26 years & JC finally met

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way...now you MUST change your avatar. Something like this would be good.

me2.jpg

:wink: :wink:

Yay, JC! When I first read about the book signing, I was really hoping you'd go there and get to meet them!

Congratulations JC! :hug: I can't even begin to tell you just how incredibly happy I am for you! Wtg with having your dream come true :hug:

Oh almost forgot,lol,the pictures are amazing! You and your guy look very good together :sexywink:

Ok I need to get a move on it with meeting them now,lol.

YOU SO EARNED THIS MOMENT!! :applaud: :applaud:

after 26 yrs! I can but imagine how you felt. :hyper: I haven't met them either yet and i'm also pushing the 20+ yrs. of wanting to.

THIS IS SO COOL! :rockon: :rockon: What a great pic of you and the Bman! :camera: It's beautiful. I would have fainted !:faint:

Awesome story. I'm so happy for you!! :dancing:

Jeannieco said:
Great story JC, way to go! We are all living through you! Congrats! I can't believe it took you 26 years to meet them!

I am curious how many times you tried before meeting them yesterday.....
A picture with the B man! AWESOME!
You go girl!

I tried to meet them 3 x before. Over the years it just seemed so out of reach, but have to thank everyone here for all the information thats posted, If I didn't have that, I dont know if I ever would have gotten to meet them.

:bow: Interference

JCOSTER said:

I tried to meet them 3 x before. Over the years it just seemed so out of reach, but have to thank everyone here for all the information thats posted, If I didn't have that, I dont know if I ever would have gotten to meet them.

:bow: Interference

That's great! Yes, this place is great for all things U2.
Hopefully I will be able to have an encounter in Hawaii.
That will be my first show I cannot wait!
19 years of being a fan and I have yet to see them live!
Just like you,,, life circumstances get in the way don't they?
Life is too short so I thought, what the heck, I am going for it! (plane ticket ect to Hawaii cha ching)
We could all be dead tomorrow the way this world is going, so we better live it up while we can right?? So happy for you!!!:wink: :rockon:

Now you've gone and dunn it , I'm pms'ing so as I'm reading
your story I'm balling my eyes out !!! I'm so happy for you
:wave: I titled your pic jcoster&bono .

JC, like I said before, if you weren't so damn sweet I'd kill you out of jealousy! Your pics are fabulous and thanks for sharing!

:hug:

*Mot wonders if 26 years of fanlust is the magic number for getting to meet them* :wink:

Last edited:
:applaud: Absolutely fantastic story and even more fabulous pics, JC!! Now we see what you look like! I am so jealous of all of you who had the opportunity to meet the band at the book signings! Hopefully one day I will have my chance.

I just love the chin scar on Bono too, and the short shaved hair is so :drool: :drool: :drool:

Re: 26 years & JC finally met Bono!!

JCOSTER said:
I hopped the 7:15am train to Penn Station, got in at 8am, walked 17 blocks to the B & N store and got online at about 8:20.

They didn't give out bracelets yet, I waited and waited and finally someone came around and said there will be no more bracelets handed out you can form a line to buy the book. So thats what I did.

As I'm standing on line, who pulls up to the curb but Circa1992 and her family!!!! They are the nicest family! So, Circas mom got her bracelet and onto the 4th floor where the signing was. I didn't recognize anyone else except U2forlife who was at the head of the line and Headache, (he's a tall one).

At this time I had a few hours to hang around, the store and hung with circa and her family and met another girl and her dad who were really nice too. Paige wanted here Coexist headband signed so she could sell it and donate it to an African orphanage.

This poor girl and her dad traveled from upstate NY and got on line at 11:30 last night and didn't get a bracelet. She was so upset and no one would help her get her Coexist headband to Bono.

Every security person told you a different story so all we had to do was figure out where they were entering.

It felt like forever, but Paiges dad checked around the corner at the back entrance and sure enough thats where they were entering.

Luckily we got a place by the rail, and who comes out to check things out but Big John Bono sec. guard.

I cannot even begin to tell you how unbelievable nice and cool he is. Paige told him about the headband and circa told him about her hats and picture, and Big John told them he direct Bono over our way.

The band pulled up all together, I tried not to loose it. I really was afraid I was going to faint, and I tried to stop shaking so I can take pictures. They all got out, first Edge, who signed my military jacket on the arm and then stole my pen!

Then.............:love: He is everything and more! So kind, doesn't miss a beat, it seemed like he heard everything and saw everything!

While Bono was signing things Larry and Adam came out and Adam kinda went right in and Larry hung around a little longer but soon he was in too.

So I asked Bono to sign, my Edun jeans and he said Oh! like he was a little surprised someone was wearing them and he said yeah I will sign your Eduns so I slipped my leg through the rails.
Thank God it fit cause the rails were up to my ribs!
So he signed my leg Bono vox after I had to get my pen back from Edge who wandered off with it. I said hey Edge can I have my pen back, Bono needs it. He said yeah sure! and came over and gave it back, he said (about Bono) he gets all the good stuff, and Bono just grinned.

I asked Big John if he could take a picture. He did, but people on the other side kept calling him so he wasn't looking at the camera, he was looking at was going on. He leaned back on me to take the picture, I thought I was a gonner!!! When I showed my son the picture he said MOM! Bono is touching your hair, this Bono hair!!!

So, hes sooooo awsomely cute! Love the hair love the jacket, you can see his blue eyes through the glasses and when he was signing my jeans I didn't even think he looked at me but he said & I thought I had blue eyes, I didn't say anything I was just in awe.

After the picture I said Thank you Bono I love you, He said Love You and turned and said good bye to everyone.

There a piece of the story missing that Circa will have to fill everyone in on.
me2.jpg

me & Bono

Hey, just come back home from school and catching up on all the news I missed during the week, I'm so happy for you! :hyper: You finally, after all these years, got to me Bono and Edge!! I feel like jumping up and down and going SQUEEEEEE!!! :hyper: :hyper: Wonderful story and fabulous pics especially the one with you and Bono, you're sooo pretty and you look so happy!! I bet Bono felt well chuffed to sign the leg of such a gorgeous babe!!! :sexywink:

My picture of him grinning is the response I got when I asked him to sign my jeans....that picture is going in a frame!!

thanks for the compliments...it was a long day! But I would do it again in a heart beat!

Back
Top Bottom