2012's Misc Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well he's doing pretty well for an older dude. How many 51 year olds do you know that can pull a crowd of women who could've been his daughters like that? :wink: I don't know all that many!

tumblr_m2ab1gIY2g1r8s1zoo1_1280.jpg

Check out the eyes on the girl on the left--she looks like she's closing in for the kill! :lol:

I'm with you, GraceRyan--I'm glad no one takes photos of me when I'm on vacation, unless I want them to!

And Bono is "a younger man" to me. :D

hah. if anyone thinks the comments on interference are bad, clearly they are out of touch with what the rest of the internet has to say about Bono.

wow, what a bubble we live in here in the blue crack. lalala.

hah. if anyone thinks the comments on interference are bad, clearly they are out of touch with what the rest of the internet has to say about Bono.

wow, what a bubble we live in here in the blue crack. lalala.

Yup, can't say anything remotely negative about him here, apparently.

I pity those that go to youtube or tumblr and search for U2 comments. :wink:

At least Daily Mail hasn't had an article bashing his appearance yet, that must count for something. :hmm:

I'm still waiting for my wrinkles and rough face but I have days where I nevertheless look grim, worn out and tired. There are always those kind of days. :sad:

Having said that the light on those pictures isn't great, some of those young ladies even look spooky because of the light & shadow effect. Bono looks the same as the other 2012 pictures i've seen of him.

"Old." Pffffffftttt. Anybody who wants a young rock star, maybe Kurt Cobain will do the trick for you. He'll never get older.

Bono just keeps getting better looking. Maybe because his warmth and attractiveness radiates from the inside out.

Old doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing...

For people my age, Bono is old. And he'll only keep getting older and older.

Does that mean I can't be a fan anymore? :huh: Because it seems quite black and white here. I either have to bow down to God Bono and say happy words about everything he does, or I can have a normal, healthy, neutral look on his being and I have to shut up about that because some people don't agree?

The CMA video had horrible lighting, there's a giant dark shadow under his chin, the light was too harsh. No one would look good in that light. The pics from Tel Aviv, however, I think he looks fantastic. The pic with the young women is the youngest he's looked in a while.

"Old." Pffffffftttt. Anybody who wants a young rock star, maybe Kurt Cobain will do the trick for you. He'll never get older.

Bono just keeps getting better looking. Maybe because his warmth and attractiveness radiates from the inside out.

Yes, this is what I said to my husband who flinched and said "You'd choose him over me? He's looking rough these days."

Well, yes...like the song goes 'Some days are better than others'

I'm sure some days, I look younger and more put together and other days people are ready to turn me into food.

Old doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing...

For people my age, Bono is old. And he'll only keep getting older and older.

Does that mean I can't be a fan anymore? :huh: Because it seems quite black and white here. I either have to bow down to God Bono and say happy words about everything he does, or I can have a normal, healthy, neutral look on his being and I have to shut up about that because some people don't agree?

I know. Some users here make this place so 1984-ish. Others cannot express their genuine first reaction (in only a sentence or 2) to seeing new band member pics without being shot down/chastised by the self-appointed thought police. Of course everyone on interference is a fan, and they make their comments about how Bono's appearance without any malice.

Why do you think there are so many lurkers on interference (even PLEBA?). You can try blocking some high-strung users, but if others quote them... hooboy :|. Honestly, maybe those of us who just want to express our genuine reactions to seeing new band member pics should just post it on the original webpage (tmz or whatever). At least it's neutral talking ground there and you don't get 'scolded' for saying what you think. Shame about not being able to have a thriving discussion in one of the biggest fan forums.

The family photos from Jerusalem are beautiful, the ones with his two boys are especially sweet. They looks like a really close family and the boys are handsome. Eli will be taller than his dad soon, not that it's that difficult.

And no, I don't care about Bono getting older, we all do, but sometimes I feel people forget what kind of life the man is living. It's more like he's living two or three lives, not only one. Most people would have to live 300 years and not be able to achieve what he has achieved. I don't think he gets much rest, he never stops working, he's restless. His lifestyle and his character is showing in his face, and it's not a bad thing. I look older on many days because of stress and not enough sleep.

I like to see celebrities ageing in dignity, that's something really rare these days. I DON'T like fans complaining about Bono or anyone else in the band getting old, because that's ridiculous and it means denying reality. Some people act as if they NEVER have a bad day and always look fresh and young. If so, they should be congratulated, because I have no idea how to do that if you have a busy life. I'm much more worried about Bono not taking enough rest, not taking care of himself (I hope Ali does) than about him showing some wrinkles.

Why are you making up excuses for him? He doesn't need you to go on here and do that. He doesn't give a shit if people on the internet think he looks old. What's the point? I don't get it...

Galeongirl said:
Why are you making up excuses for him? He doesn't need you to go on here and do that. He doesn't give a shit if people on the internet think he looks old. What's the point? I don't get it...

He doesn't care what I think? Well what's the point?

***hands in über fan card

As long as you buy his cds and scream at him when he's on stage, I'm sure he'll survive if you think he's gained a little weight off tour. :wink:

Galeongirl said:
As long as you buy his cds and scream at him when he's on stage, I'm sure he'll survive if you think he's gained a little weight off tour. :wink:

Okay, as long as he doesn't say that about me. That shit's not right.

I don't really understand the whole "old" thing, why reaching 35 or 40 or 50 and beyond is something negative. The alternative is to be dead. Maybe it's some visceral reaction to a fear of death. The Bono comments are mild compared to the crazy things I've seen on other sites about the "ancient" Madonna. Bono gets slammed like a girl for his weight, too.

At the end of the day though, it's not what Bono looks like that I love, really. I mean, yes he's hot and all, and I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers, but there's something beyond him being a hot guy that pulls you in and keeps you there.

Remember when my other husband Gerard Butler got slammed for his weight gain and loss? I think when you are in the public eye, you are scrutinized for what you wear, your hair and the state of your wrinkles.

I'm sure I get slammed by peers for that stuff 'wow, so-and-so has gained some weight' and 'what the funk is going on with her hair'. The difference is that people aren't blogging about my stuff....or I don't think that they are.

Back
Top Bottom