Yahweh live missing part

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
"The sun is coming up on the ocean..."

Did Bono sing Yahweh full in any concert?
Is anybody else missing the "greatest part of the song" (LOL) to be played live?

i was hoping for a full live version "yahweh"

I thought it would be a great closer.

I love that part of the song as well.

the sooner this song is dropped is better. The only shining moment of the song is exactly what was mentioned, and they are not performing it that way. It is embarassing watching Larry thumb his way like a 2nd grader on a keyboard to a song that to me seems like they are forcing. Of all the songs they could do in its place...even other songs of the bomb. I think that once Crumbs makes it appearance, Original of the Species might become more regular...Yahweh will be a rarity. Thank goodness.

cmb737 said:
the sooner this song is dropped is better. The only shining moment of the song is exactly what was mentioned, and they are not performing it that way. It is embarassing watching Larry thumb his way like a 2nd grader on a keyboard to a song that to me seems like they are forcing. Of all the songs they could do in its place...even other songs of the bomb. I think that once Crumbs makes it appearance, Original of the Species might become more regular...Yahweh will be a rarity. Thank goodness.

:madspit:

I wouldn't mind seeing Yahweh moved to the end of the setlist, with 40 snippeted at the end, and played maybe 1 in every 5 concerts or so.

this song is one of my favorites from htdaab. i always imagined that it would be a monster live, especialy with tha climax that could be reached with the "this love is like a drop in the ocean" part.
unfortunately they insist in delivering this disapointing acoustic cutted version :(

bedouin fire said:
this song is one of my favorites from htdaab. i always imagined that it would be a monster live, especialy with tha climax that could be reached with the "this love is like a drop in the ocean" part.
unfortunately they insist in delivering this disapointing acoustic cutted version :(

I don't understand this hope, because even on the album there really isn't a climax there. It builds like it could be a monster...but then it drops back into that sappy chorus "yahweh! yah-weeeahh!"

I love the song, except for that chorus. It goes no where.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom