Wow....that is great news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, c'mon. You guys are keeping track of how long it's been since they last played those songs.... give me a break. Look we are fans and either way we will enjoy whatever it is they play. Just sit back and relax!:wink:

, he etched into the bathroom wall with his worn chicken bone.....

Get over yourself dalton, this is no lecture blog were we get to use big words.... geez man.:eyebrow:

Zooropa man said:
I mean, c'mon. You guys are keeping track of how long it's been since they last played those songs.... give me a break. Look we are fans and either way we will enjoy whatever it is they play. Just sit back and relax!:wink:

I have a ridiculously good memory that soaks up information like a sponge, so when U2 play a song, I just need to recall when it was last played and work out the time difference from there.

It has been rumoured that U2 will play Gloria tonight. If so, it will be the first time in 15 years, 2 months, and 19 days.

Zooropa man said:
, he etched into the bathroom wall with his worn chicken bone.....

Get over yourself dalton, this is no lecture blog were we get to use big words.... geez man.:eyebrow:

Did the guy who was trying to lecture other posters on how they should or should not respond to U2's set list just tell me not to lecture?

Fascinating....

babyman said:
ax, if there will be a "u2land" a day, you must be elected as the president!:wink:

Well, I do aspire to be the dictator of the world, so OK! :wink:

Axver said:
For those who haven't seen it, here are the statistics on the songs resurrected during the rehearsal. Yes, I've nothing better to do so I am posting this again.

Insert the data below into the following sentence: On 26 March 2005 at the LA Sports Arena, it was the first time [song name] had been played in [length of time].

Running To Stand Still - 11 years, 3 months, 16 days
Zoo Station - 11 years, 3 months, 16 days
40 - it had only been played full band once in the last 15 years, 2 months, 16 days
The Electric Co. - 17 years, 7 months, and 23 days
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart - 20 years, 6 months, and 2 days

Stories For Boys was snippeted during Vertigo. It was performed in full for the last time 22 years, 11 months, and 30 days previously ... at the LA Sports Arena.

that's one of the coolest posts i've seen in a long time! thanks for that tidbit of info. it really puts the bands' longevity into perspective.

i can't believe they shelved running to stand still for 11 years!!! easily one of their best ballads. the zoo renditions were spectacular.

I wasn't complaining about the Elevation setlist, great tour, but to be playing songs in a warm gig like Zoo TV I find pretty damn great. Bodes well for a great tour hopefully. From what the reports were from earlier that it was going to be mainly 80's and ATYCLB songs which was disapointing but to hear that they have been rehearsing some of the more obscure tracks from the 90's is great, only played Zoo TV on the Zoo TV & Zooropa tour and not since. And a fucking great song it is!

rjhbonovox said:
only played Zoo TV on the Zoo TV & Zooropa tour and not since. And a fucking great song it is!

well they shelved it for the popmart tour for obvious reasons i think. you can't bring the tour's theme into the next tour. i'm surprised they will be playin elevation this tour...it was a "hit" i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom