Zooropa Hits America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpoptop

The Fly
I know I wasnt the only one that spoke to Bono today before the show asking him where the zooropa songs are in the US. I had planned on saying something to him today, but be fore he had made his way down the fence at the UC I heard the word Zooropa a few times.
When Bono got to us, I gave him my Achtung Promo Glossy to get signed and then proceeded to ask him the question, "Why havent you played any Zooropa songs other than Stay in the US. With that being said he had hinted they where working on Dirty Day and another song. I then metion Daddy's Gonna Pay...and he says, 'You know that is a really good idea, You know that song was written about John Lee Hooker, and it would be perfect in Chicago. We could do it Chicago style.' He then sang Daddys gonna pay with like an Elvis voice. He then asked my name and said thanks.

Well thinking that Bono would just blow it off, It was a great suprise when he sang a tease of it after the ending of the Fly.

I think we may hear more from Zooropa in the weeks ahead. THere seemed to be a great interest for the songs today, and I think the band realises that we want to hear them. It was a great suprise to hear them pull out The First Time.

mrpoptop said:
[...]

When Bono got to us, I gave him my Achtung Promo Glossy to get signed and then proceeded to ask him the question, "Why havent you played any Zooropa songs other than Stay in the US. With that being said he had hinted they where working on Dirty Day and another song.

[...]

WHAT. :shocked:

They promised a lot of stuff for Europe too and all that was new was Miss Sarajevo... Wouldn't bet my money on it (even though Discotheque was already played)...

Last edited:
mrpoptop said:
With that being said he had hinted they where working on Dirty Day

Where's Chizip?

Oh, wait, I know. Lying on the floor after collapsing when he read that.

Neilz said:
They promised a lot of stuff for Europe too and all that was new was Miss Sarajevo... Wouldn't bet my money on it (even though Discotheque was already played)...

Did you miss the latest setlists? The First Time, Fast Cars, In A Little While, Walk On - and we know Mofo has been rehearsed.

I think part of the important thing here is that Europe was in stadiums and U2 seem to perceive they have more freedom to vary sets in arenas.

Axver said:

Did you miss the latest setlists? The First Time, Fast Cars, In A Little While, Walk On - and we know Mofo has been rehearsed.

I think part of the important thing here is that Europe was in stadiums and U2 seem to perceive they have more freedom to vary sets in arenas.

It's the confidence aspect too - they'd baulk from doing songs like Dirty Day and Fast Cars without decent rehearsal. I for one can all this recent experimentation as being nothing but a good thing when they finally make it down to the Southern Hemisphere. :D

:combust:

1.gif

Axver said:

haven't noticed The First Time indeed.... And what I was refering to were Zooropa/Pop songs.... Fast Cars is great and Mofo would be great, but In A Little While :roll:

All this on a night one show?

I'm in shock right now.

Can it possibly get any better?

The problem is if they keep adding songs you'll have to see them several more times to hear all of them...

what they really need to do is drop WOWY again and free up another slot. The beginning of the tour survived without it, they certainly don't need it now.

^I agree. When I was typing the setlist up, my daughter and I were saying how you are really rocking up, then WOWY comes along and slows it down. Play MOFO, Dirty Day, Please,... :sigh: until tomorrow (tonite's) show

mrpoptop said:
I know I wasnt the only one that spoke to Bono today before the show asking him where the zooropa songs are in the US. I had planned on saying something to him today, but be fore he had made his way down the fence at the UC I heard the word Zooropa a few times.
When Bono got to us, I gave him my Achtung Promo Glossy to get signed and then proceeded to ask him the question, "Why havent you played any Zooropa songs other than Stay in the US. With that being said he had hinted they where working on Dirty Day and another song. I then metion Daddy's Gonna Pay...and he says, 'You know that is a really good idea, You know that song was written about John Lee Hooker, and it would be perfect in Chicago. We could do it Chicago style.' He then sang Daddys gonna pay with like an Elvis voice. He then asked my name and said thanks.

Well thinking that Bono would just blow it off, It was a great suprise when he sang a tease of it after the ending of the Fly.

I think we may hear more from Zooropa in the weeks ahead. THere seemed to be a great interest for the songs today, and I think the band realises that we want to hear them. It was a great suprise to hear them pull out The First Time.

Oh yea...I was near you when you said that....:up: Thank you :hug:

Bono doing Daddy's Gonna Pay in an Elvis-ish Chicaaaago voice? heheh.. man, I would pay to have heard that! :wink: :drool:

i think this news genuinly throws the rest of the tour into doubt. What really could come next? No-one here really belived it when Miss Sarajevo turned up, i certinaly hit refresh when i woke up this morning and saw 'The First Time'

What next? who knows? Crumbs?

I think the Pearl Jam show gave U2 a kick in the ass as far as just playing a variety of stuff. It's either that or being in Chicago and Bono wanting to piss on that critic (Degroatis?) who badmouthed them. Maybe we need to thank Ament, McCready and Vedder as well as Degroatis (sp?). Or they had it planned in the first place.
Either way, good job boys.

Zooropa is my 3rd favorite U2 album, and while I am very exicted to see The First Time performed I am more exicted about the prospect of Dirty Day. Not to mention MOFO, that would just about send me over the edge.

However, IMO one of the 10 best songs U2 has ever written is Lemon and the great thing (seemingly at this point) is that it's not totally out of the question. Many gigs left including the one I am finally getting amped for in Dallas.

I am guessing a 2005 version of Dirty Day would be unbelievable.

They are working on Dirty Day?

FUCKIN' AWESOME!!! :combust: :sick: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

you didn't get to go? :sad:

I hope they continue the awesomeness tonite. I heard a couple of songs on the phone while I was posting the setlist. A couple of them were the ones uploaded earlier (videoclips)

lazarus said:
All this on a night one show?

what they really need to do is drop WOWY again and free up another slot. The beginning of the tour survived without it, they certainly don't need it now.

I do need WOWY now.

So do not drop it until you hit DC.

Re: Re: Zooropa Hits America

Queen Bee said:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

can someone tell bono to please release the songs which did not appear during chicago/amsterdam as a bonus DVD (Discotheque, Walk On, The First Time, etc) *drools*

Last edited:
^^

why not a 3rd leg DVD... MSG 5 ALL OVER!! :rockon:

I mean... go all the way.. Roling Stones' Four Flicks style...

of course, the 4th DVD shot in Santiago, Chile :wink:

Last edited:
Steve Lillywhite confirmed to me back in March that they did indeed rehearse Lemon before the tour started, so maybe they will revisit it as well. Hopefully it will appear along with Dirty Day and Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car.

Back
Top Bottom