wtf i can't even sell my gd denver tickets for face value...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

I am so excited I am going to Denver... I figured since the market wasnt as large and the show was a weekday and it will probably still be really chilly my chance of getting a good spot for GA would be greatly improved... looks like I made the right call!

Wheeeeeeeeee!

And regarding your tickets, I am sure they will sell. Just follow some of the great tips above :wink:

I'd love it if someone wanted to sell me some LL tix for an Anaheim show. Denver is a little too far to drive though.:wink:

Ok my first pair sold at face value tonight... Now I reslisted my other pair (the pair that should not have gone through with my code but in the melee the order was processed anyway)... Funny thing when I called TM I thought for sure they would cancel the order because the "code" was used twice... no way in hell... they said i had been charged and they were all my tickets... the did happily suggest i sell them myslef... TM could give a shit as to how many people have used a given code... But I digress...

My final auction is up and I hope to help someone out with great LL seats at face value... thanks

Last edited:
Damn, thanks for the info. I might try and get some GAs for the gen. sale for Denver, haven't lucked out on any GA tickets yet.

Denver is a soft market. Beware of some presales this weekend in other soft markets, including Phoenix. If they do sell out in Phoenix, they may add a 2nd show there also, which will further drive down demand.

Last tour, I had a choice between buying a GA ticket for LA at around $200-$250, taking off work to see the show, or flying to Phoenix, spending the night, and seeing the show on Friday of Thanksgiving Weekend, for about the same price.

I did the latter, and ended up being in the Heart. By the month of the concert, GA tickets were selling for face value.

If you have GA tickets at face value, I will buy RIGHT NOW.

socruel@comcast.net

I'm am hopign to score some Friday on the general sale. For Denver tickets being available, no one locally has managed to score any. Go figure.

Last edited:
There's a lot of misinformation out there. There are not still GA tickets available in Denver. The Pepsi Center sold out in 20 minutes. I think the only reason tickets aren't going for more right now is because they added a 2nd show, which hasn't gone on sale yet. Trust me, I know a couple dozen people who will be begging for tickets like that if they can't get any for the 2nd show this Friday.

LPU2 said:
There's a lot of misinformation out there. There are not still GA tickets available in Denver. The Pepsi Center sold out in 20 minutes. I think the only reason tickets aren't going for more right now is because they added a 2nd show, which hasn't gone on sale yet. Trust me, I know a couple dozen people who will be begging for tickets like that if they can't get any for the 2nd show this Friday.

There were GA available for the 2nd Denver show in the presale yesterday. I could still get some (with less than a minute wait on Ticketmaster) at 9PM last night.

cmb737 said:
Denver seems to be the city that everyone got and is trying to trade for other dates.

And Denver is my closest city and I couldn't get tickets. :mad: Really weird since in my experience it's one of the easiest places to get good tickets (obviously was true for a lot of people this time, too). I might be trading SD #1 for Denver; I'll decide when I see the real stage design.

I could not sell a 2nd row lower close to the stage on Elevation 3rd leg, Denver. Can you fucking believe that? My best friend, whose ticket it was, died a week before the show. I ate that $135. I figured it was because it was 3rd leg, post-9/11, people were sick of U2 by the 3rd leg (I mean, I wasn't but some people were) and everyone was freaked out about 9/11. You should not have ANY TROUBLE selling 1st leg good lowers for Denver this time.

Last edited:
Man, so aggravating. I wasted one of my codes on some NJ tix on the first presale. Once I did the math, I realized I couldn't afford a trip to NJ and Denver so I kept my Denver $165s and sold my NJ's. Now I hear there were GAs available at 9:00 PM. Argh!!! I guess it makes no difference since I have to be at the Kentucky Foreign Language Conference on the 21st.

Oh well. At least I'm going and my seats are good. My wife is happy. I'm 6'4" and have no problem being on the floor but she's 5'5" and, well, you not-tall people can relate.

I have a pair of $100s to Denver that a friend said he'd buy but now he wants to sit with some other friends behind the stage. I'm thinking that he should buy them and if he wants to sell them, he can have a go at it.

As people have mentioned, I'm sure demand will increase closer to the show.

Demand will increase for Denver once the second regular on-sale ends tomorrow.

-BUT-

I've already noticed shows like Anaheim and San Diego have like 12 pages of e-bay auctions. Honestly, e-bay is overloaded and saturated with available tickets. Unless you are trying to sell GA's or seats in the couple of lower levels closest to the stage, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to end up selling their extra tix for at or below face.

Roland of Gilead said:
Be patient. U2 fans know that there are tickets for sale. As for the rest of the world, a U2 concert usually doesn't sink in until the last month before a show. You'll find a lot of these non-U2 fans looking for seats when March rolls around.

Yep. That's why I'm planning on holding off putting my ticket on ebay until later. Closer it gets to the show, the more desperate people will get, the more demand for the ticket(s).

Fear not, I'm not going to scalp for the sheer sake of scalping, but my hopes are to turn the proceeds into a ticket or 2 for the So Cal area on the second leg.

If you can't sell tickets at face value, you can always sell them at ten or twenty times face value. It seems to work for the scalpers! :lol: (okay, I'm kidding...)

Seriously, I think the closer it gets to the actual show dates, the easier it will be to sell tickets at face value. eBay has like 4,000 listings right now. Be patient, and I'm sure you'll find someone who will want them.

dENVER APR 21ST SHOW

I'm sure you will definitely sell them bout 1 month b4 the show. People will start to panic when they want to buy tkts but all they see on ebay is the gd scalpers!! I myself have 1 xtra tkt which i'm holding for a friend who is not sure is going but i'm confident i'll b able to sell it at least 3wks before the apr21st denver show. I have yet to ask for time off from work but if i can't go, i know i can get someone else to buy my tickets. KEEP THE FAITH!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom