wow close on a monh without a U2 show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
what will people be bitching about?

maybe we can get some kind of agenda.... will the next love in have to be before the next U2 show?

:crack:
I'm feeling the withdrawl already.
Somebody start posting random setlists so we can debate them! :scream:

U2dork said:
:crack:
I'm feeling the withdrawl already.
Somebody start posting random setlists so we can debate them! :scream:

All Because of You
Vertigo
Electric Co
I Will Follow
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found..
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
City of Blinding Lights
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One
Zooropa
Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Original of the Species
Yahweh
All Because of You

it's terrible :sad: my last concert was June 29th, I think, and it seems like ages ago. maybe we could just bicker for the hell of it...or someone could post fake soundcheck reports :wink:

I had a dream Your Blue Room was the second song in Toronto.

I submit this excerpt from Carter Allen's Outside is America (page 20) for us to ponder during our free time:

(regarding U2's first show at the Paradise Theatre in Boston, opening for the band Barooga, December 13, 1980)
U2's eager attack fueled an emotional reaction from the crowd that amazed the group. After the Edge took charge for "Things to Make and Do," Bono emerged from the shadows and stared onto the dance floor with eyes wide. Grabbing the mike, he admitted, "There's a lot of people here tonight who weren't supposed to be here." Then the band tore into more music from Boy, ending its set with "Twilight" and a sweaty, out-of-breath version of "I Will Follow." Even though the time allowed for the opening slot was short, U2 was permitted to acknowledge the wild applause by jumping back onstage to churn out a second rendition of "11 O'Clock Tick Tock." (The practice of performing a popular single twice in one show was quite unusual in America but common with European groups.) That should have been the end of the warm-up, since U2 had used up more than its allotted amount of stage time, but the audience insisted on more. The tumult prompted the Paradise stage manager to usher the surprised members back into the lights once more, where an amazed Bono reached out for the mike and said,"This is our first ever ... I don't know what!" I believe he meant "second encore in the States." The group complied with a suitably frenzied version of "Out of Control."

---------------------------------------------------

So that point there in bold...
Is it possible that there is a stong correlation between the people who do/don't like Vertigox2 and what continent they're on?

Also, is it just me or does it seem like Carter Allen really romantisized this first show in Boston?

Just something I thought of while doing laundry...

neutral i thought you would have at least changed the title to month rather than mohn :wink:

U2dork said:
I submit this excerpt from Carter Allen's Outside is America (page 20) for us to ponder during our free time:

(regarding U2's first show at the Paradise Theatre in Boston, opening for the band Barooga, December 13, 1980)
U2's eager attack fueled an emotional reaction from the crowd that amazed the group. After the Edge took charge for "Things to Make and Do," Bono emerged from the shadows and stared onto the dance floor with eyes wide. Grabbing the mike, he admitted, "There's a lot of people here tonight who weren't supposed to be here." Then the band tore into more music from Boy, ending its set with "Twilight" and a sweaty, out-of-breath version of "I Will Follow." Even though the time allowed for the opening slot was short, U2 was permitted to acknowledge the wild applause by jumping back onstage to churn out a second rendition of "11 O'Clock Tick Tock." (The practice of performing a popular single twice in one show was quite unusual in America but common with European groups.) That should have been the end of the warm-up, since U2 had used up more than its allotted amount of stage time, but the audience insisted on more. The tumult prompted the Paradise stage manager to usher the surprised members back into the lights once more, where an amazed Bono reached out for the mike and said,"This is our first ever ... I don't know what!" I believe he meant "second encore in the States." The group complied with a suitably frenzied version of "Out of Control."

---------------------------------------------------

Is it possible that there is a stong correlation between the people who do/don't like Vertigox2 and what continent they're on?

Also, is it just me or does it seem like Carter Allen really romantisized this first show in Boston?

Just something I thought of while doing laundry...

Very interesting, U2Dork. Thanks for posting!

So there might be a correlation and us U.S. habitants might be spared from the second Vertigo... :hmm:

KUEFC09U2 said:
was adam doing his bit?

In the dream, I was just reading the setlist. The first four songs, if I remember correctly:

City Of Blinding Lights
Your Blue Room
I Will Follow
Desire

And Original Of The Species opened the second encore, not All Because Of You, and 40 was the closer.

U2dork said:

Don't think so. Zwervers made an anti-Vertigo x2 banner and he's from Europe! I'm from New Zealand (which is the wannabe European country of the south Pacific) and I loathe Vertigo x2.

Axver said:

Don't think so. Zwervers made an anti-Vertigo x2 banner and he's from Europe! I'm from New Zealand (which is the wannabe European country of the south Pacific) and I loathe Vertigo x2.

You know you like Vertigo x 2... you just can't admit it...

:wink:

Eh, well, it was just a thought, although just 5-10 people on a message board doesn't exactly make for a good statistical sample. :shrug:

U2dork said:
Eh, well, it was just a thought, although just 5-10 people on a message board doesn't exactly make for a good statistical sample. :shrug:

I agree with U2dork.

Niceman said:

All Because of You
Vertigo
Electric Co
I Will Follow
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found..
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
City of Blinding Lights
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One
Zooropa
Your Blue Room
Always Forever Now
Original of the Species
Yahweh
All Because of You

That setlist is horrible. For one, I can't believe U2 played All Because of You twice. U2 playing a song twice is just dumb. They have so much more to choose from.

For another, they didn't play Vertigo twice! Vertigo is clearly the best closer for this tour, and it has to open shows too, since it's the VERTIGO tour.

What's with the classics? I'm so tired of Still Haven't Found, Pride, ect. U2 needs to play songs from Pop and Zooropa instead. Whatever happened to songs like If God Will Send His Angels and Numb? Why didn't U2 play those songs live more?

What's with Always Forever Now? Your Blue Room? Zooropa? Has U2 gone mad? No one even knows those songs! U2 played those instead of the beautiful With or Without You? And The Fly? What an outrage!! I bet the audience was dead the whole time. And everyone knows Zooropa didn't work live!

:wink:

U2FanPeter said:
There should be rehearsal setlists up for ACC Toronto Sept 8/9/10.

Write those dates down, folks!!

u2fp

*cancels everything for those days*

Back
Top Bottom