13/07 Amsterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yo.. awesome pics.. thanks so much... I was looking for cool pics in the Vertigo section (I was at that concert too), but as always.. PLEBA is the place to be :wink:

There's a post in Zootopia from a person identifying himself as "Martijn" - the 12 year boy pulled up on stage last night.

These ALL are INCREDIBLE pictures - Bono definitely was on fire last night. :combust:

anjarw said:
it said "the beginning of an end.. Thank you Bono! We're proud of you!"

got the first line from the BBC interview he did at gleneagles. everyone up front helped me to hold it up. he saw it, pointed at it and me and then put his hand to his heart. then a stupid security man came and i had to put it down. he told me he'd throw me out if i hold it up again. nobody knew why though, nobody complained about it or anything :eyebrow:

That's great that Bono saw it :up: :) and that the other people helped hold it up :applaud: .

Sounds like the security guy was drunk on his own power :madspit: .

Thank you for all the pics LostAtMoon :bow:.

Popmartijn said:
Me posting in PLEBA! :yikes:

Anyway, 3 more pictures from the first concert.

small_U2Amsterdam1063.jpg

SuutBono_small.jpg

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-07-13%20-%20Amsterdam%2FDSC02405.JPG

:hyper:

Yay for Marty's sis! :hyper:

Hi guys!:wave:
I'm back and so tired....I was at all three shows, first show front row in front of Adam, second show, second row in front of Bono and third show, second row in front of Edge.
So I'm a very very lucky girl!!!
the third show was really unbelievable with Miss Sarajevo..:drool:
but the first show is my dearest, because it was my fist u2 show ever....
I'll be back tomorrow with more details and some pictures!

U2Girl1978 said:
Found this on u2log.com

Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own (dedicated to Robert Paschal Hanvey, Gavin Friday’s father who passed away on July 13th. Bono ends song with a few of Mr Hanvey’s choice phrases.)

Prayers to Gavin Friday's family! :(

Oh man! That's so sad! I didn;t know Gav's dad had passed away! :(

Leetah said:
I'm back and so tired....I was at all three shows, first show front row in front of Adam, second show, second row in front of Bono and third show, second row in front of Edge.

ooh you must have been somewhere near me then, 2nd show right in front of bono. was the big guy who got up on stage at the 3rd show standing near you at the 2nd show? he was right next to me.

anjarw said:

ooh you must have been somewhere near me then, 2nd show right in front of bono. was the big guy who got up on stage at the 3rd show standing near you at the 2nd show? he was right next to me.

yes, he was standing near me!I was behind the 'hells angels' type of guy who was at the show with his wife.And I saw you!
I also saw you when I was in line, you were also in G weren't you?
I thought I heard you talking dutch and I was confused because I thought you were german?

Leetah said:

:wave: Hi Leetah! :hyper:

I definitely need the mp3 to this concert.

From u2log.com

Setlist and comments:
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation (extended version, Bono leads crowd in stands in arm waving)
New Year’s Day (Bono thinks Edge has changed the solo for first time in twenty years, Edge admits it was an accident.)
Beautiful Day (Bono picks strong man from front row to carry him while singing)
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
City Of Blinding Lights (Bono releases Mickey Mouse balloon found in audience: ‘Bye Mickey. Bye Pluto!’
Miracle Drug (Bono reads out Irish banner: ‘Cead mile failte. Aon, do, tri, ceathair déag. This is Dutch? Oh no. Irish. Gaelic. It means a million welcomes. A million. Thousand million. There are a lot of Irish people in this country. ‘Cause we love it here.’
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own (dedicated to Robert Paschal Hanvey, Gavin Friday’s father who passed away on July 13th. Bono ends song with a few of Mr Hanvey’s choice phrases.)
Love And Peace Or Else (Partly sung with Elvis-voice / moves)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo (Full song, full band. Dedicated to Theo van Gogh and Pim Fortuyn and London)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name (snippet of All You Need Is Love )
One-Unchained Melody (Bono thanks various people, especially Rabbi Soetendorp)

Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You (girl on catwalk)
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species (Full band, with Terry Lawless on keyboard. Dedicated to Xandra Brood and Herman Brood.)
Yahweh
‘40’

Hamish Hamilton and crew were on scene and filming bits and pieces, possibly a dry run for a shoot later this tour.

Leetah said:

yes, he was standing near me!I was behind the 'hells angels' type of guy who was at the show with his wife.And I saw you!
I also saw you when I was in line, you were also in G weren't you?
I thought I heard you talking dutch and I was confused because I thought you were german?

lol yeah i was at G. never talked dutch though, was just really glad that there was this austrian couple right next to me in line. so i was able to talk german with them all day long. got kind of boring with lots of people around you talking a language that you totally don't understand :huh:

Those are some EXCELLENT pics of U2 and their fans.

Everyone looks like they're having fun - especially Bono!

Thanks kelly.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom