A Bono duck hunt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EveClayton

War Child
Was lookin at the papers this morning and guess what i ran into??????? an article from the auction at Christie's on Friday ,sadly i cant scan it so i'm gonna have to write it out.....from Newsday......

Do rock stars see alike? At an auction of paintings by U2's Bono at Christie's on Friday night ,Micheal Stipe bid furiously for what can only be called a picture of an odd duck.Forty Thousand dollars later , the snorkel - beaked creature ,one of 16 works Bono and two daughters created for Gavin Friday's updated book and CD of ''Peter and the Wolf'' was soon Stipes.

But then Moby arrived ,sitting out the bidding for paintings of wolves,pussycats and Bono himself ,until another version of dodo duck turned up.Not even knowing the REM singer got the last one,Moby ran forward to bid on it ,alas unsuccessfully.

The paintings raised $368,000 for the folks at the Irish Hospice Foundation ,whom Bono called ''the angels'' who cared for his father during his unsuccessful battle with cancer.

* At the bottom of the article there's a pic of sweet pic of Bono and Micheal Stipe and on the other side a pic of the duck.Wish i could have scanned it so u can see.

:applaud: :hug: WHOO HOO BONO ....for raising all the money...(and bono friends for bidding)

seriously wants a bono painting.....don't think $5 will cover it...gives up idea of going to chrisites

Is this the duck by any chance?

bonodove.jpg

kellyahern said:
Sorry about the blurry scan, but here's the duck :)

Btw, I read on u2log that the duck is guggi :) (the cat being ali, peter was bono, the wolf was gavin, and the grandfather was bono's dad) :cute:

338%3C%3A%3C3523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232347562%3A553ot1lsi

:cute::cute::cute:

kellyahern said:
Sorry about the blurry scan, but here's the duck :)

Btw, I read on u2log that the duck is guggi :) (the cat being ali, peter was bono, the wolf was gavin, and the grandfather was bono's dad) :cute:

338%3C%3A%3C3523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232347562%3A553ot1lsi

Yep (my parents got a kick out of it when I told them who Bono modeled the cat after :p). That's sweet that he had the characters resembling his loved ones. :) :cute: :hug: :bono:.

That's a funky duck. I like it.

I wish I could have one of these paintings. That'd be an awesome thing to hang up in my room.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom