in the universe. We broke every record there was to break. We defined rock and roll music. I am truly thankful for my house, God. Really. But look at Bono?s house! I have accomplished so much, and receive only a tiny house. Why should Bono?s house be so grand??

God is amused. He ruffles Paul?s hair affectionately. ?You are mistaken, My Child. There is nothing to be upset about.? He gestures at the property. ? This is not Bono?s house. This is my house.?

Hope it cheers you up. Don't worry, things will get better.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

Hey Chelsea,

I KNOW exactly what you mean...I'm going through a shit, shit time at the moment...This past week has been one of the most awful....I'm trying to keep busy and deal with everything but it's really hard.

I came to PLEBA (I rarely come here) to cheer me up too!

If you want to talk so we can feel sorry for ourselves, feel free to write me at:
julie_bouvier@yahoo.com

Hope you feel better!

- julie

chelsea...did you ever find your funny thing??

are you feeling any better?

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed more cheering up!!

Back
Top Bottom