Looking to trade for rare stuff - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Trading Post
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Looking to trade for rare stuff

Hey everybody,
I have the following shows that I'd like to trade for other rare material. I know a couple of these have already been mentioned by other members, but here they are anyway if anyone's interested:

1. Chicago 05-10-05 2CD - excellent audience
2. Philly 10-17 2 DVD - with Bruce
3. Pittsburgh 10-22 DVD

I am looking to trade these for other non-torrented and low-circulated material. E-mail me at one_cool_dude17 (at) juno (dot) com.

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Babyface

Local Time: 06:07 AM
Hi Ryan i sent an e-mail to you.
Will we set up another trade?

Old 03-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 12:07 AM
You've got mail dude!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by rasto
Hi Ryan i sent an e-mail to you.
Will we set up another trade?

I fired off a note to you also rasto!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
The Fly

You guys both have mail! Ü
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Hoarders suck, torrent that stuff for everybody to share and love and molest. No rare trades allowed.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by sharebear
Hoarders suck, torrent that stuff for everybody to share and love and molest. No rare trades allowed.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
The Fly

That should be rare stuff.....good joke
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
Babyface

So its rare if you post it for open trade on a public board?

I think "rare" needs to be defined. These shows are definately making the rounds. I'm sure soon someone will go against the tapers wishes on 5-10 and post it on a torrent as well.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #10
The Fly

Ok, rare, IMO, would mean anything that has not been torrented or widely circulated. I think that's a no-brainer. Perhaps I should've worded it differently. If someone chooses to post it on a torrent site, they will only be screwing themselves as far as tapers releasing their material in the future. But I'm not going to beat a dead horse. This has been discussed many times. If you want rare - or rather - "uncirculated and non-torrented" material - and don't have anything to trade, do as others have said. Go tape a show yourself. I just happen to have some stuff that others want. I've been collecting for a long time and as a result, I have some material that hasn't been widely circulated. You know, it seems there's not much anyone can say on this board without being attacked! I haven't even said much until this point, but come on! Some of you are ridiculous. I don't necessarely agree with the idea of tapers holding on to their shows for "uncirculated or non-torrented" trades only, but I respect their wishes because they have done the work and it's their recording. I might even consider trading some of these shows for some not-so-rare stuff that I haven't bothered to get yet, but to those of you who do nothing but complain, I know you'd just throw it on a torrent site out of spite for the tapers. I trade with those who share the same respect for tapers. Ok, here we go - let the arguments begin.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #11
The Fly

Accidently posted twice. Sorry.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #12
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by one_cool_dude17
Ok, rare, IMO, would mean anything that has not been torrented or widely circulated. I think that's a no-brainer. Perhaps I should've worded it differently. If someone chooses to post it on a torrent site, they will only be screwing themselves as far as tapers releasing their material in the future. But I'm not going to beat a dead horse. This has been discussed many times. If you want rare - or rather - "uncirculated and non-torrented" material - and don't have anything to trade, do as others have said. Go tape a show yourself. I just happen to have some stuff that others want. I've been collecting for a long time and as a result, I have some material that hasn't been widely circulated. You know, it seems there's not much anyone can say on this board without being attacked! I haven't even said much until this point, but come on! Some of you are ridiculous. I don't necessarely agree with the idea of tapers holding on to their shows for "uncirculated or non-torrented" trades only, but I respect their wishes because they have done the work and it's their recording. I might even consider trading some of these shows for some not-so-rare stuff that I haven't bothered to get yet, but to those of you who do nothing but complain, I know you'd just throw it on a torrent site out of spite for the tapers. I trade with those who share the same respect for tapers. Ok, here we go - let the arguments begin.
Hey, I was joking with you. Thats what the laughing smilie with the wink was for in my post. I certainly wasnt attacking you? I'm not accusing you of possibly torrenting 5-10 against the tapers wishes either. I can just see its starting to get wide circulation and its probably only a matter of time. Thats all I was saying.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #13
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:07 AM
How about just passing this thread on by if you're not interested in trading with the thread starter. No need to trash the guy's thread.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
The Fly

Hey sorry all. I guess it was a moment of frustration. I thought I was being accused of being a hoarder. Believe me, if I had the taper's consent, I would share it. I am more than willing to do b&ps of anything I have that hasn't been limited by the tapers. Again, I apologize if I was out of line. I don't want to start any more arguments. - on me
Old 03-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #15
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by one_cool_dude17
Hey sorry all. I guess it was a moment of frustration. I thought I was being accused of being a hoarder. Believe me, if I had the taper's consent, I would share it. I am more than willing to do b&ps of anything I have that hasn't been limited by the tapers. Again, I apologize if I was out of line. I don't want to start any more arguments. - on me
No problem , sorry if I came off as confrontational in my post.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #16
The Fly

No problem. No hard feelings.