A Hard Personal Decision for Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just found this thread Weldy. I've been pretty absent in Pleba these days. I have no magic words for you, or anything that hasn't been said already. I know that this isn't the first time that you've experienced medical difficulties with your mom though. it seems like many of us here have experienced some bad times with family members in the hospital in the last year or so, for me it was my stepfather. :( I wish there was a different outcome for you with this.

I'm thinking of you and your family and hope you all will find some peace soon. PM if you need to talk or vent, or just because. :pray: :hug:

Aww, Weldy, I can't say anything more articulate and meaningful that what's been said already, but I'm sending you good vibes :heart: Stay strong through this, we're all here for you :hug:

I just found your thread, stay strong Weldy, I hope your family finds peace. Remember everyone is here for you:heart:

Weldy. :hug: :sad: Everyone else has said everything I would say already. :heart:

I pray for your Mum to be as comfortable and peaceful as possible. :hug:

Its a difficult thing to go through. :( If you need anything, like VP said. We're just a PM away. :hug:

Sending love from the bottom of the world to you and your family Weldy. Your Mum will know you love her.

:hug:

Weldy, I just now found this thread. My sisters and brother and I went through something similar with our mom five years ago after a botched open heart surgery. She hung in there for a month, then one day we all told her (at different times, without knowing the others had been there) that if she wanted to go, it was okay. And we were fortunate enough to have been there with her as she crossed over. And I still miss the old girl, even after all this time.

Love and peace to you and your dad, dear heart. :hug:

I think I might have jumped the gun a bit on you guys. When I saw her today...she was a bit more responsive than she was in the past couple of days.

She looked at my dad and I straight in the eye, really trying to cough and yawn and tilted her head up at us a couple of times...although I thought she was trying to hard a couple of hours before we left....cause she felt like she had to stay up while we were with her and I felt she was overstimulated because there were a lot of people (Doctors, nurses and people that my father and I knew from our local churchs....including two priests) coming and going when it came closer to noon.

This is why I started this thread so late....so I'm really sorry. I'm still reserved about her progress....but my father and I agree to take it a day at a time.

Edit: I almost forgot....she is using the venitlator a little less today than she has been using since she went back in the ICU last Saturday. It's not a total assist and it's not acting as her lungs....but it's giving her a kick when she needs it. Again, I'm really sorry for scaring you guys :hug:

Last edited:
the ups and downs are hard, I know. Hang in there and be glad for the positive things - don't give up hope, you never know just what is going to happen. You've been preparing yourself for the worst, and that's good - but don't let that get in the way of the time you get to spend with her now, either. :heart:

You're in my prayers and mind these days

It is very unfortunate to hear your mother is in poor health right now Weldy.:( I know all to well of the pain you and your family must feel.:hug: Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and if there is anything you need I am here for you.

:pray:

:hug: I'm glad to hear she has improved, Weldy... Like the others have said, my thoughts are with you, and I'm sending positive vibes your way. :heart:
I'm only a PM away too! :hug:

Weldy I just found your thread. I'm glad to hear that your mom is more responsive. You and your family are in my thoughts. Stay strong Weldy. :hug::heart:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I think I might have jumped the gun a bit on you guys. When I saw her today...she was a bit more responsive than she was in the past couple of days.

She looked at my dad and I straight in the eye, really trying to cough and yawn and tilted her head up at us a couple of times...although I thought she was trying to hard a couple of hours before we left....cause she felt like she had to stay up while we were with her and I felt she was overstimulated because there were a lot of people (Doctors, nurses and people that my father and I knew from our local churchs....including two priests) coming and going when it came closer to noon.

This is why I started this thread so late....so I'm really sorry. I'm still reserved about her progress....but my father and I agree to take it a day at a time.

Edit: I almost forgot....she is using the venitlator a little less today than she has been using since she went back in the ICU last Saturday. It's not a total assist and it's not acting as her lungs....but it's giving her a kick when she needs it. Again, I'm really sorry for scaring you guys :hug:

Sometimes prayers work...glad to hear the good news.

Weldy, I think that I understand what you are going through, as I went through the same thing with my mother many many times. Right now I know that she is in a better place, and it was hard to let her go. It sounds a bit encouraging that your mother is responsing some. I know that this is easy for me to say to you, to try to stay strong, but I feel that you will do the best that you can. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family. :hug: :pray: :hug:

Oh Weldy, I'm so sorry. :hug: I've been quite absent from PLEBAn, so I just now found this thread. What a difficult thing you are going through.

I have to say though, for you to be so candid, and so knowledgeable in your post, you are a remarkable woman. I wouldn't be able to type like that at all if I were going through the same thing. You seem to be very strong, and I'm sure your dad is grateful to have such a wonderful woman as his daughter.

I couldn't even imagine the pain you are going through, but I'm very happy you and your dad have each other. I'm glad you two are talking things through. Only your family knows what is best for your family. I'm also very happy to hear your mother is more responsive now. That is a beautiful thing. You've already told your mom your regrets and told her you love her, which is also wonderful.

You have a beautiful heart. Hang in there, and don't give up hope. I'm praying for peace and comfort for you, your mom, and your dad.

Back
Top Bottom