2nd Annual PLEBA Convention... but where?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which city would you most likely attend?

• Chicago, IL

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Minneapolis, MN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland, OH

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • All Of The Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well girlies, it's about that time of year again (only six months early) to start planning this year's convention. Last year's was a whole lot of fun (by the end of the first night we'd laughed so much that our stomaches hurt). For the complete story, see this thread: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61334
Everyone is welcome, Plebans and non alike, but we don't want to hear any laments about giggling girls :tongue:

First thing's first, what city is it going to be in?
We've got it narrowed down to three...

1. Chicago, IL
Last year's convention was in Chicago. U2 likes Chicago, it's good for shopping, museums, aquarium, it's just Chicago-licious.

2. Minneapolis, MN
...I really don't know much about Minneapolis... there's some people pulling to have it there, so I'm adding it. Advantages that I know of: I've heard residents describing it as "just like Chicago," plus, the Mall of America is there. Disadvantages: Not only do U2 hate Minneapolis, I've heard the same residents describe it as "the sucktastic suck suck place of ever."

3. Cleveland, OH
My personal favorite :yes: Why? The U2 exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is changing in the month of June; the fourth floor is going from an Anton Corbijn photo gallery to "the look of U2." I think this would be great for anyone planning on going in the summer to just have us all take a trip, as well as those going this spring to come back for the revised exhibit.

However, you don't have to take my obviously biased advice, pick the one you're most likely to attend :D Either way it'll be great fun.
It was determined last year that the most people can attend sometime in July (plus it's warm)... we'll work out the actual date later, as well as form an email list so we can quit clogging up the forum.
Questions? Please post, so all can be informed

Disclaimer: The PLEBA convention is not sponsored or endorsed by Interference or Joel Tanner in any way, it's just easier to say than "the convention arranged by and for those who frequent the PLEBA forum on interference.com and others who wish to attend."

:hyper:

I don't care where it is.....

Any of those three are good....well, actually....

I'd say either Chicago or Cleveland. Its much cheaper to get to those two cities.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
:hyper:

I don't care where it is.....

Any of those three are good....well, actually....

I'd say either Chicago or Cleveland. Its much cheaper to get to those two cities.

Oh, well if YOU'RE going.........forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:| :mad: :|

:laugh: :wave:

:hug:

sprachlos027.gif

yes please, due to the fact that I forgot to check the "yes! post a poll!" box... thanks bonochick :hug:

but also please post and say what you voted for, if you wouldn't mind :D

cleveland.

GO BROWNS!

it's only a 2 hr drive for me.

I think I might even be able to convince Digi and Ed to show up, too!

hey girls. i also voted for cleveland because of all the above mentioned reasons. kristie and i thought this would also be better because, except for the twin cities people, it's an easier location for a lot of people. although, i'm fine with chicago too.

if any of you guys live in or near any of these cities, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some pros of each place (things to do, etc)...my email is u2babyface9@yahoo.com

i'm ready to convene!!

I voted Cleveland, and my second choice is Chicago.
Akorse, I'll try to go wherever it is. :D

:hyper: WOOGHOO CONVENTION! :dance:

*points at Mona's sig*
'E's go' a moufful o' cookies! (no, the point wasn't that I can read.)
BWAHAHA
:lmao:
Left fa' dead!
:laugh:
You have no idea how long it took me to figure that out when I heard it.
:shifty: Not that I...tried....
*ahem*

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

MOOOOOOONAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Ultraviolet Light said:
*points at Mona's sig*
BWAHAHA
Left fa' dead!
*ahem*

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a Ryan sig and avatar back....methinks I must go change!!!!!

Ultraviolet Light said:
*points at Mona's sig*
BWAHAHA
Left fa' dead!
*ahem*

I thought'd it be sweet to pair the solemn pic of Ryan with that recockulous statement :lol:

:mad: It's on "Bona Drag"

:shifty: Bonochick, wot's wit Tim Allen anyway?

It's weird bc I think I watched like 10 episodes of "Home Improvement" this week. I used to be in love with Jonathan Taylor Thomas :reject:

Last edited:
Ultraviolet Light said:

*ahem*

and it wasn't a joint effort or anything...nope...:uhoh:

As fer the matter at hand, obviously if I had to choose a location, I'd pick Chicago. But Cleveland is also a cool city and it has the added bonuses of the U2 exhibit and the fact that it looks like a lot more people could come if we hold it there. So yeah. If you needed a recap of the thread, there it is. :der:

Back
Top Bottom