2013 Misc New U2 Pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hola, Galeongirl! :D :wave: :D

Yeah, Bono's a good lookin' chap. I wish I looked as good as he does now :fist: I figure this section of the forum is as good a place as any to make that declaration--I'm with like-minded people here :wink:

What?! Who says you're not good-looking either? :wink:

Just a hypothesis. Sorry if it bothers you.

it doesn't "bother" me, and no, it's not a hypothesis, it's weird and inappropriate

you guys are talking about B-man like he's a piece of meat - it's horrible actually...

and if it were a bunch of guys saying this stuff about a pretty girl, the feminists in here would be up in arms...

BCsMcogCIAAdr_a.jpg:large

Hmm, I guess I don't feel it's all that inappropriate- for one, its all in good fun. I think I can assume that most of us on this board have nothing but the highest respect for Bono.

Secondly, he does have a very strong sexual energy- he's even admitted to that himself (I think I read in U2 by U2 that fortune tellers always run away screaming from him because of his very strong red aura, and isn't a red aura a sign of passion and sexual energy? I may be making that up... ). I'd say he's based a good part of his performance career on expressing that energy- he talks about how Mick Jagger taught him how to flirt with an audience. So saying that man or woman, gay or straight, that sexual energy is apparent to everyone, isn't really that far off, IMO.

Now saying that I'd like him to (insert deviant sexual activity) to/for/at/with me might be a tad inappropriate, but I don't think this conversation has gotten that disgusting. :shrug: I've heard a lot worse.

But different people have different sensitivities, so mama cass, not trying to offend you further :hug:

I've seriously never heard that part about the fortune tellers :lol:

But I agree about his sexual energy :sexywink:

That Edge picture .... where was it taken? A Grammy pre-party? The show is taking place tonight.

oh and also, can we move this discussion somewhere else? This is a picture thread! If you don't like what's being said or if you don't like what's been said to you then take it to the private messages but don't start a war with words in a PICTURE thread!

Hmm, I guess I don't feel it's all that inappropriate- for one, its all in good fun. I think I can assume that most of us on this board have nothing but the highest respect for Bono.

Secondly, he does have a very strong sexual energy- he's even admitted to that himself (I think I read in U2 by U2 that fortune tellers always run away screaming from him because of his very strong red aura, and isn't a red aura a sign of passion and sexual energy? I may be making that up... ). I'd say he's based a good part of his performance career on expressing that energy- he talks about how Mick Jagger taught him how to flirt with an audience. So saying that man or woman, gay or straight, that sexual energy is apparent to everyone, isn't really that far off, IMO.

He has definitely based his career on sexual energy. I think he learned very early on how to use that energy. He also has that strong, passionate, intense Scorpio moon which I'm sure in addition to a red aura is what those fortune tellers were reacting to! And the fact he's a Taurus. Whew! There's a combination!

check out his birthchart here:

Horoscope AstroClick Portrait - Astrodienst

If you click on the astrological symbols it will tell you what it all means. It's interesting whether you believe in this stuff or not.

Now I have to go research the meaning of a red aura!

Oh, Edge and Daniel Day-Lewis in one picture? I want more ;)
Maybe it was taken after the Dublin Lincoln première at a private party?!

Oh, Edge and Daniel Day-Lewis in one picture? I want more ;)
Maybe it was taken after the Dublin Lincoln première at a private party?!

I was just going to say the same since Lewis, Spielberg, and Edge are the only ones I recognize! That is if it's new. Edge always looks so ageless to me, if someone told me that was from The Gangs of NY movie I'd totally believe it. :reject:

Wasn't there an event recently where they had a charity auction and Kate Capshaw bought Bono's art? I see her there now too, so maybe it was from that?

Now saying that I'd like him to (insert deviant sexual activity) to/for/at/with me might be a tad inappropriate

yep that's what i found inappropriate, it's completely different to saying a performer has this amazing energy, charisma etc.

and jeevey's "hypothesis" was just strange! does that mean if my hub says he doesn't find B sexy, that he is really underneath trying to conceal a MASSIVE ERECTION?!

there is that inappropriate enough now? waits to get banned :D

And for the Bono discussion: I had the impression the comment about the guys was meant ironically. Seriously I don't see that at all. If anything, it might be erotic envy.

And Bono certainly has a very strong energy, it's what Freud calls the Eros, it's not only sexual, but also connected to a very strong character, will and personality. It's the energy behind him as a person, not only as a performer, but also as a political person, campaigner and so on.

I don't think it's fair to assume that one person elicits the same reactions in everybody. As a straight female, I don't think of any of the members of U2 in a sexual manner. I agree with mama cass that it would be inappropriate for a woman to look at a man and immediately think, "Sex!" while ignoring the nonphysical aspects of him, just as it is certainly inappropriate for a man to view a woman in the same way.

There's a difference in how you say a picture of Bono makes you feel. I've always been rather uncomfortable with the many comments in here wondering what he's like in bed or how much the poster wants to tie him up or even the simple "Yum!" (I am not pointing at anyone here, as I don't keep track of who said what, or even the exact wording of posts.) There is a line between this and admitting that Bono is sexy. One makes him a piece of meat, and the other simply, in our (global) cultural language today, is just saying that he's good-looking.

That probably came across as offensive, but not everyone here wants to see Bono with his pants off, and assuming that everyone does stigmatizes those who really don't.

I'm sure jeevey didn't mean anything by it. It was a light-hearted remark; I didn't read anything into it until mama cass said something. I was just mentioning something that pertains to this part of the forum, not to anyone in particular here, not jeevey or anyone else. It's fun to see pictures of the band looking healthy and happy, but it's disrespectful to forget that they're human beings with their own sex lives.

oh and also, can we move this discussion somewhere else? This is a picture thread! If you don't like what's being said or if you don't like what's been said to you then take it to the private messages but don't start a war with words in a PICTURE thread!

:happy:

my point is this is a picture thread, not a thread to discuss what you think is right or wrong while talking about Bono or the rest of the guys.

Should we start a new thread, then? Or, of so, would that have to be moved out of PLEBA entirely because PLEBA isn't the place for it? PMs would turn into a back-and-forth between two people without any other input.

Or do we just not talk about this, period?

There's just nothing going on right now, and a thread discussing pictures is as good a place as any to discuss responses to pictures.

Should we start a new thread, then? Or, of so, would that have to be moved out of PLEBA entirely because PLEBA isn't the place for it? PMs would turn into a back-and-forth between two people without any other input.

Or do we just not talk about this, period?

There's just nothing going on right now, and a thread discussing pictures is as good a place as any to discuss responses to pictures.

I've been here for a long time and all I'm saying is no one likes it when people start in with meaningless conversations in picture threads. It's makes it very difficult to find the new, and rare at this point in time, pictures that are posted when we have to deal with this BS.

I'm out.....not gonna waste my time on this anymore. Argue all you want about whatever you want. Someone please send me a PM when a relevant post, as in picture, is posted in this thread. :|

I've been here for a long time and all I'm saying is no one likes it when people start in with meaningless conversations in picture threads. It's makes it very difficult to find the new, and rare at this point in time, pictures that are posted when we have to deal with this BS.

Okay. Sorry. Wading through all this probably irks you as much as certain comments irk me. It's not something to be brushed aside, though, as "meaningless conversations" are sometimes of topics that could not otherwise be expressed out of fear of causing tension around here. Not that I'm trying to, and I really am sorry if this has. I will drop it as you request, but I'm genuinely glad to at least be able to get a word out there of something that's been bugging me for a long while. But there, I said what I wanted to say, and I'm done. Back to pix.

I'm out.....not gonna waste my time on this anymore. Argue all you want about whatever you want. Someone please send me a PM when a relevant post, as in picture, is posted in this thread. :|

so lewd comments are meaningful and allowed in here then are they? and anyone expressing a different opinion that goes against the PLEBA grain, and hence deemed meaningless, is told to shut up? nice!

so lewd comments are meaningful and allowed in here then are they? and anyone expressing a different opinion that goes against the PLEBA grain, and hence deemed meaningless, is told to shut up? nice!

yep, that's EXACTLY what I said! :up: :rolleyes:

Quit your crying about "lewd" comments and report it to a mod if if bothers you so much.

My issue starts with the original post as well because it takes the thread off track but of course now I'm the bad one for asking that only pics be posted in a picture thread. I never singled you out so don't put words in my mouth about what I said when I asked for this to stop.

Quit your crying about "lewd" comments and report it to a mod if if bothers you so much.

:lol: says the one having a hissy fit and flouncing out of the thread

you're acting like a mod, shall i report it to you then?

Back
Top Bottom