A day that will live in infamy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Here is what I've heard about today's tragedy:

• it is the 23rd(?) anniversary of the Camp David Peace Accord between Isreael(?) and Palestine(?).
  • And the date is: 9-1-1.
  • The planes were all bound cross-country so all had FULL tanks of very flammable fuel.
    frown.gif
    frown.gif

This was VERY well thought out. I'm rather in shock.

U2, believe it or not, is NOT uppermost in my thoughts today; however, I had to listen to "Peace on Earth" (which made me cry), but I noticed something on ATYCLB. The entire second half of the album seems appropriate for today...

• [*]Peace on earth. We need it now.
    [*]When I look at the world...what is it that *you* see??
    [*]New York...I just bought a place in New York. (hope they're ok)
    [*]Grace makes beauty out of *ugly* things.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Terrible Beauty we experience. Let the spiritual message of All that you can't leave behind remind us of our life, and those who have lost theirs.

My three year old daughter just kept saying today, "Mommy, today is a perfect day, a beautiful day" It certainly is, to be alive and testament to this horrific tragedy. Don't let us take anything or anyone for granted. God give us peace, strength and grace to survive with hope.

I hope everyone in your world is safe.

peace on earth

Originally posted by drumkeeran:
My three year old daughter just kept saying today, "Mommy, today is a perfect day, a beautiful day" It certainly is, to be alive and testament to this horrific tragedy. Don't let us take anything or anyone for granted. God give us peace, strength and grace to survive with hope.

I hope everyone in your world is safe.

peace on earth
After this I think any other day is a beautiful day. Don't let it get away! One day or life or anything. Don't let it get away.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies
hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction
of evil--hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars--must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of
annihilation."

Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength To Love, 1963.

AMEN, Shazza. Bono had one heck of a great hero.

I've lived now through the Kennedy assassination, Vietnam, David Koresh, and now this.

Please. Stop with the tragedy. I don't know if my heart can take much more.

Peace on earth.

Back
Top Bottom