Wow....that is great news! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 04:03 AM
Wow....that is great news!

That they played Zoo Station at the rehearsal gig and followed it with The Fly, fuc#ing fantastic songs, and also played Love and Peace Or Else, the best song from the new album. My faith in U2 is returning!

Old 03-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 09:03 PM
lets just wait and see if they have the balls to play this stuff tonight and in the coming weeks.

maybe those BORING Elevation setlists will just be a bad memory.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlem
lets just wait and see if they have the balls to play this stuff tonight and in the coming weeks.

maybe those BORING Elevation setlists will just be a bad memory.
Elevation's setlists were the most exciting ones since Lovetown.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Elevation's setlists were the most exciting ones since Lovetown.

Axver,

Talking to these two =
Old 03-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Yea...but every person has their favorite tour setlist.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO
Yea...but every person has their favorite tour setlist.
But that's not the point. The simple fact of the matter is that Elevation's setlist varied a whole lot more than ZooTV and Popmart.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Whatever...I'm not going to explain myself away. I guess you got me there
Old 03-28-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
The Fly

Axver has a problem with Zoo TV and Pop Mart since the begining... he is just obssessed. No matter how you show him that in fact Zoo TV and Pop Mart were great, he will deny it.

Even if you have an opinion like mine that Elevation set list and the whole tour was crap he doesnt accept it. No cure.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:12 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Squire
Axver has a problem with Zoo TV and Pop Mart since the begining... he is just obssessed. No matter how you show him that in fact Zoo TV and Pop Mart were great, he will deny it.

Even if you have an opinion like mine that Elevation set list and the whole tour was crap he doesnt accept it. No cure.

There is a difference between saying you didn't like the Elevation Tour and you found the show boring and saying that U2 did not vary the setlist.

One is a subjective statement which you are entitled to and cannot be proven one way or another. The other is an objective statement that can be evaluated using empiracle evidence. The fact is that U2 played more different songs on Elevation than they did on Zoo TV and/or Popmart.

Does that mean you can't dislike the tour? Of course not. Does it mean that you can't use the excuse that U2 did not vary the set list? It should.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:03 AM
the elevation setlist was absolutely fan-ta-stic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:24 PM   #11
The Fly

I didnt said the setlists didn't vary. I said the setlists were crap. There's a difference. I only state opinions

What i said too was that Axver insists in compare Elevation with Zoo TV and Pop Mart just to make these tours look fool. it's obvious he has a problem with those. He has admitted it actually.
It's no big deal anyway... since the people that loves Zoo TV didnt like that much Elevation Tour, and the same happens with the opposite.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #12
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Want to read my post again? I'm not stating what I think about ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation (all of which I love - yes, I LOVE ZooTV). I am stating that it is FACT that Elevation's setlists varied more than those on ZooTV and Popmart. The setlist on Elevation changed more than it did on ZooTV and Popmart, and you can't deny that. I am not saying the songs played or the performances were better; I am saying that they varied more! Personal opinion on the three tours is NOT relevant.

In terms of variance, at a rough estimation:
1. Lovetown
2. The Joshua Tree Tour
3. Elevation

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #13
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I didnt said the setlists didn't vary. I said the setlists were crap. There's a difference. I only state opinions

What i said too was that Axver insists in compare Elevation with Zoo TV and Pop Mart just to make these tours look fool. it's obvious he has a problem with those. He has admitted it actually.
It's no big deal anyway... since the people that loves Zoo TV didnt like that much Elevation Tour, and the same happens with the opposite.
Stop putting words in my mouth, please. You are accusing me of doing things I didn't do.

I LOVE ZOOTV AND POPMART. Did you hear that? I LOVE ZOOTV AND POPMART. Compared to OTHER U2 tours, I think they were the worst. But ... I LOVE ZOOTV AND POPMART!

I am NOT trying to make them look bad. I am just stating a SIMPLE FACT that Elevation's setlist varied more than ZooTV's and Popmart's. It doesn't matter if you think Elevation's set was crap or not - PERSONAL OPINION ON THE TOUR IS NOT RELEVANT WHEN DISCUSSING IF THE SETLIST VARIED OR NOT. Is that too hard for you to understand?

By the way, War's setlist was very bland too. Although it did go through one major change (most noticeably shown by Out Of Control replacing Gloria as the opener), War was even more boring than ZooTV for setlists.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Squire

It's no big deal anyway... since the people that loves Zoo TV didnt like that much Elevation Tour, and the same happens with the opposite. [/B][/QUOTE

this is not true, personnally i find zoo tv the best of all the u2 tours, it was the tour par exellence, zoo tv is simply u2's proud! but this doesn't mean that i find the elevation tour crap comparing it to zoo tv. elevation was a different period, it was a different u2 compared to zoo tv, but it was an incredible fucking brilliant tour!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

ZooTV was my favorite tour ever and elevation was my second.