Your VOTE: what do you want MOST from the next concerts..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you want MOST from the next set concerts...?

• go back to playing electric co

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • play snippit of 'new' content

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • play 'Pop' Encore over 'Achtung' Encore

Votes: 35 52.2%
  • play Fast Cars

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Play Crumbs

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
... I hate you. How on earth am I meant to choose?! Well, to answer my own question, process of elimination. First out was a snippet of new material; that would seem kind of pointless to me, how would we even know it's a snippet and not just Bono ad-libbing? If there's new material, it might as well be the full song. So that was out, and then I eliminated The Electric Co. because I've already seen it live.

So that left the Pop encore, Fast Cars, and Crumbs. I figure Crumbs is likely to never appear on any later tour, Fast Cars may not unless it acquires a sort of Party Girl status, while any Pop songs resurrected now would probably be bigger ones likely to reappear again (i.e. Discotheque, Gone). So I cut the Pop encore and that left the matter of "which is better, Fast Cars or Crumbs?"

I may be in the minority on this forum, but I say Crumbs. :drool:

I'm not seeing any shows...and I'm not too picky, I'm pretty much happy with whatever they choose. However, if I had to pick something from that list, I'd go with "Fast Cars". :drool:

here's a question, and i don't mean to be a dick... but why would you really want a snippet of new material mixed in to another song?

i mean, you really wouldn't even know what it is... if they were to play an entire new song by it's self, well, ya wouldn't know what that is either... but it would be the song, not some snippet tossed in to a song ya already know.

:shrug: i dunno

crumbs :up: I really liked that song, and the live version was pretty cool.
(and instead of electric co, maybe they could play something else off boy like twilight..?)

Since I'm not going to any shows this fall, I'll go with the Pop encore because I can get a recording of songs that probably haven't been played yet this tour. (MOFO!!!! :drool:)

ELECTRIC CO!!! :combust: :bow:

But I also saw Fast Cars already which was outstanding, especially since I hadn't heard it previously. Still my vote stands, Electric Co was definate highlight of the tour for me.

~A.j.~

Hmm, Discotheque was only played great on the PopMart Tour so that's out..Already saw the Electric Co, so that's out, Gone was good but anot too good, out..Don't like crumbs, so out..Hmm I already saw Fast Car when they were in Chicago but it was really good so I'd just go with Fast Cars....

The zoo encore is soo great though.
Electric Co for me followed by snippet of new stuff.

For it to be on Pay Per View like in that other thread I just read.

Then Crumbs, then Electric Co.

I'll pass on the Pop encore -- and actually the only Pop encore I can even fathom enjoying might look like --

Pop Muzik snippet to intro.
Mofo
Gone or Last Night on Earth
Please
Wake Up Dead Man / 40

My 2 cents anyway.

something original.

i know it's still the vertigo tour, but it's been quite a few months since the last show... do we really need the same flow to the setlist? the same love/sunday/bullet trifecta in the middle?

even if they play mostly th same stuff... mix it up a little. open with love and peace or else. play city of blinding lights right before streets. give pride a vacation. mix it up... show a little variety.

seriously Pop has nothing on Achtung. Maybe if they put the Achtung songs in the setlist then put Pop in the encore.... that's fine.

It would be great if there were both the Achtung encore followed by a POP encore. It would be like this

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Lights turn off
Pop Muzik begins
Mofo
Discotheque
Vertigo

That would be quite an amazing way to finish a show in my opinion.

Cask: That would be too good to be true. I wouldn't mind who's gonna ride your wild horses in place of with or without you, but hey. . . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom