Your Dorky U2 Concert Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I've got a couple of embarassing, but cool moments during u2 shows. The first one was during Seattle Popmart during Please. Bono was so into the song and was kneeled on the stage gripping an irish flag right in front of where we were standing. I just lost it (wearing my santa hat!) and my friend literally had to hold me up so I wouldn't hit the ground I was crying to hard.

The second was Elevation Phoenix. A friend and I made a quick sign before going inside the show that said "Adam Clayton we want to have 10,000 of your babied" (In case you don't know we were referencing a scene from American Beauty) but anyway, somehow we actually ended up in front of Adam on the rail, so we said what the hell and held it up, he took one look at it and started laughing. I turned as red as a rose, but to top it off when they left the stage for encore he came up and took the sign from us, folded it up and put it in his pocket and winked as he walked off the stage:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:(
As the starter of this, I need to CONFESS -- my original post was only my Second most Dorky moment, here's the first.

During the Zoo Tour, inside / outside I don't remember, I got downsized from my job. Having seen a show in Phoenix, I was inspired and decided to start a petition to bring U2 to Omaha. (I had plenty of free time) This was during the era when MTV was still using, "I Want My MTV" -- so the petition became, I Want My Zoo-TV. Very clever :wink:

I schlepped around all over town at record stores, bars, and so forth asking people to sign it -- an old fashion, sign your name style petition sheet. Some forms were left in stores, other fans pitched in, yada yada yada.

Over six weeks I collected 2,000 plus signatures. I bound them up in three ring binders shipping copies off to Island Records, Barry Fey (a Denver promoter) and a handful of other places hoping it would get noticed - six binders is better than one, right. And the postage and supplies only set me back, oh say, $120.

I included goofy stuff about Omaha, like the Omaha Zoo Brochure, as if Edge would stop by, play Sunday Bloody Sunday, then trot down to the zoo to check out the tigers, elephants and shit with his family. Quite dorky.

The best part included the comments people left on the petition forms -- "get a life, dude" "You are a loser" "This will never happen" wer some of the more tame ones.

Suffice it to say, my effort did not pay off then - but could it bear fruit now??

I did however land in the newspaper and some folks from Principle Mgmt were quoted as saying what a nice job I did etc. I even burned up about 3 minutes of my 15 minutes of fame doing a live interview for the television news -- the reporter was a fan as well, so I guess that was her way of pitching in.

This, my virtual friends, is the true motivation for this thread.
I'm 40 now, need to borrow an Edge skull cap, and have three kids in diapers.

Life is fun, but that was my most Dorky U2 Moment.

Back
Top Bottom