20 Years Ago Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Bono's Dad is flown over to watch the band play in Atlanta. Bono has pre-arranged with lighting technicians to shine a spotlight on his Dad when Bono introduces him to the crowd. When it happens, Bono's Dad stands up and gives Bono the finger!

I love that story - rest in peace Mr. Hewson

Does a photo of this exist?

Erm... I was JUST reading this on the new book, and the story there is that it happened in Texas and he shook his fist, not flipped him off...

What is your source?

Ive read it both ways...as told by Bono himeself....Bono tends to change facts a bit...

Like the Adam story in 1987 when Adam stood between Bono and the crowd durning the death threat, Bono supposedly is quaoted as saying...
"and when I opened my eyes, I see Adam stading in front of me...
and I dont even like the bastard,
and the other quote is something like " and I opened my eyes and I see Adam standingbetweenhe and the crowd, then he says something like who else would do this for you??..*somthing to that effect...stories tend to change...does anyone knwo the other quote??

From Neil McCormick’s book “Killing Bono – I was Bono’s Doppelganger”.

NeilMac.jpg

I have both laughed and cried when I read this.
Did I mention that I think everybody should read this book?

Great book..Ive read it...I kind of became a Neil fan I both cheered and booed for him....I still would like to hear his music from when he was with Ivan and his bands, I know that there are some on his website but does anyone know where else I can hear more of the Undertakers..ect..??

that's sad :(

Maybe his Dad was just the typically reserved older Irishman , I think from what Bono has said that they made a sort peace w/ each other before he died. Maybe the Bono In Conversation book talks more about that subject. I'm hoping to read it this weekend.

I love the parts in U2 At The End Of The World that talk about Bono's Dad.

MrsSpringsteen said:
that's sad :(

Maybe his Dad was just the typically reserved older Irishman

Yes, that's what I think. My dad's like that too, I mean he became like at a certain point of his live. I know that he loves me but it's not easy living with someone that can not show affection for you.
I can say that I know how he felt.:|

Back
Top Bottom