2006 Q Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
72299215.jpg

Last edited:
Great 1st pic! :bow:

I was listening to the Q awards all afternoon on radio 1 and it sounded ace apart from U2 not winning best live act :madspit: :down: :tsk:

However, it was really funny hearing Bono talk to Edith Bowman and he said that they were leaving in a matter of hours to head to Brisbane so they're next stop is indeed Oz! :wink:

When Edith said to him that Edge was such a lovely man, Bono made a joke that he was in fact a mass murderer who had lots of bodies under his bed!!!! :lmao: :giggle: :shh:

Thanks for the lovely pics! Does any one know if U2 won 'Best Act in The World today' award? I do hope Oasis didn't beat them!! :ohmy:

Although I don't understand how come Oasis was also up for this award in the first place?!? I mean what exactly have they been doing lately to earn 'Best Act the World Today' accolade? Don't get me wrong, I like Oasis, I think they've written some great songs and I bought their first three albums but that was back in the mid-1990s!! Being stuck out here in the back of beyond, I don't get to hear everything about all what goes on in the music scene. So have Oasis produced any really good albums lately or been on tour recently?! :slant:

And even if they have, that still doesn't compare to U2s back catalogue and tour track record, in my humble opinion! So how Q came about to even nominating Oasis in this catergory with U2, is beyond me!! :shrug:

susanp6 said:
Great 1st pic! :bow:

Bono made a joke that he was in fact a mass murderer who had lots of bodies under his bed!!!! :lmao: :giggle: :shh:

Excellent :lol:

Lets hope we get a "trip report" from our PLEBA roving reporters later :drool: I couldn't get the day off :madspit: @ Work

hcbiggs2002 said:
Thanks for the lovely pics! Does any one know if U2 won 'Best Act in The World today' award? I do hope Oasis didn't beat them!! :ohmy:

Although I don't understand how come Oasis was also up for this award in the first place?!? I mean what exactly have they been doing lately to earn 'Best Act the World Today' accolade? Don't get me wrong, I like Oasis, I think they've written some great songs and I bought their first three albums but that was back in the mid-1990s!! Being stuck out here in the back of beyond, I don't get to hear everything about all what goes on in the music scene. So have Oasis produced any really good albums lately or been on tour recently?! :slant:

And even if they have, that still doesn't compare to U2s back catalogue and tour track record, in my humble opinion! So how Q came about to even nominating Oasis in this catergory with U2, is beyond me!! :shrug:
Yep. Oasis are still putting out great albums and I saw them twice on tour in the last year.

I still think U2 should have won though :madspit:

They have been on tour recently and I guess the last album was about as recent as HTDAAB. But they don't seem to be around lately in the public eye nearly as much as U2. I like them both, but next to U2? Don't come close

"The big winners of the day were Oasis and U2. Oasis took home the award for Best Act in the World Today along with the Classic Songwriter Award for Noel Gallagher. U2's The Edge collected the Q Innovation in Sound Award, with U2 receiving the special one-time-only Q Award Of Awards: Band of Bands accolade for polling most votes from Q readers through the history of the Q Awards"

http://www.qawards.co.uk/qawards/

They have just shown Jonathan Ross shaking hands with Bono & Adam on the news. It will be on the ITV news here in the UK at 10.30, as Jonathan has put his foot in it again and put down Lady Mucka :huh:

Edgette said:
"The big winners of the day were Oasis and U2. Oasis took home the award for Best Act in the World Today along with the Classic Songwriter Award for Noel Gallagher. U2's The Edge collected the Q Innovation in Sound Award, with U2 receiving the special one-time-only Q Award Of Awards: Band of Bands accolade for polling most votes from Q readers through the history of the Q Awards"

http://www.qawards.co.uk/qawards/

Thanks for the info! :wave: 'Band of Bands' accolade eh?!? :hmm: I know always voted for U2 every time they were up for an award at Q! :D

Anji said:
They have just shown Jonathan Ross shaking hands with Bono & Adam on the news. It will be on the ITV news here in the UK at 10.30
Thanks! I have ITV, now I just have to remember to watch it ;-)

ramblin rose said:
q2006_larry_160.jpg

This picture was posted on zootopia.

With a quote from Larry:

http://news.q4music.com/2006/10/u2s_last_qs.html

This will be our last Q Awards" states U2 sticksman Larry Mullen as the band accept The Award of Awards. "Because we can't afford to fly The Edge over from LA." Bono intervenes to give a rather more eloquent thank you.

Um.. Holy Crap is Larry wearing a suit jacket.... sigh... I hope there are more pics like this to see.. or maybe someone has video? I understand Larry also presented the first award to Gnarls Barkley for Crazy... anyone? anyone?

I think that the aussie's etc may praise themselfs very lucky, they will get a refreshed, great looking U2 playing there, blowing the roof.

ramblin rose said:
q2006_larry_160.jpg

This picture was posted on zootopia.

With a quote from Larry:

http://news.q4music.com/2006/10/u2s_last_qs.html

This will be our last Q Awards" states U2 sticksman Larry Mullen as the band accept The Award of Awards. "Because we can't afford to fly The Edge over from LA." Bono intervenes to give a rather more eloquent thank you.
everyone looks SOOO good in this picture!
tahnks for posting that!
does anyone have a bigger version? i need more of thos goodness! hahah i love larry's quote <3
yay for our boys!

Back
Top Bottom