A Beautiful Night in San Jose!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SJ

Refugee
Last night was another incredible night for me :)
So yesterday, I was having a hard time working so I skipped out on my breaks and went over to the California Theatre to check out the scene. There was lots of activity and I started to think that maybe Bono and Edge would come into town early so I talked with security, with no luck.
After work, I decided to stop by one more time, and someone there told me that my best chance of meeting Bono would be in the evening, as they were due in for a sound check. So I went home for awhile, and then decided to go back with my mom to see what was happening. I found a very nice gentleman who seemed genuine and also very interested in my 8x10 photo of me and Bono from the last time. So he told me that today would be very difficult to meet them, and I should go to the hotel as that is where they were due to arrive from the airport before the sound check. He told me to go around 9pm. So my mom, my boyfriend, and one of my best friends went to the hotel for some coffee;)
We sat in the lobby bar area and had coffee (I dont know that I needed it since I was so :hyper:already lol) I started thinking that maybe they werent staying there after all, since there was literally no activity or security at all in the lobby or anywhere.
Around 10:30pm, I saw Ali walking from the entrance to the elevator with the boys.She is absolutely gorgeous and the boys are just adorable! So I remained as calm as possible but got a very excited feeling in my stomach and it was confirmed in that moment that indeed Bono and Edge would be coming too!!!
So then I decided to move closer to the main lobby, and as I was walking Morleigh and her children were passing by us. She is beautiful too.
So then it seemed like Bono and Edge would never arrive, I didn't really want to make my loved ones wait around for too much longer lol, but you know how hard it would have been to leave!!!!
At about 11:45, Paul McGuiness walks in the entrance and right by me in the lobby. I think he realized I was a fan, maybe saw my U2 necklace, we made eye contact and I said hello, and he broke out a smile and said hi.
At around midnight, a few black sedans and SUVs pulled up all in a row. Bono and Edge walked in the lobby with some other people.:hyper:
I approached Bono but kind of held back to see if he would welcome me in, and he looked at me and said come here and motioned me closer where I told him that I have been a fan for 18 years, he asked me if I wanted to have something signed, and I said I would love to have a picture. He said sure and posed with me. Then he took my War album cover, and he glanced over to my hand looking for a pen, and when he noticed I had both a red and a black sharpie, he said "you are color coordinated" and laughed:lol:He took the red sharpie, and drew sunglasses on the boy, and also a cigarette in his mouth And then he took the 8x10 photo, and signed Bono in the corner.:)
While he was signing, I was trying to think of a question that I could ask him about the album, and this time (unlike the last time when all I could say was thank you over and over again), I asked him if Fast Cars will be on the box set and he told me "Yes it is, do you like that one?" And I said "Well I haven't heard it yet, but I can't wait" and he smiled and said "Darling, watch out for Mercy, you will love it, its one of my favorites" :combust:
I said something like so you are sure that you will come to San Jose during the tour, and he said ofcourse we are.
My mom showed him the pic she got with Bono last time we met him in LA, and he asked her what her name was and signed her picture too. My mom told him that she appreciates what he does for his fans and Bono responded "You will never see me in a bad mood".
And then he said goodbye, and left to chat with people in the lobby.
My boyfriend and friend both stood back the entire time and just watched me enjoy my moment with Bono. It was an incredible experience as always and I was glad I could share it with them and my mom. And thanks to mom for taking our picture
Today, I decided to go to the California Theatre about noon just for a last glimpse with my girlfriend. There were about 50 people or so, and I stayed to the back so that those who were waiting, could have their moment with Bono and Edge too. Bono and Edge came out at around 2, and at that time people all started to cram in around them, I stayed in the back and just enjoyed watching people meet them for the 1st time. It was wonderful!
I didn't have my camera, plus since I was in the back I couldn't have taken good pictures anyways, but I did exchange emails with some great fans who I hope will send me their pictures. Bono looked great today with his straw hat on
It was a wonderful experience I will never forget!
And I can't wait to hear Mercy!!:combust::love::combust:

Attachments

• imag0164.jpg
    imag0164.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS!!

That's a great story. Wow, you really held your composure and asked him some great questions.

You really should post about Fast Cars being in the Box Set. (My only fear is that he doesn't know what he's talking about.)

And wow, he actually mentioned Mercy.

Super Cool Picture also.

Thanks for sharing!!

U2SJ, could you post your pic so that those of us who aren't premium members can see it?

I know a lot of us would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your story. ;)

Congrats on your meeting!!

Would love to see your photo please!!

Bono get your arse back to Dublin!!!

it is a song that bono described in blender "as the best b-side you have ever heard" or something along those lines - one of the songs they cut from the album because u2 felt the album was too long (as if!)
Betting money it will be released on the box set

Great Story - all of these meeting just reinforce my belief that Bono and u2 are amazing guys!

Last edited:
Hi guys! :wave:
Thanks for the kind messages, it was an amazing experience for me!!
Im sorry some of you can't see the pic. Could I email it to someone and you could post it for me? I don't have any way to post it from work, and my FTP program at home isn't working! :help:

I can upload it and post it :wave:

89eabae3.jpg

Last edited:
You are too lucky girl! That's cool that all of the family members tagged along (yours and Bono's and Edge's LOL) :) And yet another loverly pic for your collection - congrats! :hug: So were you the only fans at the hotel?!?

Last edited:
BLS on Monday night I literally was the only fan there, so I was extremely lucky :yes:
hotpepper I will pm you :)
Thanks to everyone else who read my story :)

Congratulations! I am so happy for you :hyper: :happy: :hug:

Here is an avatar of this meeting if you ever want to use it!

avu2sj2.jpg

awww thats great! Lucky thing! There are so many great stories and pictures floating around at the moment.

Bono is just amazing! :heart:

Lady!!

I just found this post. It was cool meeting you that day! I was wondering what your experience was, I'm glad you posted. My GOD your story is so great!! A midnight romp with Bono. :wink: Your picture with him is rad! So gorgeous, you two!

I'm so happy for you. :D :hug:

Back
Top Bottom