wtf i can't even sell my gd denver tickets for face value...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcmiller

The Fly
i thought i would be able to go but as it turns out, i can't, doctory shit and all, but i can't even dump perfectly legit and awesome LL seats on ebay or the forums for face value... what gives? are the tickets too expensive in the first place or is the "sold out" show really just sold out to scalpers and the tickets are not in that great a demand?

some crazy bitch told me that they'd cancel my tickets if sold them... wtf? i called TM to beg for a refund and they (a gal and her supervisor) told me just to "sell them" they should "go quick" and you "might even make some money"... cripes

Last edited:
Why can't you sell it, legitamately, at face value on the boards or ebay?

Your post is not very clear.

ramblin rose said:
Why can't you sell it, legitamately, at face value on the boards or ebay?

Your post is not very clear.

my bad, no one has made an attempt to buy them...

Just wait until Friday. A lot of people must be waiting for a chance in the general sale. I'm sure you'll sell them.

Last edited:
That sounds strange to not be able to sell them on ebay for face value. Especially with some of the prices on there.

Great, I hope I dont have a problem selling my San Jose tickets :crack:

u2star20001, aka bitch, backed out of her bid this morning that would have had her getting the auction at $5 below face value... the 2nd highest bidder was no longer interested...

neutral said:
Yeah give it a little more time, I see your What Do You Have thread is just a few hours old. :)

Also have you tried posting to sell them on Zootopia or u2tours.com?

but they've been on ebay for a week...

i swear it makes me think that demand may not be that great for the general public and that the reason the shows are sold out is because of the gd scalpers buying them all up....

Be patient. U2 fans know that there are tickets for sale. As for the rest of the world, a U2 concert usually doesn't sink in until the last month before a show. You'll find a lot of these non-U2 fans looking for seats when March rolls around.

Try listing them in the local Denver paper classifieds. Last time I had several extra seats that I could just not unload online, but they went like hot cakes when I listed them in the paper (and I lived 500 miles from the show).

At face value of course...

The fact that they are TicketFast probably makes a lot of people wary. Most would rather just play it safe and get paper tickets. Cuz there's only one thing worse than paying for overpriced tickets: paying for fairly-priced tickets that aren't valid.

hcmiller said:
i thought i would be able to go but as it turns out, i can't, doctory shit and all, but i can't even dump perfectly legit and awesome LL seats on ebay or the forums for face value... what gives? are the tickets too expensive in the first place or is the "sold out" show really just sold out to scalpers and the tickets are not in that great a demand?

some crazy bitch told me that they'd cancel my tickets if sold them... wtf? i called TM to beg for a refund and they (a gal and her supervisor) told me just to "sell them" they should "go quick" and you "might even make some money"... cripes

I think you are the victim of overzealousness by some people (ie., the "some crazy bitch"). They hear that TM is trying (at U2 request) to identify and retract tickets sold to scalpers, and they decide that anyone who tries to sell off their tickets is a scalper. And other people are afraid to buy your tickets because if they are retracted, they fear they will be out the purchase price.

It might look like you're screwed right now, but I think if you can afford to be a bit patient you will be able to sell these tickets. The people who legitimately want them will still be around when the dust settles.

I think a big reason is that the tickets are for Denver... small markets don't usually garner very many bids, as there isn't nearly as much demand from Denver fans b/c of the smaller population as compared to LA or NY

Denver seems to be the city that everyone got and is trying to trade for other dates. There are dozens of posts on here, zootopia, u2tours all trying to move (trade) their denver's. I think partly it is because it was the only onsale in MST last Saturday and a lot of people got through.

Kind of saturated the trading market for the time being. I have traded or bought 6 denver tickets (lot of friends) in the last 2 days alone. It is so hard to get a balanced idea of what the market for them is right now. If they don't sell, relist them about 4 weeks out.

Denver is a little overexposed right now. Especially since there was a presale for Denver 2 today and onsale is coming up. This market is always easy to get tickets in and two shows doesn't make it harder.

Last edited:
I often sell my extra tickets on Ebay for face value. Make your auction over the weekends, that's when everybody buys. A 3-day from Fri-Sun. Put your "buy it now" price for the face value plus your fees, and make sure to put your mailing costs, I always send them Priority Mail, its about $4, and it gets to them quick. Also make sure your time ends like Sun. night at 8 pm, 7 pm, 6 pm or something, not late at night. People don't like auctions where they have to snipe it at 2 am.

and edit: I forgot to add, don't forget to put your Ebay selling expenses in it also, they are $7 or so, they get a % on the backend when it sells, plus charge a fee to "list" it.

Ebay also lets you put it up for sale again if it doesn't sell, and doesn't charge you, or charges you a lot less, and just keep putting them up, they'll go eventually.

If you honestly just want to sell for face value, and you put it up with a "buy it now" at that price, it will be gone before you know it, so check your email all the time. I wouldn't put anything up unless I have the tickets in hand to immediately send to someone. I've bought tickets where they didn't even have them yet, and it's not right, imo, to take someone's money until you have them to send to them.

and Denver is a wonderful place to go, that's where I was when Rattle & Hum was filmed, and I'm in it there. Airfares to Denver are good, and if anybody wants to see U2 in a different state, Denver, CO is fantastic.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
If you honestly just want to sell for face value, and you put it up with a "buy it now" at that price, it will be gone before you know it

That's exactly what I plan to do if I cant sell mine here first.

I just saw some tickets in pretty much the same section as mine going for over $600 :tsk:

bonoed said:
Airfares to Denver are good, and if anybody wants to see U2 in a different state, Denver, CO is fantastic.

Agreed with everything you said except this. Denver and Chicago have the highest airfares in the US. Not to mention that the closest Southwest Airlines flies to Denver is Albuquerque. 6 hour drive.

I think I see your problem now. As of 9PM CST, there are still GA tickets available in the 2nd Denver Presale.

That's really unbelievable. I wonder if this show will even sellout when it goes on general onsale? I guess it will, but it would have probably been better if there would have been a presale for the additional dates in the markets where there really was demand.

ramblin rose said:
I think I see your problem now. As of 9PM CST, there are still GA tickets available in the 2nd Denver Presale.

That is insane. My shows GA's were gone in like a second :| *moves to Denver.

Back
Top Bottom