Yahweh Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
ok, I've listened to both live performances of it.
I'd prefer a full band/proper version like the album. I can't live without Edge's guitar during the choruses; it's one of the greatest things ever. the acoustic version is nice, but I want a real powerful version of this tune.

Hmm..... I felt that the acoustic version was much more powerful than the full band version. It just seemed more spiritual.

I think the live version they are playing is tender and beautiful, and does the song justice.

Would love to hear an electric version too, though!

i know its early days but i think YAWEH will go down as one of U2 best ever AUCOUSTIC live songs.

I don't like that song. I never did, so I have to accept it with knowing that it "must" be played cause it's from Da Bomb...
The only thing I look forward to from Da Bomb is Fast Cars (Or Xanax and Wine even better) :drool:

HTDAAB is their most spiritual album since October, and to me it looks like they are trying ot finish each show on the sam espiritual note by playing 3 of their most overtly religious songs.

Start it fast with ABOY, bring it down a bit with Yahweh, and finish on the serene 40.

I like it.

Yeah...I just learned how to play Yahweh on the guitar and I have been playing it nonstop.....tis sooo beautiful.

I would love for Bono and Edge to play Yahweh earlier in the set, out at the edge of the elipse like they did the acoustic numbers from Elevation, and then at the end, right when Bono drops the last line "..make it BREAK" kill all the lights and fade slowly into Sreets... maybe as the set closer. I dunno. I just see that working well.

I love Yahweh electric, and loved what I heard of yahweh acoustic! Edge's work on the album version is gorgeous, so it would be lovely to see how that sounds live too, but I think the going acoustic for concert feels right...

It's so different to me soft and tender acoustic versus electric on the bomb. really interesting. I like them both, but unlike some electric/acoustic pairings, I think the song's character changes hugely...

I'd love to hear the reasons people who don't like it at all or much on the album like it more or at least a little when done acoustically.
Is there another thread on this out there?

cheers all!

i wish i knew what key Edge's guitar is in, i just tried to play the San Diego 3-28-05 version on an acoustic in regular tuning and it was off. it's not in flat tuning, one or 2 of the strings needs to be tuned differently.

martha said:
Yahweh on the album blows. But the acoustic version is sublime. It makes it into a song that I like.

:shame: why would you say that?

guitar....good
drums...good
vocals...good
bass...good
keys....good

mmmm.....tastes like a u2 cake to me!

I agree Jofo; that's why I'd love to hear why some who didn't like it (and there seemed to be a relatively and puzzingly to me anyway large group) on album like the acoustic version....

It is very prayer-like song, and even rather more 'folksy' than U2 is indeed! And that hits me harder when I hear the acoustic version; then it sounds like a folk-song to me. I was wondering if maybe folks who didn't like the electric version felt some dissonance there, that they felt the lyrics really only worked if done in a tender beseeching way.
I liked the 'contrast', which isn't exactly what I want to say, between the beseeching and the confidence of the electric album version, think it's very yummy signature U2-flavor cake!
I hope they do it full band sometime live.
It's a great song acoustically too, but it's almost a different song to me that way, and I'm not sure why I feel that way...so I was hoping that hearing why some liked it soft and not hard would help me figure it out.

cheerio all!

I don't like the album production of Yahweh. It sounds too bland and common. It's hard to describe the way it sounds to me. It's not the song itself; it's the way it was performed. That's why the acoustic version is so much better.

Back
Top Bottom