2013 - 2014 Misc New U2 Pics (Holiday Edition)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh well that lovely photo of Bono I posted the other day didn't seem to impress anyone, judging by the total lack of response!? :reject: Hoping the following pics I just came across are more to your liking....it looks like they're flying home to Dublin! Instagram http://s258.photobucket.com/user/luthienBono/media/temporary_zps931eeba6.jpg.html Instagram http://s258.photobucket.com/user/luthienBono/media/temporary_zps3267c04f.jpg.html

Nice find. Katherine is an Aussie entertainment reporter, so hopefully this is a sign that the media machine is starting up.

Thank you, Helen :)

I was wondering yesterday if Bono or all of U2 will be going to South Africa now for the Nelson Mandela memorial service next week. I'll be very surprised if at least Bono won't be present.

that group picture is great ! larry is smiling, adam's shirt is barely buttoned...i approve!

:up: Super cute.

They all went to Seamus Heany's funeral, right? I expect they'll all be at Mandela's, especially with the connection of the song.

Thank you, Helen :)

I was wondering yesterday if Bono or all of U2 will be going to South Africa now for the Nelson Mandela memorial service next week. I'll be very surprised if at least Bono won't be present.

Yeah, I've been wondering too if Bono/U2 will be going to Mandela's funeral with coming weekend?! :hmm: And also would be very surprised, if Bono doesn't show up!

!

Don't know when this was recorded:

Mandela : l'hommage de U2

Thanks for finding this! :up: According to the text underneath the video, this was recorded yesterday. The full quote in the second paragraph reads "Bono and The Edge speak about the death of their friend Madiba in New York last night." Could have been around the same time the photos I posted were taken, and looks like there all wearing the same clothes as in the pics. :hmm:

^ Looks like the same clothes. I haven't seen anything about them being at JFK or leaving NY, so I think they were just doing a series of interviews somewhere in the city.

Well, the reason why I assumed they might be on their way back to Dublin, was that Katherine Tulich added the location of where she took the photos, and it looked like to me, they were somewhere near or right JFK airport? But I could be wrong it my assumption!! :shrug:

From U2NT

1480690_605944036131469_74326476_n.jpg

It isn't the roof of Electric Lady studios, is it? Because that was the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures. I thought: Oh wow, they are still recording. Anyway, good to see all four of them together again!

Babyface, I see something that belongs in the Edge thread. Would you like to do the honors?

Apparently we all did! Maybe this is related to the headline about the 'hesitant' promotion of Ordinary Love? Wow, what a beautiful shoot that is, though.

^Lovely pictures. But when was this? This is the first time I'm hearing anything about a press conference. Obviously U2 didn't announce the new album, otherwise it would be all over the forum and social media.

Edit: There apparently was some sort of press conference about Ordinary Love and the Mandela movie and soundtrack with various journalists from different media. The band answered questions about their relationship to Mandela. The same quotes from that PC are published today in several newspapers, including one in my home country.

Excellent! I can get them without the watermarks a little later. They just showed up in the last few hours because they weren't there last night!

Back
Top Bottom