Wtshnn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbimone

Babyface
Before of WTSHHN, Bono sing, or scream, or speak (it's hard to say) something in a language...african!? This happened specially in the first leg, in USA.
Someone knows what does he say?

thx

Last edited:
i speak english very worst....

but i hope that someone understand me, and help me...i know that tonight i won't sleep, if i don't know what Bono says before Streets..

sbimone is asking:
what the hell does Bono say/scream before and during streets? you know, the bits where it looks like african language...
are they just senseless screams? or is B actually saying something in an african language? if yes, what language, swahili maybe?
and what the heck does it mean?
tnx

duuno if its a language as much as he's maybe just singing in a style to make it sound african

of course i dont know for sure and am just sucking this opinion out of my thumb but thats what i think anyway

sbimone said:
Before of WTSHHN, Bono sing, or scream, or speak (it's hard to say) something in a language...african!? This happened specially in the first leg, in USA.
Someone knows what does he say?

thx

The song was written while Bono was in Ethiopia. Now since Bono does a lot of his campaigns in Africa, and since he is out there a lot, he probably learned that yell or scream while he was with some sort of tribe, or group of Africans with that specific yell.

Or at least that's what I always thought when I heard the bootleg version of Streets for the first time.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong by all means, but you could assume that, right?

Now regarding your question, sorry but I have no idea what it means in English. I always thought it was just a yell.

Although it does add a sort of kick to the song!

Back
Top Bottom