A never before seen Bono pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Sicy...

Did you get a special plate or anything? I got my plate back in 1999 and I think it took about 6-8 weeks to get it. It wasn't that long. Have you tried calling the DMV to see why it's taking so long? I ordered mine through Auto Club, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Cool plate, by the way.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Sicy:
Well I've been waiting like 3 months.. I dunno if thats normal but anyway, something to make you think !!

U2LV8ME

biggrin.gif

oh
my
god.

I just called the dmv to check about my plates and this lady was so ridiculous.

First of all, she sounded like she had just smoked 7 packs of cigarettes. So picture that voice.

Me: Hi, I ordered some personalized plates back in November and I havent received anything yet.

Her: Well the applications were lost back in November.

Me: Huh??

Her: The applications were misplaced and they have found them now and sent them off to the prison this month.

Me: Um so...

Her: .. but he's in lock down right now so they're not being made.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOCK DOWN??? LOL -

Me: Um, so there's only one guy making plates??

Her: *all snappy* THATS NOT WHAT I SAID.

Me:
icon24.gif

Then she goes onto mumble some crap, still not answering my questions and being a total bitch!!!

Me: Thanks, you've been really unhelpful.

*SLAMS PHONE DOWN.

mad.gif

So yeah moonie! lol. I have no clue.

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

LOL!

The one guy who makes all the plates is gonna have a LOT of work to do
wink.gif

------------------
"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Her: .. but he's in lock down right now so they're not being made.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOCK DOWN??? LOL -

Me: Um, so there's only one guy making plates??

Her: *all snappy* THATS NOT WHAT I SAID.

First of all, the guy being in locked down comment is pretty funny.

Second, what a total Bitch that DMV lady is!

I hope you get your plates soon.
smile.gif

Originally posted by hippyactress:
LOL!

The one guy who makes all the plates is gonna have a LOT of work to do
wink.gif

Well, now he has something to do while in lock down...

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Cute pic...but I agree...looks much better on Adam!

LOL Sicy at the DMV wench...nice to know the guy in lock down has your plate info, sheesh!

happy THRUSTday!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 02-21-2002).]

that totally bites, Sicy.... I *hate* DMV people... they're all rude, they're all clueless, and they're all obnoxious.

I think I met one person (ONE!) at the DMV who was actually nice to me. I'd never work in a place like that, nuh uh.

I go and do all my registration and renewal stuff for my truck through Auto Club... they're much friendlier.
biggrin.gif

I hate rude people, too... LOCK DOWN?!?! Holy shite.... LOL

Let us know when your plates come in. I'm staring at mine and wishing I had three more signatures on it. Bummer.
biggrin.gif
Guess I'll try and see if I can catch them all at the Grammys.... maybe/maybe not.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Well I've been waiting like 3 months.. I dunno if thats normal but anyway, something to make you think !!

U2LV8ME

biggrin.gif

Love what your plate says Sicy! DMV people are RUDE. It sucks that they didn't even have the decency to contact you and tell you what had happened. Hope your plates come soon. BTW, Elizabeth you really have a good eye cause I didn't notice that same shirt on Adam. I love it on both of them.

------------------
~*~Keep your head up cause today's gonna come...Midnight...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...my spanish rose~*~

Originally posted by Angell:
I was there when that pic was taken! There were only about 15-20 people there when Edge and Bono came out. I got a hug/kiss/auto from Bono and hug/auto from Edge....but I had no camera!! (really sucked) But oh well...I'm glad to have met them!
smile.gif

And where was I? Where the freak was I? Getting a freaking coke!

Angell: Want to go? I'm running down to sound check to see if I can meet the guys...

Crzy: Oh no, you go ahead, I'm going to get a coke.

***smacks self*** ***smacks self***

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Lise:
It's an Atlanta license plate that says BU2FL DY

i don't know if someone already mentioned this, but that's a Virginia plate--->

0PACVJP4VkZRFaL6gy8m!

yay! *neighbor to VA*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Thanks for correcting me Julie, I thought I saw Atlanta but no it's Virginia plates. I guess I really do need to get glasses but I don't wanna!

------------------
~*~Keep your head up cause today's gonna come...Midnight...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...my spanish rose~*~

that shirt looks better on adam.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

moonie what does yours say?

I think I'm going to try to call again and hope that raspy voiced hag doesnt answer this time.

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
***smacks self*** ***smacks self***

That's okay....next time I'll get a kiss for you too !
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by Angell:

That's okay....next time I'll get a kiss for you too !
smile.gif

Or at least a kiss FROM U2
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

moonie what does yours say?

I think I'm going to try to call again and hope that raspy voiced hag doesnt answer this time.

OK, so I'm a complete dork. I can't get my boyfriend's scanner to work to actually scan my plate, so I found this cool website that shows "blank" US plates. Found mine and typed in what it should say. Then, like the dork I am, I saved it onto snapfish and here it is:

333765%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D323238776365%3Bnu0mrj

It's much better in person.
biggrin.gif
I love my plate. I was shocked that I actually was able to get it back in 1999. I was prepared to come up with any variation of the work "Rocks" that I could, but the lady at Automobile Club tried ROKS and it was available. Yay! Totally lucked out.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

DMV sucks. I hate it. LOL! The DMV is especially awful in NJ. They are really rude, and SLOW. My parents went and got my Florida plates, (LOL, I've been here for 6 months, and I'm just NOW getting my plates...) and they came back and said, "Dana, look, you have U2 on your plate....U 5+6=11 add up the 1+1 and it's 2 so...there...U2." I was like, "FUNNY!"

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:

333765%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D323238776365%3Bnu0mrj

Yay! That's cool moonie!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah originally I ordered MOFO U2 and they denied it for the language! God.. I was so mad.. then I thought up that other one and now it seems like it will never come!

Yay! That's cool moonie!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah originally I ordered MOFO U2 and they denied it for the language! God.. I was so mad.. then I thought up that other one and now it seems like it will never come!

that totally bites. I'd check with the DMV every day - they loved to be annoyed, don't they! You get 'em, Sicy.... they can't mess with an Italian.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom