19/08 Earls Court ELEVATED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonovation

The Fly
Just back from the most incredible show I have ever seen...

Opening Act(s): PJ Harvey

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, Discotheque / Staring at the Sun, Kite, New York, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, All I Want is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, With or Without You, Angel of Harlem, One, Walk On

Even before the opening bars of Elevation the crowd were going mad. I was in the heart just by the tip where Bono & Edge to the bullfighting bit during UTEOW, both of them must have been about 4 feet away....

The crowd were fantastic and sung their hearts out for the entire show. AIWIY and Angel of Harlem were particularly brilliant, oh and Pride and One and WOWY (...you get my drift)

The band seemed to be in very good spirits, Bono esp...lots of smiles and witty remarks. He voice was again on top form....

Just fantastic. It may of been that I was in the heart but for me it was sooooo much better than 18/08 (Just IMHO)

Roll on 21st
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

hows his dad did he mention him, ppl have been sayin bonos in higher spirits , last sunday he was in a state no smiles etc. i hope things are goin ok for him and his family.

------------------
****angel featured shadows on walls dusted gold****

p.s, its magical bein so close isnt it, watchin him walk around that track its like bein in the zoo waitin for the tiger to walk towards you and then watch its beauty as it walks right in front of you, well thats how i felt, not that bonos an animal , well actualy he probely is :p

------------------

Well, he didn't really give any further info other than that he was very sick
frown.gif

He did go on to say how he and his dad had not got on for most of his life but he had they had now made peace with each other (which got a huge cheer)

LOL!....he then went on to say that his dad was an opera singer and that he had a great tenor voice and that his dad had told Bono that if only he had a good voice he could have made something of himself (which also got a big cheer
smile.gif
)

Maybe, the high spirits were partly due to the buzz/connection between U2 and the audience tonight...his parting words were "you were just amazing, amazing, amazing"
biggrin.gif
. I feel really privledged to have been there tonight.

Oh, DUH!, forgot to mention that I bumped into Awakening and MissZooropa the line today both armed with very nice Pleba tags
biggrin.gif

So hello to them when they back.

I know what you mean, I think that's the closest I've ever been to Bono and I was too mesmerised to even try and get his attention. He was standing right in front of one the spotlights so he stopped it from blinding me and was silouhetted...ohmygod...what a moment that was.

He had his back to me quite a lot to so i got to admire him from all angles
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

He had his back to me quite a lot to so i got to admire him from all angles
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[/B][/QUOTE]

WAYHAY
biggrin.gif

glad you had a good time
smile.gif

------------------

Hey, does anybody know if the set on the 18th will be the same set on the 21st?

Cant wait!!!

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom