Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Man

War Child
They are kings for playing ZS again. More so as most people don't appear to recongnise it. For me it's one of the best songs they've written. ZS followed by The Fly made this tour the best since Zooropa imo.

No specific point to this thread. Just appreciation and vibes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ZS/The Fly combo is the best part of the show

Mirrorball Man said:
They are kings for playing ZS again. More so as most people don't appear to recongnise it. For me it's one of the best songs they've written. ZS followed by The Fly made this tour the best since Zooropa imo.

:yes: I cannot agree with you more.

One of my best memories of this song on the current tour was Croke 2 in front of the pitch, where I could only hear Larry's drums (we couldn't see him), where the opening beats were so damn loud and powerful, it was awesome. :drool: Unbelievable.

I think the versions of Zoo Station these days are the best so far. Just listen to that drum intro... :drool:
I can't believe I'm saying this... but the Vertigo versions kick the shit out of the ZooTV ones.

Zoo Station is without doubt one of the top ten songs of all time with probably the best intro EVER!

neutral said:

Loved the "creative" lyrics from some of the early dates though. I was just listening to opening night The Fly. :giggle:

I actually liked that improv!

Zoo Station = kickass. I get the biggest adrenaline rush ever hearing that song blasting!
And the 'costumes' this tour certainly help. :wink:

The beginning of Zoo Station is simply breathtaking live. It goes right through you and rocks so much.

Chizip said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ZS/The Fly combo is the best part of the show

:rockon:

I couldn't agree more! Though i regret there's no Mysterious Ways anymore, it would fit better than Wowy, which sadly lost it's power and magic nowadays...

word up!....thanks for bringing that up....too much negativity around here.....

love that opening riff...

WildHoneyAlways said:
Zoo Station will always hold a special place in my heart b/c it's the first U2 song I ever saw live! :heart:

I agree that the intro is killer.

A goosebump moment for sure.

Me, too! I always get chills thinking about that moment.

My favorite part of the three shows I saw this tour was definitely the Zoo Station bit. :bow: :bow:

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

:rockon:

I couldn't agree more! Though i regret there's no Mysterious Ways anymore, it would fit better than Wowy, which sadly lost it's power and magic nowadays...

i beg to differ! WOWY was the highlight of the night for me when i saw them in manchester.

Zoostation is a fucking awesome song. i remember seeing the first ever setlist from this tour (san diego) and my mouth just dropping when i saw ZS's name on the encore, couldn't believe it.

:drool: :rockon:

i agree i think wowy is an evergreen classic and it sounds better than ever on this tour (they shud play it more often)
as for zoo station, i dont think the band has any idea how strongly a lotta u2ists feel abt it..........i almost cried wen i heard they were rehearsing it in la at the start of the tour
Viva Zoo Station!!!:wink:
Viva U2!!!:wink: :wink: :wink:

When I went to see them at Manchester this year, the song had been playing for about 3 minutes and they were nearly into the chorus and a guy behind me goes "hey its Zoo Station" I thought fucking hell you catch on quick hehehe.:huh:

Zoo Station and The Fly are not only being performed better than EVER on the Vertigo tour, but they are the absolute highlight of every Vertigo show, except maybe the lucky ones that get Bad. :wink:

I love the slot machine thing they use on the screen immediately before it as well...

I was wearing a ZOO t-shirt with the watermelon-baby symbol on it, and everyone was asking me what it was (cos they had the elevation and vertigo t shirts)

and then suddenly it's up there on the screen... MAMA

awesome stuff - zoo station rocks,

Zoo Station sounds better by the day.. But still; the Zoo-TV version is much better... I don't understand the "alright, alright, alright" bit... It should be "it's alright, it's alright... London tonight ya'll" :drool:

Anyway... Chills down my spine when watching the video... I never thought I would see thát song live again...

Yeah , Paris 1, Zoo Station brought the house down, a real European U2 classic!!

Also is Bono sporting a new Alter ego? "Globo Cop" perhaps?
Zoo + Fly = Show highlight!

Back
Top Bottom