Wow....that is great news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
That they played Zoo Station at the rehearsal gig and followed it with The Fly, fuc#ing fantastic songs, and also played Love and Peace Or Else, the best song from the new album. My faith in U2 is returning!:wink:

lets just wait and see if they have the balls to play this stuff tonight and in the coming weeks.

maybe those BORING Elevation setlists will just be a bad memory.

Hoodlem said:
lets just wait and see if they have the balls to play this stuff tonight and in the coming weeks.

maybe those BORING Elevation setlists will just be a bad memory.

Elevation's setlists were the most exciting ones since Lovetown.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Yea...but every person has their favorite tour setlist.

But that's not the point. The simple fact of the matter is that Elevation's setlist varied a whole lot more than ZooTV and Popmart.

Axver has a problem with Zoo TV and Pop Mart since the begining... he is just obssessed. No matter how you show him that in fact Zoo TV and Pop Mart were great, he will deny it.

Even if you have an opinion like mine that Elevation set list and the whole tour was crap he doesnt accept it. No cure.

Squire said:
Axver has a problem with Zoo TV and Pop Mart since the begining... he is just obssessed. No matter how you show him that in fact Zoo TV and Pop Mart were great, he will deny it.

Even if you have an opinion like mine that Elevation set list and the whole tour was crap he doesnt accept it. No cure.

There is a difference between saying you didn't like the Elevation Tour and you found the show boring and saying that U2 did not vary the setlist.

One is a subjective statement which you are entitled to and cannot be proven one way or another. The other is an objective statement that can be evaluated using empiracle evidence. The fact is that U2 played more different songs on Elevation than they did on Zoo TV and/or Popmart.

Does that mean you can't dislike the tour? Of course not. Does it mean that you can't use the excuse that U2 did not vary the set list? It should.

I didnt said the setlists didn't vary. I said the setlists were crap. There's a difference. I only state opinions

What i said too was that Axver insists in compare Elevation with Zoo TV and Pop Mart just to make these tours look fool. it's obvious he has a problem with those. He has admitted it actually.
It's no big deal anyway... since the people that loves Zoo TV didnt like that much Elevation Tour, and the same happens with the opposite.

Last edited:
Squire said:

Want to read my post again? I'm not stating what I think about ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation (all of which I love - yes, I LOVE ZooTV). I am stating that it is FACT that Elevation's setlists varied more than those on ZooTV and Popmart. The setlist on Elevation changed more than it did on ZooTV and Popmart, and you can't deny that. I am not saying the songs played or the performances were better; I am saying that they varied more! Personal opinion on the three tours is NOT relevant.

In terms of variance, at a rough estimation:
1. Lovetown
2. The Joshua Tree Tour
3. Elevation

Squire said:
I didnt said the setlists didn't vary. I said the setlists were crap. There's a difference. I only state opinions

What i said too was that Axver insists in compare Elevation with Zoo TV and Pop Mart just to make these tours look fool. it's obvious he has a problem with those. He has admitted it actually.
It's no big deal anyway... since the people that loves Zoo TV didnt like that much Elevation Tour, and the same happens with the opposite.

Stop putting words in my mouth, please. You are accusing me of doing things I didn't do.

I LOVE ZOOTV AND POPMART. Did you hear that? I LOVE ZOOTV AND POPMART. Compared to OTHER U2 tours, I think they were the worst. But ... I LOVE ZOOTV AND POPMART!

I am NOT trying to make them look bad. I am just stating a SIMPLE FACT that Elevation's setlist varied more than ZooTV's and Popmart's. It doesn't matter if you think Elevation's set was crap or not - PERSONAL OPINION ON THE TOUR IS NOT RELEVANT WHEN DISCUSSING IF THE SETLIST VARIED OR NOT. Is that too hard for you to understand?

By the way, War's setlist was very bland too. Although it did go through one major change (most noticeably shown by Out Of Control replacing Gloria as the opener), War was even more boring than ZooTV for setlists.

Squire said:
It's no big deal anyway... since the people that loves Zoo TV didnt like that much Elevation Tour, and the same happens with the opposite. [/B][/QUOTE

this is not true, personnally i find zoo tv the best of all the u2 tours, it was the tour par exellence, zoo tv is simply u2's proud! but this doesn't mean that i find the elevation tour crap comparing it to zoo tv. elevation was a different period, it was a different u2 compared to zoo tv, but it was an incredible fucking brilliant tour!

Ok fair one.

But you talk in a way that is imperative and a fact that Elevation Tour sets are the best. And an example is your first post in here replying to Hoodlem. The guy just said the setlists were boring and you just replied stating something that seems (for you) to be a fact. Just try next time to put a "in my opinion" right next to it.

Squire said:
Ok fair one.

But you talk in a way that is imperative and a fact that Elevation Tour sets are the best. And an example is your first post in here replying to Hoodlem. The guy just said the setlists were boring and you just replied stating something that seems (for you) to be a fact. Just try next time to put a "in my opinion" right next to it.

Edited for obvious reasons....

Alright, let's call this argument closed. I see no point in continuing it.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread ... with statistics!

The return of Zoo Station is incredibly exciting as it hadn't been played in 11 days, 3 months, and 16 days. Bring on the return of more old songs! :hyper:

I know some guys here in portugal that didn't like Elevation Tour But loved Zoo TV and the opposite also. Of course these guys only saw Elevation Tour by DVD, because it never came to Portugal. But as i see there are also exceptions.
Just like i stated in the other thread, i just love HUGE events-concerts-stages. Just my opinion

zoo tv is back.....................i can't believe it, i can't believe it...........................I CAN'T BELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEVE IT! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally i would love to hear more Zooropa songs.
Lemon for example, Dirty Day or Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car.

You guys are morons I swear. Just enjoy what they give you. All their shows are great. Although I love watching ZOO TV & Pop Mart on video, the shows always are different. You guys spend time arguing what they will play what they won't play. I mean, c'mon.... they will play what they feel like playing and if they have surprises so be it. Get over it!!! Yes, at some point they WILL play Until the end of the world. Shit, I want to hear Dirty day but you don't hear me bitching. Grow up!!!!!!!:eyebrow:

Zooropa man said:
You guys are morons I swear. Just enjoy what they give you. All their shows are great. Although I love watching ZOO TV & Pop Mart on video, the shows always are different. You guys spend time arguing what they will play what they won't play. I mean, c'mon.... they will play what they feel like playing and if they have surprises so be it. Get over it!!! Yes, at some point they WILL play Until the end of the world. Shit, I want to hear Dirty day but you don't hear me bitching. Grow up!!!!!!!:eyebrow:

Making friends and influencing people, by Zooropa Man. Available at a second hand store near you.....

For those who haven't seen it, here are the statistics on the songs resurrected during the rehearsal. Yes, I've nothing better to do so I am posting this again.

Insert the data below into the following sentence: On 26 March 2005 at the LA Sports Arena, it was the first time [song name] had been played in [length of time].

Running To Stand Still - 11 years, 3 months, 16 days
Zoo Station - 11 years, 3 months, 16 days
40 - it had only been played full band once in the last 15 years, 2 months, 16 days
The Electric Co. - 17 years, 7 months, and 23 days
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart - 20 years, 6 months, and 2 days

Stories For Boys was snippeted during Vertigo. It was performed in full for the last time 22 years, 11 months, and 30 days previously ... at the LA Sports Arena.

Back
Top Bottom