The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger_luver64

Acrobat
:sad: WHY!:sad: Guys, I dont want Edge to smoke anymore... or anyone in the band to. I was watching my new U2 movie I bought yesterday and I seen Edge smoking... I already new he did, but I never seen him smoking.... I got all choked up and started crying, I dont know why. I know its probley stupid that I cryed but I was so sad. I need to be cheered up badly, I cant get over them smoking. :sad: :( :sad:

i kno its sad. maybe we can think of something nice to cheer you up, like edges funny dancing or bono attempting to dance:(

Bono dancing?

Shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture :dance:

bonodance.jpg

tiger_luver64 said:
:sad: WHY!:sad: Guys, I dont want Edge to smoke anymore... or anyone in the band to. I was watching my new U2 movie I bought yesterday and I seen Edge smoking... I already new he did, but I never seen him smoking.... I got all choked up and started crying, I dont know why. I know its probley stupid that I cryed but I was so sad. I need to be cheered up badly, I cant get over them smoking. :sad: :( :sad:

:hug: I know, it upsets me too. I wish all four of them would stop smoking. But you can not make anybody stop smoking; I know this from experience. Even if a botanical plague wiped out the worldwide tobacco crop, determined smokers would find a way to feed their habit. :( No amount of pleading from family or friends will make them change their minds; they have to do it themselves.

tiger_luver64 said:
:hmm: from what I know, actually, Edge doesn?t smoke.

tiger_luver64 said:
madamadam, the movie is The Best of 1990-2000. Ive wanted it forever, and I love it. Except that one part.

i have to watch it again :ohmy: cos i can't remember where we can see him smoking :eybrow:

but tiger, i don't like seeing them smoking :sad: every cigarette they smoke takes away 11minutes of their life :sad:

god, now, i feel myself going down :(

I don't think that any of them really smoke that much...except maybe Adam & I think he's either quit or cut back a lot. I remember thinking whenever I watched the Slane DVD that it was the first time I'd ever watched a U2 concert that I didn't see Adam with a cigarette in his mouth the whole time. I think if it was really an addiction with them, we would see a lot more pics of all of them with cigarettes. Try not to let it worry you too much, Tiger. These guys know how important their health is.:hug:

yeah 11 minutes per cigarette.... but once u stop smoking, your minutes (or years it depends how long you've been smoking) come back very quickly :hug:

adam had a bubble-gum on the Slane DVD, that's really cooler than a cigarette :lol:

Billie Midol said:
Does Bono still smoke? That has to be rough on his voice to say the least..:(

Yes, unfortunately, he does. :madspit: Some recent pics of him show a huge ugly cigar in his mouth. And yes, it is bad for his voice, and he damn well knows it, but tobacco is a vicious addiction and takes a lot of willpower to quit.

Sue DeNym said:

Yes, unfortunately, he does. :madspit: Some recent pics of him show a huge ugly cigar in his mouth. And yes, it is bad for his voice, and he damn well knows it, but tobacco is a vicious addiction and takes a lot of willpower to quit.

It is so hard to quit. I've watched my Mom try (and fail :( ) many times. I hate to sound preachy, but for any of the teens reading this thread - please, please don't ever start smoking :(

Sue DeNym said:

You're right. It's very difficult to quit smoking .If you are a smoker ,you have to quit smoking for yourself. Ulltimately,you are the only one who stop yourself from smoking. No one else can do it for you.

I stopped smoking 11 years ago. It was not easy but I am not a preachy ex-smoker. I know better than anyone how addictive smoking is and I'll be honest, I enjoyed it when I used to smoke. I wish anyone trying to quit the best of luck. It will be difficult and even if you can't do it the first time around,keep trying . Eventually ,you will be able to quit...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom