A hiking we will go...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which U2 guy would make the best hiking buddy?

• Adam

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Bono

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Larry

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just got back from hiking in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. While hiking one of the trails, I was telling my sis that I thought Larry would make a good hiking partner. She vehemently disagreed and said Edge was more likely to make a good hiking buddy.... even my mom agreed that Edge would be the best U2 member to take along hiking.

I just don't see Edge as a hiker. :eyebrow:

So now I'm wondering.... which U2 member do YOU think would make the best hiking buddy?

partner???

Oh, you said hiking! :shifty: I read it wrong... but I already voted so... :lol:

Yes, he would be a good hiking partner too, though there are more interesting things to do along those deserted mountain trails. And I know you know what I mean. :evil:

Last edited:
Re: partner???

flaming june said:
Yes, he would be a good hiking partner too, though there are more interesting things to do along those deserted mountain trails. And I know you know what I mean. :evil:
:ohmy: :shame: :shifty: :lmao:

I voted for Larry. I can't imagine Bno crawling around on top of a mountain or hanging in some crevice. :eeklaugh:

Can you just imagine seeing Adam hiking in sarong or Bono hiking in tight, leather pants??? :lmao:

I had to go with buff, tough Larry.

I saw pix of Bono hiking in Africa. No, the Smokies aren't Africa but I think he'd make a terrific hiking partner.......:drool: :drool: He's a good conversation partner, so that'd be cool.:drool: :drool: :heart: :heart: :heart: :silent: :censored:

EDGE, BABY!!

Ok, as much as I adore Larry and as much as I'd love to f**k him 10 ways to Sunday, I had to go with Edge here.

Why? He's more intellectual, and I think the conversation would be more interesting... I can see him being more into that than the rest of them.

Larry's really strong (and hot) but honestly I think he'd bitch too much. lol.

Sorry, Larry, baby. Had to go with Edge here. :D

~Bona

Re: EDGE, BABY!!

Bonavoix said:
Ok, as much as I adore Larry and as much as I'd love to f**k him 10 ways to Sunday

Oh Bona, you have a way of saying things so as to make my gutterbrain run amuck! :evil:

Re: EDGE, BABY!!

Bonavoix said:

Larry's really strong (and hot) but honestly I think he'd bitch too much. lol.

:lmao: Bona, when I asked my sis why she thought Larry wouldn't be a good hiker, she said he was too much of a *pretty boy* :|

When I asked my mom why she thought Edge would be a good hiker, she said he just looked rugged. :rolleyes:

larry'd be like "FOAD damn bugs *snarl snarl snarl*"

Edge, totally, he'd have all these fun facts and be like "LOOK it's the white pine, named so because blah blah blah OH that's the call of the spotted arsed owl blah blah"

Kristie said:

Edge, totally, he'd have all these fun facts and be like "LOOK it's the white pine, named so because blah blah blah OH that's the call of the spotted arsed owl blah blah"

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Kristie said:

:larry: Well, this is good! Then we wouldn't get eaten alive!!!

:edge: I :heart: Edge. Wait...can I go camping/hiking with ALL of them? :lol:

Larry, cos then i'd get to see him in carrying all that mountain stuff and then it would get all hot (think summer people!) and then he'd take his shirt off... and :drool:

me and my one track mind. :sexywink:

souLnation2002 said:
Larry, cos then i'd get to see him in carrying all that mountain stuff and then it would get all hot (think summer people!) and then he'd take his shirt off... and :drool:

me and my one track mind. :sexywink:

:lol: Actually, that was the first thing that came to my mind too!

While I think Larry is definitely the most rugged and all that, I wouldn't want to hike with him because I'd feel like I'd be too slow compared to him and all this other stuff and I really wouldn't want to have to be involved in this like competition. So I went with Bono because he is active, he is a jogger and all that, but I think he'd like to take his time and enjoy the scenery and talk and make jokes and just have a more fun time of it.
I'd imagine Adam would be down at the lodge reading by the fire. And Edge, I cannot picture him hiking, although probably does and is very good at it. I think I'd rather go to a museum or stroll on a beach with Edge than go hiking, just something more lowkey and intimate (feel free to let minds wander with that comment, I know I'm asking for it).

I took some kiddos through a nature hiking trail today! It would have been fun to have Edge along. :yes:

I picked Adam because he is(remembering the books I've read)a lover of nature. I really cannot picture any of the guys wearing a hiking pack going up switchbacks....but I think if I were to run into one of them on a trail, it would be Adam...just out for a walk on the trail.

I would not pick Larry cuz he might get all grouchy and spoil
the fun. I would pic Edge cuz like alot of people said he's
smart and he would probably be able to start a fire, pich
a tent, he could bring his guitar and sing to me and im sure he would be really fasinated by nature. Also I would love to crawl into a sleeping bag with him:evil: :yes:

I voted for Adam because:

Edge would be all into owls and driving me nuts explaining the difference between this type of tree and that one,and we'd probably never get to the top because we'd have to enjoy all the scenary and rivers on the way up.

Larry would be all psycho determined to just get to the top and if I dropped behind he wouldn't stop, and I'd end up lost in the middle of a forest.

Bono would drive me nuts bouncing all over the place, talking to strangers and definitely getting lost.

So I chose Adam. Because like me, Adam would choose to take the car up the mountain. That way we can sit back, relax, eat and chat without ever straining a muscle.

:D :kiss::adam:

*edited cuz I can't spell..
and Fishy I just read your response :lol: GMTA!

Last edited:
Sorry gals but I can't decide on anyone of them...
Bono: he's a nut, I can't see him making a fire for me.
He would probably be writing songs about the
trees or something.:wink:
Larry: he would probably be worried that I would
turn out like Cathy Bates in Misery because
he can tell I'm soooo infatuated with him:rolleyes:
Edge: He seems too posh, can't see him doing the number
two out behind a tree. But then again
I can't see myself doing that either.:lol:

AngelofLarrydom said:
Sorry gals but I can't decide on anyone of them...
Bono: he's a nut, I can't see him making a fire for me.
He would probably be writing songs about the
trees or something.:wink:
Larry: he would probably be worried that I would
turn out like Cathy Bates in Misery because
he can tell I'm soooo infatuated with him:rolleyes:
Edge: He seems too posh, can't see him doing the number
two out behind a tree. But then again
I can't see myself doing that either.:lol:

You forgot about Adam!! :confused:

OH wait maybe cuz he's with me?? :sexywink:

:dance: Olive

Back